An upscale jizz club located on the waterfront.

Re: In The Mood [D6 EE]

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:55 am

"I assure you, I am not a perfect Jedi. Few are. But ten years is a long time," she points out with a slight smile. "What were you doing ten years ago, Captain?"
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:55 am

"No doubt few people are, though of the ones I have met here you are the most jediy of the bunch." He said smirking. "Hmm ten years ago I was a pilot for the Republic, Ensign Jackson Dolross though I was promoted shortly after."
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:50 am

"Hm." She raises an eyebrow. "See? Ten years is enough time to grow and change a great deal."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:31 am

Azura Mora wrote:"Good!" Azura laughed, grinning more "this is ok I guess. I mean, I wouldn't go out dancing by choice but it's a good way to let off some steam?"

She looked over her shoulder at Jax and Tethys, and then turned back with a laugh.

"At least we're not falling over like they are! Guess they don't teach dance in Jedi school."

"Ah imagine there's a great many things they don't teach there. Glad ah never went, t' hear them speak about it ah'd have been bored int'a coma within a month. Now it's thankfully too late, accordin' ta Tethys." Garth casually confides in Azura.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 am

"Too late?" Azura frowned "you mean...the Force?"

There was a little look of surprise
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:11 pm

"So they tell me," Garth continues, blissfully unaware of Azura's own hidden talents.

"Apparently that's how ah fly so good. Makes me all at once more an' less special'n ah thought ah was. Just don't tell im over there. He'll call me a cheat if'n ah win our race."
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:50 pm

"That's a load of bull. You fly good because you are good. Don't let some stupid Jedi try to take your achievements away" Azura huffed in annoyance "if the Force helps, then sure it helps, but your skills are your skills. Force or no, you're still flying the ship. That's no different to someone having years of flying experience being told they're good because of the person that taught them. Ugh."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:38 pm

"Don' worry. Force or no force, ah got enough faith in m'self that if somethin' sucked it all away, ah'd still be a hell of a pilot. But if'n it gives me a little edge now 'n then..." Garth dares to twirl Azura in her pretty dress drawing them closer to Jax snd Tethys.

"Then who'm ah t' look a gift horse in th' mouth?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Azura managed to resist a laugh at the twirl. It was kinda fun though.

""Good. That's exactly what I think of it as well" she smirked at him "use what you have, it's all your skill after all."

She peeked over her shoulder at Jax and Tethys who almost seemed to be chatting rather than dancing, before looking back at Garth.

"Don't forget that."
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:"Hm." She raises an eyebrow. "See? Ten years is enough time to grow and change a great deal."

He chuckled "yes yes I suppose it is indeed. Though while I've done plenty of changing i'm not sure how much growing has happened in the past decade." He said with a note of good humor.

At that the band began to slow down and change songs to a more intimate affair. "Well Tethys I believe it is time for me to go retrieve my date. This has been a pleasure." He said as his hands left her body and he gave her a bow.
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:24 pm

Seeing Jax disengage from Tethys, Garth slowly but boldly brought one of Azura's hands toward his lips kissing it gently if she let him. Regardless of the success of his venture, he would grin.

"Seemed to be the done thing." He explained pointing to other couples before smiling at Jax's approach.

"Managed t' bring her back in one piece, more thanks t' her skills than m' own."
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:08 am

"The enjoyment is mutual, Captain," she says with the same half-smile. "You're free. Take care with her."

A slightly ambiguous phrasing there.

She quirks an eyebrow at Garth as he hands off Azura...
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:45 am

Catching the curious look, Garth reclaims his beer and grins.

"Well that were...bracing. What'd ye think Tethys? Been dancin like that before?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:48 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"The enjoyment is mutual, Captain," she says with the same half-smile. "You're free. Take care with her."

A slightly ambiguous phrasing there.

She quirks an eyebrow at Garth as he hands off Azura...

"That I will do, she can be a handful at times." he said with a small laugh as he headed towards Garth and Azura.

Garth Wayne wrote:Seeing Jax disengage from Tethys, Garth slowly but boldly brought one of Azura's hands toward his lips kissing it gently if she let him. Regardless of the success of his venture, he would grin.

"Seemed to be the done thing." He explained pointing to other couples before smiling at Jax's approach.

"Managed t' bring her back in one piece, more thanks t' her skills than m' own."

Jax grinned as he reclaimed his date offering Azura his hand "It was never her I expected to come back in pieces Garth." Jax said with a friendly tone.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:58 am

Garth Wayne wrote:Seeing Jax disengage from Tethys, Garth slowly but boldly brought one of Azura's hands toward his lips kissing it gently if she let him. Regardless of the success of his venture, he would grin.

Azura didn't kill him for the action, so it was a positive thing at least!

"Like you could break me" she chuckled, looking to Jax as he said his piece with a pout "and I wouldn't hurt him over a simple dance. Did you have fun?"

She crossed her arms, looking at Jax with slightly narrowed eyes.
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:06 am

Jax chuckled as he stepped closer to Azura "about as much fun as you looked like you were having with our dashing young Garth. Don't tell me you're trading in for a younger model already." He quipped his voice teasing his hand turned up to accept hers for a dance that was a touch slower.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 am

Azura shrugged.

"Just keeping my options open. Learnt something interesting about him though, but nah. I've grown attached to my room on Midnight to be honest" she grinned at him, taking his hand "don't tell me you got jealous?"
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Jax chuckled and shook his head "no of course not, I trust you not to do anything that'll hurt me." He said smiling at her.

He took her hand and pulled her in close. His other hand ending up low on her back as the moved to the rhythm. This dance is more sensual than the last the dance slower and intimate.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:04 am

Garth Wayne wrote:Catching the curious look, Garth reclaims his beer and grins.

"Well that were...bracing. What'd ye think Tethys? Been dancin like that before?"

"Dancing with a smuggler captain, in a jizz club in a desert city that was just liberated this morning? No, I can't say I have," Tethys says, lips quirking. "You seemed to be enjoying yourselves."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:13 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"Dancing with a smuggler captain, in a jizz club in a desert city that was just liberated this morning? No, I can't say I have," Tethys says, lips quirking.

"Then it seems ya need t' get out more then." Garth answers, his smirk matching Tethys's. "If'n y' can think of any other firsts ye'd like to cross of yer bucket list this campaign, ah'm happy t' help."

Tethys Carrack wrote:"You seemed to be enjoying yourselves."

"There's a certain...lib'ration when ya dunno if yer dancin' partner's likely t' shoot ya, stab ya, punch ya or follow yer lead. Seems th' 'verse were smiling on me t'night. Ah made it off th' dance floor intact." He laughs openly, endorphins flowing after the rousing dancing.
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:25 am

"This 'first' has been a little too specific to plan in advance," Tethys says, retrieving her own glass with a serene air. "Besides, many things are better left to spontaneity." She almost.... almost seems like she might be about to wink at him.

She tilts her head to follow the course of Azura and Jax as they strike out across the dance floor. "You joke, but it's wise to be careful with her, you know. She's like you, only less controlled. And less interested in control."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:31 am

Tethys Carrack wrote:"This 'first' has been a little too specific to plan in advance," Tethys says, retrieving her own glass with a serene air. "Besides, many things are better left to spontaneity." She almost.... almost seems like she might be about to wink at him.

Was that....nah...couldn'a been... Garth ponders, before he assumes his read was off, and the opportunity for spontaneous action quickly passed.

Tethys Carrack wrote:She tilts her head to follow the course of Azura and Jax as they strike out across the dance floor. "You joke, but it's wise to be careful with her, you know. She's like you, only less controlled. And less interested in control."

"Then ain't it a good thing t' encourage the happy, light side 'f her personality like this?" Garth asks, sill curious about how this Force thing worked. "T' encourage all our happy sides?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:39 am

"Yes, actually... well, within reason." Tethys's lips quirk apologetically, for once actually appearing to notice the irritating vagueness of this Jedi-answer. "There's a fine line between happiness and the fear of losing happiness. Like that one..." She gestures slightly with her cup to indicate Jax and Azura again. "She clearly cares for him, so he must make her happy at times. But I suspect she also feels possessive of him, perhaps even jealous. It takes work to hold on to the first of those things without giving in to the second."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Garth Wayne » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:51 am

"But if we give up the first, out of concern of falling to the second...don' that make us just as manipulated by fear?" He chugs a little more of his beer.

"One helluva tightrope y'all have t' walk there." Garth summarizes as he leans back against the bar, incidentally coming a little closer to the striking woman.
Garth Wayne

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:58 am

"You are not wrong," she says, quirking an eyebrow. "And if you give up joy and caring for others... what's the point of any of the rest of it? But it is what it is."
Tethys Carrack

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics