The Medical Tent and Surgery Center

Re: Seeking Help [D6 LA]

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:36 am

"No need to apologise. It will get better, like my thigh," he drummed his fingers against the leg that had been broken on Nar Shaddaa.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:00 am

"Mmm. I remember that." Niall's lips quirked, but his eyes were still concerned. For a moment, it looked like he was about to say something, but he shook his head.

"Are you seeing someone about that? Another doctor? I've seen Ashla around."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:02 am

“No. We had to be self-reliant on the Outer Rim. My team got me through, and by the time I got here, the worst of it was past.”
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Niall smiled relief, but his eyes were still concerned. "I suppose that makes sense. I just feel that you've had one sort of terrible injury or another all the time I've known you." He touched his hand to his chest where Cole knew his old scar was. "Of course, I'm one to talk."

Niall sighed. "If it does keep bothering you, would you go see Ashla? We're all here to look out for each other, after all." Niall asked gently.
Niall Organa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Cole’s lips thinned. “Sure,” he could have pointed to the room they were in, and the doctors and nurses manning the field hospital, but Niall had a compulsive need to fix things, even when it costs me a thousand credits. The surgeon ran a hand through his hair and wondered about if the Sith had been stronger, strong enough to slice me in half. Might have been easier all ‘round.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Niall could see Cole's thinning lips, could sense the increased tension, but couldn't tell the reason for it.

"Cole..." He said, frowning gently. After a moment, he shook his head. "Just let me know if there's anything you need. Or let someone know, if not me."

His expression grew more thoughtful. "I think perhaps I worry because I see in you some of the things I see in myself. The tendency to work too hard, to give all of yourself."
Niall Organa

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:20 am

Tra Kize is rushed into the medical center, unconscious and having difficulty breathing. His face is severely wounded, the exit wound from a blaster shot having blown out the front right side of his mouth and mostly destroyed the right side of his jaw. There is half of a breath mask still operating in a limited fashion with folks covering the face hole as best they can to prevent him from breathing in too much oxygen and choking to death. He is moved into an atmosphere controlled room that is immediately set to Dorin's atmospheric conditions, as the emergency medical team don's breath masks.
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:13 am

Cole was rescued from having to work out how to answer Niall's comment by the arrival of the Kel Dor. "Hold that thought for me Captain, I need to see to this." Cole's first action likely didn't reassure the younger soldier, as he unpacked a hypospray and loaded it with several components, injecting it into the side of his neck under the jaw.

Grabbing a breathing mask, he entered the sealed theatre, assessing the patient's condition with cool detachment. His long, slender fingers worked quickly to reassemble the fragments of jaw, pinning the pieces together with a medical plasteel mesh to hold the structure in place during what would be a long healing process.

---
D6 LA: Stim Application; Medicine, Average: 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 5 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Cole gains +1 Intellect and takes 2 Strain (4 Base, 2 Advantage to recover).

D6 LA: Crit-Tra; Medicine, Easy: 2eP+3eA+1eB+1eD 2 successes, 5 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Critical Injury (Discouraging Wound) removed. The other Crit will be removed by downtime.

D6 LA: Heal-Tra; Medicine, Hard, Physician's Kit: 2eP+3eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Advantage from Physician's Kit

5 Wounds, 4 Strain healed.

D6 LA: Heal2-Tra; Medicine, Hard, Physician's Kit: 2eP+3eA+1eB+3eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Advantage from Physician's Kit

6 Wounds, 2 Strain healed. Tra should be awake on 9 of 11 Wounds.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:47 am

Niall was shocked at the sudden appearance of the terribly wounded Kel-Dor. He nodded acknowledgement to Cole as the Doctor rushed out of the room. But not, Niall noticed, before taking a moment to inject himself again. Niall frowned.

He returned to the waiting room, pulling out his datapad to review while Cole did his work.
Niall Organa

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:11 am

After the time spent in surgery Tra looks much more whole. And while his vitals seem to have stabilized, he is still quite unconscious. Likely a mixture of physical shock, bodily exhaustion, his advanced age and the medication.
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 am

Cole peeled off his bloodied gloves and accepted a cloth from a nurse, wiping his brow. The Kel Dor would require long term care, but he'd done all he could for the moment. He stepped out of the theatre, the atmospheric regulator hissing as it adjusted the air mix of the tiny, one-person airlock. The doctor gratefully removed his respirator, it was a compact model designed more for emergencies, but it didn't obscure a surgeon's eyesight like the more comfortable designs would. He dropped the respirator into an autoclave and ran a hand through his curls, straightening his back.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Previous
Forum Statistics