The deep uncharted wastes of the Black Desert.

On A Diplomatic Mission (D6, MA)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 am

Lyseil had a good feeling about this. She'd seen the senator speak in the command meeting, and he seemed to have that sort of air of authority that was probably going to be a much bigger help than her own meager skill at diplomatic talks. Sure, she could negotiate with Jawas, but Jawas were a simple people - unlike the kind that managed to convince people to strap bombs to themselves for the cause.

With a determined expression, Lyseil slowed the speeder down as they reached the coordinates the droid had given them.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Re: On A Diplomatic Mission (D6, MA)

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:49 am

"I'm glad that you invited me along, sergeant." He sat, not quite so comfortable in the speeder, his knees hitting the panel of the console. Durasay was all smiles, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Think I should leave my blasters in the speeder?"
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:54 am

"I'm honored to have you along, senator Mixo!" Lyseil was all sunshine as usual, even out here. "When I spoke with mr. Thazos Kin about this earlier, I figured it would be better with someone like yourself who seem to have much more diplomatic skill than I do. I'm just relieved you are out of the hospital after that dramatic rescue you were in yesterday."

She cast a glance to the weapons. "Hmm... I don't know, this guy is kind of dangerous, no? I mean, he convinces people to strap bombs to themselves..."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Thazos Kin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:57 am

Thazos added, “I would prefer that whatever happens we do so without fighting.”
Bankor Resistance | Leader | Ex-Republic Soldier | Courageous | Zabrak

Played by Dapper Dog
Thazos Kin

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:58 am

Without PT-6D it would be easy to miss the entrance of the safehouse in this deep desolate wastes. They have to dig out some sand to reach it but find a mechanical door built into the base of what is now a covered hill of stone.

The droid still has valid security codes to open the door.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:11 am

"I prefer so too..." non-violence was always preferable. If Thazos went unarmed, she'd follow his example.

"Alrighty, PT-6D, if you would be so kind?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:20 am

The droid complied as Thazos went in, unarmed. The interior was plush and clean with upscale accommodations that could probably keep a dozen people comfortable for a few months. The interior is cool and there is a pleasant smell of flowers.

Over an internal communications system a voice said, “You do realize it is customary to knock.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 am

"Well, consider this a formal knock." The Pantoran responded, all smiles and charm exuding through his words. "Mind if we come in, maybe have a nice, friendly chat?" He looked about, hoping to face the transmitter comm.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:11 am

“It really depends, I am well aware the Republic has their panties in a twist about what it takes a win a war. So friendly seems relative, and out of the three I only know one of you. So you can understand that I might not be inclined to speak face to face,” the man responded over the transmitter.
Dapper Dog

Postby Thazos Kin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:12 am

Thazos said, “Look Vando, these people have assured me that they are here just to talk. No one is taking you away on my watch, we owe you more than that.”

“You have my word.”
Bankor Resistance | Leader | Ex-Republic Soldier | Courageous | Zabrak

Played by Dapper Dog
Thazos Kin

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:24 am

"If we wanted to cause problems, we'd have brought proper troops and marching orders. Instead we have someone you're familiar with, a logistics officer, and..." he flashed a winning smile. "A Republic Senator. I'm here specifically to talk, just as Thazos said."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:38 am

“Considering your willingness to jump into trouble mister Senator, I am not exactly put at ease by your presence. So don’t patronize me,” the voice responded.

“If you are looking to talk I am in the kitchen, follow the ground lighting.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:35 pm

"Oh, neat!" Lyseil remarked as she noticed the ground lighting leading the way.

Otherwise, she was alert to details and traps while the men talked.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:27 pm

"Why does everyone keep pointing that out." He grinned at that, before following the ground lighting.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:54 pm

As they approach the kitchen they can smell baked bread and something baking, seasoned fowl of a local variety. A droid assisted a man with cooking and he said, “Welcome, I am Vando Nee and this is one of my homes.”

“And this is the part where you introduce yourselves?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 pm

"Durasay Mixo. A pleasure." Durasay was always on, but when the mission called for it, the charm just seemed to pour out from him. The tall Pantoran stood, posture military straight, his yellow-amber eyes focused on Vando. He did take a moment to assess any details of the room when they entered. "Smells delicious in here. A lot can be said about a being from the way they cook, and the best way to know someone is to share a meal."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 pm

The kitchen was large, clean and neat. Plenty of room for conversation for all five of them, though the assistant droid seemed focused on chopping and mincing and menial tasks. Vando didn’t seem all that impressed but his mood was probably soured by the unannounced visitors.

All the same he said, while mixing a bowl of ingredients, “Well since you are here my mother would roll over in her grave if I did not invite you to a meal. There should be plenty. So, Senator Mixo, what can I do for the Republic?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:20 pm

"Lyseil Panteer," she said chipperly and held up the head of the butler droid, PT-6D, to help with the limbless reunion.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:24 pm

“Peetee, well isn’t that a surprise, Lady Panteer,” he said gesturing for her to put it on the counter.

“I really thought the droid was gone.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 pm

"I rescued him in the sewers... some of the jawas found him," she explained, but figured it was best not to elaborate too much. No need to rehash painful events of his family's demise.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Durasay was perceptive enough to pick up on the soured mood of the other man. That was to be expected. It wouldn't be the first time that he had walked into a situation like this. "Well, Mister Nee, it would be rude of us, as guests, to just come in and say how you can help us. I am very curious, as to what the Republic can do for you? Clearly, we have the same goal, the removal of the invasion force from Bankor."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:14 pm

Vando replied, “Cut to the chase, you came here for a reason. If I needed help from the Republic they would know, so let’s not mince words. Unless you were just returning my droid.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:30 pm

"Alright, all business then. We need to talk about methods." Durasay spoke, his tone showing his determination in this. "And the cost on ones soul when one engages in actions such as those we've seen here." His posture straightened a bit, as the Negotiator went to work.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Having returned PT-6D to his family, Lyseil let the senator do his work, hoping the goodwill of the droid's return showed their good intention.

---

OOC: Lyseil will assist Durasay if possible (Charm at 2 yellow, all other social skills untrained)
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 pm

“My people did what needed doing, some gave their lives in battle others gave their lives in more direct means. We all did what we had to do. I am not going to belittle their sacrifices by talk of stains on the soul. War as you know, senator, is awful and brutal. I can play by stupid rules, or I can get results,” Vando replied.

“I have no regrets and saved many and hit the mandos where it hurts. They thought they had a monopoly on brutality, I proved them wrong.”
Dapper Dog

Next
Forum Statistics