The deep uncharted wastes of the Black Desert.

Re: On A Diplomatic Mission (D6, MA)

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:42 pm

"Except you gave them an excuse to increase their brutality. They have adapted your methods to even more monstrous ends." He matched tones with the other man, watching him. "And then, we need to talk about it in pure, sterile numbers. There are more of them than there are those who would follow your lead. You'll run out of bodies before they will, and what happens then? Their sacrifices? Wasted. And you've lost the means to win a war." He crossed his arms across his chest.

"Suicide bombings are only useful as a terror tactic to those where fear is an issue. The Mandalorians have none. They aren't broken by morale losses. All that is doing is throwing away lives for a cause."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:11 am

“It makes them think twice while we hit our true objectives,” he responded.

“People are going to die, we just made those deaths have meaning and serve a purpose. I use whatever it takes to win, victory at any cost. They took everything from us, we have no reason not to do the same to them.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:17 am

Lyseil was aghast and openly shocked.

"But how can there be victory for the people of Bankor if they're all dead?" she asked, horrified that he used his inspiring leadership to make people do this.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:20 am

"Except you aren't taking anything away from them." Durasay shook his head. "Don't you get it? Mandalorians don't fear death. They welcome a glorious one. When they die, they feel they go on to Manda. All you're doing is reinforcing their belief that you all are weaker people who deserve to be conquered, because you have to resort to underhanded maneuvers to beat them."

Looking up at the man, his eyes narrowed. "You're just feeding their narrative, and bleeding out lives. Wasting youth. Throwing it all away for no gain." Stepping forwards, he hoped his commanding presence, that natural leadership ability would show throw.

"Dammit, there are people who view you as a hero, and are willing to follow you, who respect you. Don't squander their lives, on a futile attack. These people need hope, and resolve, to take back what is theirs. What is yours."

Ooc: I'm looking for a way to appeal to a sense of duty or honor, where a Leadership check can be used to try and make in roads with him.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:23 am

OOC: The difficulty is 2eC+1eD plus one setback for arriving unannounced and another because Vando is a ruthless man with nothing to lose, so two setback.
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:33 am

D6 - LA - On A Diplomatic Mission - Appealing to Vando's Honor (Presence 4, Leadership 1, Command 2, Commanding Presence 1 to drop 1 setback, Influence Skill Control, Spending a Destiny, vs. Vando' s Discipline 2 Challenge, 1 Difficulty, 1 setback remaini: 2eP+2eA+2eB+2eF+2eC+1eD+1eS 1 failure, 5 advantage, 1 Despair, 4 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spending 2 Light side pips to make 2 successes, net 1 success, remaining 2 to add to advantages.

Final Result: 1 success, 7 advantages, 1 Despair

With the advantages, I'd like to improve his disposition, if not appealing to him. At the same time, get him to open up about his background, or why he feels this is the only way.

Have fun with the Despair.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:07 am

He mulled it over and said, “In the end it has only brought out the worst in the Mandos. I am not so tied to any tactic that I need to stick with it out of fashion. I don’t regret what we have done, it was important at the time, but we can do better now.”

He laid out plates and started serving food as he spoke, “The people need leadership, good leadership. I am here to aid my people, and that is what I will do.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Lyseil breathed a sigh of relief as it seemed Vando had listened to reason. Her decision to ask the Pantoran senator for help had been the right one, she was sure of it!

"Many look to you for that leadership, mr. Nee, as you've provided them with leadership in difficult times!" she said warmly, obviously glad that the conversation was now going productive places. Lyseil gave an assuring nod to Thazos!
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Durasay Mixo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:14 pm

"And we are here to support that. I know that things can be strained between our two organizations, but if we trust each other, we can accomplish great things." Durasay smiled as he saw the meal being laid out.

"I have to say, this looks amazing. You've quite the talent for the craft, Sir Nee."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:11 am

Vando nodded and then said, “Eat up there is plenty, Senator… Lady Panteer.” The man was quiet as he considered the conversation and although still annoyed at the visit was at least amenable to pleasant conversation and the outcome that had come to pass.
Dapper Dog

Previous
Forum Statistics