The Medical Tent and Surgery Center

[D7 MM] Standing on one leg

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Sabine huffed and puffed in the medical hall. "Who the kriff invented disruptors?" She asked her companions. "I swear, that crap should be illegal."
Last edited by Sabine Kelborn on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [D7 LM] Standing on one leg

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:27 pm

"It actually is in some regions," comes Tra's response. "And if I thought you actually wanted to know then I'd tell you about their history." His chuckle sounds different from when they first spoke, but much better than the weeks spent in recovery.
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Re: [D7 MM] Standing on one leg

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:29 pm

"Mhm, sure, hit me. Though if I fall asleep and hit my leg, I am blaming you for the other 3 weeks of surgery." She said through gritted teeth.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:59 pm

The Kel Door pulls a chair up next to Sabine and sits. "The original design of the disruptor was as an anti-starship weapon. They are actually based on supercharged ion weapon technology. The first prototype was created by a Corellian Engineering weapon designer, Gan Torula, at the shipyards on that planet. Two generations later a Corellian Arms engineer, Silas Moontracker, designed a mobile platform. It was at that point, when they were used operationally, their unique effects on organic physiology was identified. It was still limited to vehicle bound combat use, but they became popular with criminal syndicates and terrorists for their frightening and painful effects. Eventually, a century after that, an outlaw tech engineer, Beda Impeda, developed a hand held version. She sold the design to one of the more unscrupulous manufacturers at the time and became ridiculously wealthy in the process."
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Sabine sighed. "The things sentients do for credits." She shook her head, and continued her exercise. "Despicable... there's no honor in that weapon."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 pm

"It is a brutal bastardization of a weapon designed for a legitimate purpose. Like using a doctor's implements for torture, or using a mining laser destroy a building's supports. And they took it too far," he says.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:45 pm

The sergeant sighed. "Wonderful, really. I hope to catch him next time, and plant my shiny metal feet in his mouth."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:57 pm

"It's a rough situation, but at least you are still alive. That's what is important. I've already talked to the requisitions folks and your prosthetic is taken care of. One less thing to worry about. You should focus on healing up."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Tra Kize wrote:"It's a rough situation, but at least you are still alive. That's what is important. I've already talked to the requisitions folks and your prosthetic is taken care of. One less thing to worry about. You should focus on healing up."

"I appreciate it sir." She grunted in effort as she pushed herself up. "I would really appreciate it. So... can I ask something personal?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:37 pm

"Of course," he says with a nod.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm

"How did you retire? Or rather... hrm, from what you told me, you sacrificed a lot so you can join the military, yet you retired in the end. What did you do?" She tried to not be offensive as she asked.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:49 pm

"I reached an age and rank where it felt appropriate. I suspected I wasn't going to go any further in my career and would have only been able to give another 5 years at most anyway before my age would have forced my retirement. Nothing bad happened or anything like that. It took me 25 years to reach rear admiral, in a staff position and then I simply moved on with my life to let the next person take my place and make a difference in their own way," he says with a pleasantness to his tone. "Spent a few years with my wife without having to move around before she passed away peacefully. It really was not an exciting career for most of it, but I did what I could to improve the lives of as many Republic citizens and service members as I could in my own way. Now I try to teach that mindset to young folks who dream of a brighter future."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:55 pm

Sabine smiled pleasantly. "That sounds lovey. I... I wonder if I'll ever get there." Her face turned to a frown. "First, there's a debt I need to pay back. Then... perhaps later. Perhaps I'll retire, and teach young Mandalorians how to be honorable warriors, or something. Or I'll die to a stray bolt." She huffed as she did another set of exercises. "Either way, no regrets, only way is forward."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:19 pm

"I've found that teaching is a rewarding experience. Been doing it for nearly a decade now, and I still keep in touch with some of my students," he says with a nod. "It's great to see their progress, though it's sad to get news of the ones that have made the ultimate sacrifice. I just hope that what I've taught helps keep most of them alive and well."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 pm

Sabine listened. "That sounds quite lovely, to be honest." She oomphed again. "Feeling better by the way? Your breathing was heavy a couple of days ago but seemed to have passed." She made another grunting noise. "Are you planning on going back to teaching when we're finished here?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:29 pm

"Depends on how everything turns out. I will remain as long as the resistance exists to remove the Mandalorians from Bankor. After that time I'll return to teaching," he explains. "And yes, they shape of the breath mask is finally fitted as well as before, and the wounds around it are healed up. I'm breathing much easier now."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Sabine nodded. "Hopefully this won't drag on too long..." She settled down for a moment. "Glad to hear. You look better too, not as pale." Sabine, on the other hand, was pale a space vampire. "Did you get any similar injuries in the past?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 pm

"I haven't. My positions usually placed me in headquarters, command posts, or flagships. I've never been a front line combatant, and even in the time since my retirement, I've had little call for using weaponry so I've lost my edge from when I had to qualify on blasters," he replies. "My physical coordination is a bit worse than it was in my youth as well, but it was never all that great. There was always that divide between officer and front line fighter, but I put everything I had into developing strategies that would keep as many troops alive and safe as possible. That was always my weapon of choice so I was rarely shot at."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 am

Tra Kize wrote:"I haven't. My positions usually placed me in headquarters, command posts, or flagships. I've never been a front line combatant, and even in the time since my retirement, I've had little call for using weaponry so I've lost my edge from when I had to qualify on blasters," he replies. "My physical coordination is a bit worse than it was in my youth as well, but it was never all that great. There was always that divide between officer and front line fighter, but I put everything I had into developing strategies that would keep as many troops alive and safe as possible. That was always my weapon of choice so I was rarely shot at."

Sabine nodded along as she listened. "That is glad to hear. Well, not glad that you were hurt, but that you managed to keep healthy through your career." She smiled. "Some might consider you only a desk jockey, but knowledge like that is important, real important." She sighed. "I am glad that you are here, sir. We need more people like you."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:39 pm

"What we really need is an excellent chef," he jokes. "Everyone can appreciate that talent, from those that pound dirt to those that fly desks. I assume they bring you standard meals from the mess? Is there anything I might be able to sneak in for you?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:37 pm

"Hrm.... not sure? Never really had good food....oh, a Taun-taun steak! It's pretty smelly, but real tasty. And full of fat. It's a real treat!" She was highly excited by the idea.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:11 pm

"I'll see if I can get one, but they're not too common here on Bankor. Given it's mixed population though, there's probably a market somewhere," he replies with a chuckle.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:59 am

"Here I thought you were a thinker, not a fixer." She replied with a smile, and stretched slowly. "Have they been having you doing exercises as well? It's a pain. Useful, but a pain."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm

"In my case, too much movement early on would have been more harmful than helpful. I started my physical therapy after letting everything heal up, and it was relatively easy. I didn't lose any of my tusks, since the shot was too high, and like most creatures with a mouth we have muscles that control our lower jaw or palate on both sides, so that made exercising the right side easier. It was mostly reconstructing the bone and healing that took time for me, as well as refitting a breath mask."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:16 pm

"AH, I see. That doesn't sound too bad then, at least." She smiled as she spoke. "Your jaw is mostly okay now, then? No issues?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Next
Forum Statistics