An upscale jizz club located on the waterfront.

Ocean view (Day 6 Midnight)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:34 am

Zanebry wasn't sure if the woman he was looking for would be here. But he wanted to look, he was dressed much like he had been the night before, and cut an impressive figure as he entered the establishment. This was his element and he was comfortable in it.

Striding towards the bar, he adjusted his tie as his eyes scanned the tables for a familiar form in a red dress. Hopefully she would be here.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Ocean view (Day 6 Midnight)

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:02 am

The atmosphere was sedate, there was an air of relief and still apprehension as if another boot would drop and the city would be plunged back into occupation. People were drowning their sorrows and their elation, the live music was a local jizz band finally able to deliver the music once again to a live and receptive audience.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:07 am

Standing overlooking the lower tiers as the live band plays music was the woman in a new red gown, alone enjoying a deep drag. Her body subtly swayed with the music; otherwise she was aloof and alone.

Or at least appeared so to anyone watching her.
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:29 am

Turning towards the bartender, Zanebry ordered a pair of drinks. A simple whiskey and water for him, and a aviation for her. The light purple drink being his best guess at what she had drank the last time they met.

Glasses in hand he wound his way down to the lovers levels and to the table of the mystery woman. "Would offering you a drink be to forward, Miss Amaryllis?" He asked as he arrived at her table.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:35 am

“It would depend on the drink, Mister Varliss. Is this business or something else?” she said sparing him a slight glance.
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:00 am

"I don't know if an aviation is to your liking, but it reminded me of what I last caught you drinking." He replied as he sat the glass on the table, she could accept it or not at her leisure. "Probably a bit of both in all honesty. There were a few things I wished to talk to you about."

"But I should also admit, that the business is a bit of a excuse to ask you if you'd like to join me for a dance or two."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:03 am

“Ask your questions first, I’m curious just what is on your mind,” she said taking the drink casually.

“Last we spoke, I was disappointed in the outcome. Be a shame if I had to endure that a second time.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 am

"I do hate to disappoint a beautiful woman, but I suppose time will tell what the outcome might be."

He gestured to the chair across from her. "Do you mind if I take a seat?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:11 am

She gestured for him to sit and said, “By all means, the music is lovely.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:33 am

"You're right about that." Zane said with a contented sigh, as he took the seat across from her. "Didn't think I'd get to hear anything like this in my time here."

He lifted his glass to his lips. "I suppose I should start off by saying thanks for going easy on the kid."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:56 am

“He’s an asset, nothing more,” she responded taking a sip.
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:01 am

He chuckled lightly at that. "And here I was thinking that a woman from your organization would have a intense dislike for a Jedi." He offered playfully. "Perhaps I was wrong in my assessment."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:05 am

“Everyone has their role to play, Mister Varliss, some are content to be merely bystanders. Others make things happen, I had thought you were the latter,” she responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:20 am

"I can make things happen, Miss Amaryllis." His lips spread into a wry smile. "Have no doubt about that. The question right now though is in which direction do I deal the winning hand." She could very easily believe he was bluffing, and it was quite possible he was. Anything was possible though.

Bringing his glass to his lips, he let his eyes meet hers. "I am fairly certain I know some of your aims, I might even understand partly where you're coming from. But, I'm not convinced that it's the correct path. So, why don't you try and do just that?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 pm

“You’re fishing, and I don’t fish. If you know what we are trying to do, then you will either agree or you won’t. Changing minds is a rare thing, and your history says that you follow your personal course of morality. Changing such a mind seems an exercise in futility,” she responded calmly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:02 pm

"I suppose you're right about a few things there." He said with a soft chuckle. "And if it was just the Sith you were involving I'd likely agree without a bit of hesitation. As it is though I have a few friends on the other side."

He brought his glass to his lips. "I'd need very good reasons to betray them, and it feels to me you're treating the symptom, not the disease." The glass went back to the table, his eyes lingering on it for a moment. "But, seeing as you're not interested in changing minds, I suppose we'll never get that dance in."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:32 am

“It seems a shame, but perhaps this is how it was meant to be,” she replied calmly.

“Is this where you try to arrest me, or do we part amicably?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:37 am

"I was quite looking forward to the chance to dance." He replied with a soft sigh. "All my partners lately seem to be students."

He shook his head. "Arrest a woman with such a fine taste in music? Not tonight. Are you quite sure you don't want to shoot me?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:10 pm

“It had crossed my mind but I see no reason to signal for your execution. We still work towards similar ends. A shame about your partners,” she said looking at the singer.

“You are an interesting asset, Mister Varliss. Misguided, but interesting. I would drop the Heraldian Cipher from your case load; it is already beyond your grasp. Instead, we can offer you something that might be of interest to you.”

“Where the Resistance missing supplies have gone.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:31 pm

"I suppose it's only to be expected in a warzone, with everyone busy shooting each other." He sighed and shook his head. "If they dont forget how to be civil, they do forget how to enjoy a night out."

"The cipher was never really a major concern, I just wanted to know how much you really wanted it." He told off his hat and lowered his head fir a moment. "My apologies that you got injured in the process."

"An interesting offer. Could I ask why?" He didn't really expect a answer. They had very likely been involved in the original theft after all.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:44 pm

"Professional courtesy?" she responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm

That caused a soft chuckle to roll from his lips. "I'll take that as you have your reasons, Miss Amaryllis." Courtesy had never seemed to be one of her major concerns after all.

"I suppose it would be rude of me to refuse your kindness though. So tell away, I'll pass it along to someone who might have a interest."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:41 pm

“I am sure you will get it to the proper authorities. The stolen supplies were sold off world but some of them may have ended up in the hands of Huya Vy, a local crime boss. We don’t have dealings with her, so deal with her as you like,” she replied.
Dapper Dog

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:59 pm

"I don't suppose there is a particular reason you don't have dealing best with her?" Zanebry asked, filing the tidbit of information away. It honestly wasn't too interesting, Niall would likely be happy as a puppy when he got the news though.

"As it is, it almost sounds like you want me to get rid of one of your rivals after all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:45 pm

“Self interest is a powerful motivator, Mister Varliss,” she responded.

“Deal with her as you see fit or not at all.”
Dapper Dog

Next
Forum Statistics