The Medical Tent and Surgery Center

Oddly Absoluthly [MM5]

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Odd's body was chowing nutrition through the catheter as he lay gawking at the ceiling lamps, trying to doze off. With all the droid beeping it was hard though, especially that one was about to roll in with another shot of antibacterial medication.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Re: Oddly Absoluthly [MM5]

Postby Luth Khalan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:36 pm

His position gave him a good view as a red haired woman entered the tent, fiddled with a vapor cigarette, then put it back in her pocket as she looked for someone.
Republic | Human | SIS | Spy | Assassin | Sniper | Force Sensitive
Carries: Comlink, Electrobinoculars, Utility Belt,
On Assignment: Environment Armor and helmet, Sniper Rifle, Extra Rounds

"Tomorrow is another day."
Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Odd didn't know her so she was probably not looking for him. "The Doc has just ended morning checks. It's just droids for now." He chatted up because sitting alone in hospital was not glorious.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:03 pm

"Crap," she sighed, finding some place to lean. "I guess I'll find him later." Thinking it polite, she nodded to him. "Luth Khalan."

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:35 am

"Oddyn Vizsla." It was bad taste to ask what was bringing her here, so he decided to change the subject, being at the top of Mandalorian sensitivity. "Enjoying the war?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:50 am

"... You know, as far as wars go, it's all right. I get to spend time with my girlfriend, so there's definitely worse things," she admitted after a moment of thought.

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 am

"Good for you then!" He nodded. "For me it's the company of medical droids that meets my most dire needs right now. Though I hope I can get back to shooting soon enough."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 pm

She nodded with a half-smile. "What's your weapon of choice?"

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 pm

"A Sidewinder, but the heavier the better." He grinned, not minding any compensation jokes.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:46 pm

She grinned at that. "I prefer rifles for heavy, but I absolutely see the appeal. The Sidewinder's a thing of beauty."

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:59 pm

"I like the rhythm of barrels turning. It's like steps in a dance." Oddyn empathised with a wry grin.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 pm

She nodded thought. "Hmm... I like that way of thinking of it. I think a rifle is like a bell - you're striving to hit that single, clear, decisive note."

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:40 pm

"In the orchestra of battle there's place for both." The way she built on his thinking called for a broader smile.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:45 am

"Indeed... This battlefield isn't quite a symphony, but it's certainly a nice little concerto," she said with a nod. She smiled back. Thinking of it that way was surprisingly helpful.

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:40 am

It was indeed. "If a trombone tells a cello she's doing it all wrong, she can always pluck it to the puffer to buzz off or blow." Odd held the grin.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:02 am

That made her break into a laugh. "True enough, that."

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:14 am

He watched her laughing with a widening grin. "This is when we could toast for good recitalling, but I haven't yet figured out what medication can double as emergency bar shots."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:43 pm

"They might have a drug guide around you can get your hands on," she replied with a grin, coming over to sit closer to him as they talked. It had been a while since she'd had so much fun with a conversation.

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:31 pm

"For now, just one hand." He raised it and waved with a smirk, pulling up into fully seated position. "I've been told the chrome replacement for the other is going to be attached tomorrow. But yeah, it'd be grand." He smiled slightly mischievously. "Would you know how to go about it?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:47 pm

"Oops. Get your hand on," she replied, shaking her head with a chuckle. "Getting your hands on a drug guide? Maybe. It'd probably be wherever their other reference books are. Maybe not handy for everyone here."

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:54 pm

"Handy, right." He laughed. "Or I could take you out for a proper drink once I'm out of here. Maybe there's a not entirely plundered bar in Rygor that will have some real thing."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:17 pm

"Now that sounds like a plan," she agreed. "I never mind a decent drink."

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:43 pm

"Good. Looks like we have a plan for a high stakes scouting mission. Or high voltage one." He nodded firmly as he smoothed his beard.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Luth Khalan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:14 pm

She grinned and nodded. "I'm looking forward to it." She stood. "For now I should probably get going, though. Get some good rest."

Luth Khalan

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 pm

"Yeah, I should. Thanks for coming by." He stretched. "Now to just fall asleep and dream of real whiskey."

Oddyn Vizsla

Next
Forum Statistics