The General Eatery, open night or day.

I'm a cereal killer. [D4, EM]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Layne was sitting by herself, probably because people seemed a little scared by her. I mean sure, she was a Jedi right? But what's with the dark robes? And those dead killer eyes? And... you know, those table manners. She did have the decency to use a spoon this time, but somehow it didn't help much. She was still just stuffing her mouth like some wild animal that didn't care about proper etiquette. Someone really ought to say something. Or stare at her judgementally or something.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Re: I'm a cereal killer. [D4, EM]

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:50 pm

Lyseil on the other hand was as bright as sunshine, the kind of person that probably woke up to the singing of little birds who helped her brush her hair to its immaculate shine.

So she was a little concerned when she saw the almost... animalistic behaviour from a jedi. "Uh..." holding her breakfast-tray, the Alderaanian approached with some caution. "... Are you feeling well, master jedi?" she asked, almost timidly.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 pm

She looked up with her mouth full and chewing, staring at the annoyingly chirpy person as she kept making crunching sounds for a few moments before she swallowed.

"I guess? Food's a little so-so," she said.

Strangely, she adjusted her tray a little in what could be interpreted as a 'you're welcome to sit at the table if you want' gesture.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Well, it would be rude to refuse! And would look so horribly out of place too to walk away now.

"Ah, ok, huh... you just seemed a little... err... sluggish?" she said as she took a seat. "I guess the heat is getting to everyone already. Please take nescessary precautions for the desert climate, master jedi: hydration, shade, and right clothing!"

Lyseil added some copious amounts of sugar and cream to her kaff. "It would be really bad if one of the jedi collapsed because of a heat-stroke."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:07 pm

"..."

She stared at her with some incredulity.

"...uh yeah. Right. Don't worry, I do alright in desert environments."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:29 pm

"Oh? You've been to desert worlds before?" she asked with unabashed interest and curiosity.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 pm

"A few," she said. "Outer Rim's packed with 'em."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:42 pm

"Oh yes-yes, I know! I've read so much about them, but I've only been to planets with a more subtropic single-biome terrain. Would've been really cool to see something like Korriban and such; there's so much history there and now it's all locked away from us researchers!"

Lyseil practically bubbled with enthusiasm as she got into her field of expertise... it was dreadful to think what she was like after the intake of morning kaff with that much sugar.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 pm

"I've spent quite some time on Korriban," she said, blinking. Her enthusiasm had caught Layne offguard, and she'd just blurted it out without even realizing how one might take the statement.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:55 pm

"Oh, wow, you have? That's amazing! Did you get to see the Valley of the Dark Lords? Oh, oh, or enter any of the tombs? There's a lot of theory among some scholars that Ulic Qel-Droma had a secret hideout there too!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 pm

She rubbed her brow for a moment, wondering what she'd done to deserve this. "I did see the valley. Don't know who Ulic something or another is, but I've entered a few tombs. Korriban holds many secrets. And even more dangers."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:28 pm

"Dangers is all part of the excitement for archaelogical expeditions! Well... I could do without another acklay, but some risk makes it exciting," she chuckled and took a generous sip of her kaff.

"Ulic Qel-Droma is, like, super-legendary. He was a close compatriot of Exar Kun and he was a jedi from my homeworld of Alderaan before he fell to the Sith. Wow, you really haven't heard about him? I got lots of texts about him on my datapad if you want to read!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:33 pm

"Eh, that's okay. Don't think I've been to his place. If he was with Exar Kun though, I've been to tombs much older than that."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 am

"Yes-yes, there's lots of really old places on Korriban, as well as the other Imperial worlds, from before the first contact with the Dark Jedi and the original Sith. Which is funny because there's evidence that the Sith race have been found on Core Worlds from even before that time, which is interesting because it conflicts with the theories that the Dark Jedi were the first to make contact with the Sith race!" The young woman was like a data-storage. A ditzy one at that.

"Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun isn't that old, true-true, but I've always been fascinated with his story since he comes from my homeworld!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 am

It was possible, that if the Alderaanian took a moment to look at the armored robes that Layne was wearing; which indeed she wore most of the time, just in case; that the style seemed very old. Old enough to belong to the time of Ajunta Pall, in fact. Or maybe such an insight fell outside of her expertise.

"Uhuh. I don't know about all of that. When first contact was made with Korriban, the natives were pretty primitive."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:30 am

"Primitive?" Lyseil scoffed a little. "That's a way too broad definition. The Sith, from what discoveries have taught us, did have a very established society with it's own hierarchy, traditions, and rulers even. They simply lacked the technology we take for granted today; interstellar travel and energy weapons - which is interesting when you think about how other members of the original Sith race had been to other planets before the first contact. Of course, if you ask a Rakatan-focused scholar, they'll just pin it all on them." She laughed a little at that.

Lyseil simply didn't think the style of Layne's dress to be anything too crazy, since she knew jedi often liked to re-use old styles to seem cool or something.

"So what brought you to Korriban? Part of some secret Jedi mission?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:35 am

"No. I was sent there for my Sith training."

If there was one habit; and to be fair she had several; that she hadn't managed to kick, it was that of enjoying shocking others with sudden unexpected revelations. Especially delivered in so casual a manner. It always amused her.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:41 am

A silent gasp as her cup of kaff remained nearly in mid-air on its way to her mouth. "Sith...? Oh... well, powder me with sugar and call me a doughnut, that's..."

She took a mouthfull of kaff to reorient herself. "Goodness, so you've escaped the Sith?!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 am

Powder me what?

Layne's expression could be described as annoyed disbelief at the personality in front of her.

"Pretty much yeah."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:53 am

"Wow... that... that must've been incredibly difficult! And dangerous!" she said with some shock in her voice still. "Aren't you worried they'll come for you or something...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:56 am

"Well, most of 'em probably think I'm dead. It was that kind of farewell."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:01 am

"Oh."

Another sip of kaff.

"So... it was like a farewell duel at the top of a building or something, then?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:06 am

"Sort of. Only it involved a ship crashing into the smuggler moon."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:11 am

"Well, that sounds suitably dramatic for a holovid!" she chuckled with good humor, having recovered from the shock by now. "Nothing exciting like that happens where I go, but I guess that level of excitement comes with the business of being Sith or Jedi?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:15 am

"Sith moreso than Jedi," she said with a shrug. "Or maybe that's just from having one of the most powerful and ambitious masters in the Empire. Jedi masters seem to be less interested in striking against other Jedi."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Next
Forum Statistics