The General Eatery, open night or day.

[D2 MA] Nil By Mouth

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 am

Cole was pale, aching, tired, and his fatigues were bloodied. He strode into the Mess Hall, unaware or uncaring of the stains that marked the white bib of his otherwise dark blue field uniform. He grabbed a tray and took it over to a slightly less-crowded section of tables and poked unenthusiastically at the food.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Re: [D2 MA] Nil By Mouth

Postby Zhao Xhur » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:55 am

Cole might be pale, but he was not white!

Suddenly a 1.91 m mass of muscles, entered the mess hall. The male was wearing a robe and armor and from his head several horns were visible, several braids covered part of the back of his back as well. This zabrak was completely white, a rare or even unique trait, he was also covered in ritual red tattooes and some pretty nasty scars all over his skin.

The massive zabrak approached the line and grabbed a tray as well, he was hungry. You could see it in his light blue eyes. He looked around for a place where to sit, luckily for him there where some empty spaces available. Not that he had any trouble in finding free space in the past. People tended to move away from him...

He sat close to the doctor and began devouring his food with enthusiasm.
Republic | Jedi | Zabrak | Guardian | Soresu Defender | Former Slave | Brave | Intimidating | Loner

Description

Carries: Blue Lightsaber, Armoured Robes, Republic Credits
Zhao Xhur

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:59 am

The man's presence drew Cole's eyes, as he wasn't particularly interested in the food. His pale blue-grey eyes lit up with interest as the zabrack sat near him. Instead of moving away, Cole slid closer, pulling out a hip flask. He took a belt and offered it to imposing figure, "something to wash that down?"
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Zhao Xhur » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:11 am

'' Huh? '' Zhao looked up as his eating concentration was broken by the man sat close to him. He saw this guy offering him some sort of drink. This zabrak always accepted the opportunities that life offered to him. '' Oh, thanks...'' Grabbing his glass and moving it closer so as to be filled as he inspected the man's clothes, noticing the stains...

'' Rough day, eh?'' A rather polite question. This was a warzone.
Republic | Jedi | Zabrak | Guardian | Soresu Defender | Former Slave | Brave | Intimidating | Loner

Description

Zhao Xhur

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:18 am

The flask contained whiskey of a decent quality, and Cole poured a finger for him, nudging the glass back toward the man with a slender finger. He grunted softly, "aren't they all? Doctor Ormont, Cole. There's a few pockets of injured pinned down in the city still, the sooner we have this region secured, the better."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Zhao Xhur » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:32 am

'' Yeah. Yesterday i inspected downtown and the bloody mandalorians were still all over the place...'' He replied with a rather somber tone, but that is the reality of war after all. '' Zhao Xhur, jedi. Good to meet you Doctor Ormont'' He presented himself and raised his glass as a sign of respect. A silent cheer.

Description

Zhao Xhur

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:44 am

Cole returned the toast by raising his flask and taking another belt. He braved the food, picking at it without any real interest, as if by habit or sheer hunger. His icy eyes glittered interestedly as he considered his companion, the visible scars caught his attention, wondering about the extent of them. I've seen pale zabracks, but none like this, no sign of pigmentation mottling or fading, no indication of genetic albinism, "how's your eyesight?" he blurted out abruptly.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Galen had returned to his bunk to store some of his gear and retrieve Navi, before making his way into the mess for some food. He grabbed a tray and sat near the doctor and the other man. He didn't say anything. He just began eating, occasionally feeding a scrap to the small creature on his shoulder.
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:06 pm

“Galen,” Cole greeted him, “thanks for your help. Have you met Jedi Xhur?” The surgeon pushed his spectacles up his nose and took a mouthful of the vaguely identifiable stew on his tray.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:34 pm

"I have not." he shook his head, then nodded in greeting. "Galen Sol."
Galen Sol

Postby Zhao Xhur » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:11 am

A bit baffled by Ormont's question, Zhao was about to reply when another man entered the conversation.

'' Good to meet you, Galen Sol'' He replied and made a slight nod. '' Huh, my eyesight is fine doctor, why do you ask?'' He replied to the Doctor not sure to where he was leading the conversation. He ate some of the protein military paste from his tray and drank some of the whisky. It was good he thought.

Description

Zhao Xhur

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:25 am

Equal parts defensive and sheepish, Cole pushed a hand through his dishevelled curls, “I have to admit a certain fascination with your,” the socially awkward surgeon stumbled over his words, “colouration. It’s most unusual, and attra—intriguing,” he hurriedly corrected himself.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Zhao Xhur » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:39 am

'' Ah, yeah...'' He said without minding or feeling insulted. '' A lot of people find it interesting, you are not the first one. Apparently it is not common colour for my species...'' He adds. '' A rare genetic mutation? I really don't know. I suppose that you as a doctor should know more of such matters.'' He shrugged.

'' So Galen Sol, you are what? A soldier? a mercenary? '' He asked to Galen, with a rude tone but without any malintention.

Description

Zhao Xhur

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:07 am

"A hunter, and a mercenary." he answered.
Galen Sol

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:16 am

“And bodyguard,” Cole added. He had access to medical records for everyone signed on the with the strike force, but it was unlikely that the Jedi had ever been asked to take a military physical, so the records would be lacking to say the least. Why don’t you come on over to the medical facilities and let me take a scan for my personal reference? he mused sarcastically, that doesn’t sound skeevy at all.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Zhao Xhur » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:16 am

'' I see...'' Zhao replied while eating another full spoon of the paste. '' There are alot of mercenaries around here i noticed, yesterday i met with another one, a woman named Azura Mora, you know her?'' He asked. '' By the way, what type of creatures you hunt? animals, sentients beings?'' He asked, with a neutral tone.

Zhao then turned to look at the doctor, he seemed a bit tired, perhaps his emotions were in disarray? He reached the force, trying to see if he could determine his emotional state but he couldn't. He shrugged and continued his meal as normal. '' So, what do you guys think about this war?'' He asked.

[OOC-Rolls]

Because why not?
Not using darkside

D2 - MA; Nil the Mouth, Force Sense Basic; FR1 to check Ormont's emotional state because Why Not?: 1eF 2 Dark Side

Description

Zhao Xhur

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:25 am

"The name isn't familiar." He shook his head. "I hunt animals, nothing sentient. Mercenary probably isn't the correct term. It's not how I think of myself, at least. But, I'm glad I'm here. From what I've seen, I think the people of Bankor will be better off, if we succeed."
Galen Sol

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:56 am

As the conversation turned, Cole listened politely, still picking at his food, more pushing it about then eating. “It should never have gotten this far. How long has this been coming before the violence broke out?” Running a hand through his curls, “makes me wonder what the Republic was waiting for.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Zhao Xhur » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:17 am

'' I see...'' The zabrak nods. '' I suppose that you have seen many sort of strange critters in many distant corners of the galaxy, right?'' He asked Galen.

Then he replied to Ormont.

'' Too much politics and that sort of crap. Most likely that's why the Republic goverment took so long to send the army. I'm all in favour of democracy but most times the senate is too slow to take action. '' Zhao said '' Not that the Jedi Council is any better, really...'' He adds with a neutral tone. '' As they take their time to debate, people suffer. Bankor is just one of many examples in the galaxy.''

Description

Zhao Xhur

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:20 pm

“At least we’re here now and can do some good before it’s too late.” Cole pushed his tray away from him, half-eaten. With efficient movements, he plucked a hypospray from a pocket and loaded it. Popping one of the buttons on his shirt, he slipped the hypospray under and administered the injection to one side of his abdomen.

Reversing his actions, he unloaded the device and put it away again before adjusting his spectacles and running a hand through his hair.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:53 pm

"The galaxy is filled with countless wonderous creatures." he nodded, setting Navi on his shoulder. "And, even more political bureaucracy."
Galen Sol

Postby Zhao Xhur » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:17 am

Zhao noticed how the doctor injected himself but he was a doctor right, he probably knowns what he is doing. Still he was curious about what medicine he was using. Then Galen shown this little creature.

'' And what is that? I'm sorry, i'm quite ignorant you see...'' He shrugged, but he was really interested in the little critter.

Description

Zhao Xhur

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:50 am

A hint of a smile curled the corner of Cole’s mouth, folding his slender hands on the table in front of him. He’d looked up some information on the little creature, it had been interesting reading, and he waited for Galen to make introductions.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:11 pm

"Navi is a puckmaren, from Binpuka Minor." He explained. "I found him years ago."
Galen Sol

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:22 pm

“Apparently an extremely endangered species,” Cole chimed in, “possibly even the last of his kind.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Next
Forum Statistics