The General Eatery, open night or day.

Re: This Ain't No Picnic! (D5, EA)

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Cole ate his chocolate, washed it down with a sip of whiskey, and remained contemplatively silent. I hope we resolve this theatre soon, she shouldn't be here, she should be finishing her thesis on some world far, far away from suicide bombers and snipers putting huttball-sized holes in people.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Clearing her palate eventually with the sugared kaff, Lyseil began on her sandwich.

"Hmm... may I ask where you're from, captain? I have a hard time placing your accent."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:25 pm

“I’m not surprised. I’m from here and there.” He took another sip of whiskey, and didn’t appear to be interested in eating any real food, if the mess hall rations could be called that.
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:28 pm

"Oh, really? So, like, travelling around a lot then?" she asked with interest.

She did cast a glance to his untouched food though, with a tinge of concern.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:37 pm

There wasn’t one thing on his tray that he did seem to want, picking up the water glass and draining half of it before running a hand through his hair. “Born and raised a navy brat,” Lyseil would, of course, recall what he’d said about joining up not being his choice.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:42 pm

"I see. That must've been an exciting way of growing up, I imagine," she offered him a concerned smile.

Her voice dropped several volumes as she leaned a little closer. "Uhm... Is everything alright?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:59 pm

“It was the only thing I knew,” he half-shrugged, “I knew that other kids didn’t move around as much I did, but it still seeemd normal to me.” Taking another mouthful of water, “as far as I’m aware, why do you ask?”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:19 pm

"Mm... well..." she shifted a little in her seat. He was technically her superior, so she was in a way overstepping a little here.

"Just... a little surprised. I'm so used to seeing folks chow down their food in such a hurry, I was wondering if something was troubling you... "
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:23 pm

“Ah,” he adjusted his spectacles, “my stomach has been a touch sensitive since I had surgery a few months ago. The rations here are different to the ones I was on then, and the sudden change has had less than pleasant effects.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:30 pm

"Oh..." her eyes widened in understanding. "Oh, I see... yeah, that makes sense. Man... I'm sorry, now I feel really stupid. Sorry. I was just getting really worked up if something was wrong and I would end up carrying a doctor to the medbay."

Lyseil let out a small embarrassed chuckle. "That would've been really-really weird."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:37 pm

Cole’s mouth twisted, like something she’d said had hit a little too close to home, “don’t worry, I have experience with difficult patients.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Uh... ok?

"I'm sure not everyone comes along quietly, yes-yes?" she nodded, her smile a bit more at ease now. "I'd ask which story might stand out the most, but that might not be a lunch-table topic...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:45 pm

“Patients have a tendency to refuse to rest long enough to recuperate, and insist on pushing themselves harder than their system can take. As for memorable,” he held up his left hand, displaying the sinister scar there.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Her chuckle could almost be described as bubbly. "Doesn't surprise me when many of your patients must be super-tough soldiers and the like... just remember that it must apply to you too sometimes, yes-yes? Even doctors need their rest."

Lyseil leaned closer for a better look at the scar. "Wooow... that looks pretty wicked!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:01 pm

“Are you familiar with anesthetisia psychosis, Sergeant?”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:07 pm

"Vaguely," she wobbled her hand. Medicine wasn't really her field, but she was well-read enough to know some parts. "Anesthetisia carries some, if a low, risk for delirium and mania, if I recall correctly?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:15 pm

“Correct. There are a lot of things that can wrong with anaesthesia. For the patient, anesthesia awareness is the worst complication short of death. For the surgeon, psychosis is the most dangerous. Delirium after surgery is rather common, but on the very rare occasion, a patient can not only wake up, but will wake in a violent state.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:21 pm

"Oh dear," she murmured, both fascinated and a little horrified at the same time. The fascination mostly stemming from the fact that this was something she didn't know much about, and she always had an interest in picking up knowledge.

"Is... that what happened with your hand then?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 pm

“A patient suffering anaesthesia psychosis managed to pick up a scalpel. This is my souvenir,” he ran that hand through his blonde curls.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:29 pm

"Yikes!" she looked wide-eyed at the hand that disappeared into the curls.

"I can't say I have any souvenirs like that, even from my more daring adventures. I prefer my souvenirs less painful that looks nicer on the shelf, or in a museum," Lyseil grinned slightly. "I wasn't aware it could get that bad... I really should read more up on medical stuff, just in case. It's almost fascinating... in a kind of weird way."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:32 pm

“I’m sure you have a wealth of knowledge about dangers I’ll never face in the operating theatre.” He looked at the scar, running his slender fingers over the ridged white flesh, “it could have been a lot worse.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:39 pm

"Possibly, but it probably wouldn't hurt to learn more than just basic first aid. In this place, it could be very useful," she said with a serious nod. That, and she had a lot of determination to learn more of everything! "I'm glad to know it didn't go a lot worse. Goodness, that could have been really terrible."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Cole spared her the worst of it, pale blue-grey eyes guarded. “People don’t generally imagine surgical theatres to be hostile places. Not for the staff, at least,” plenty of people are threatened by being a patient.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:49 pm

"Yes-yes, kind of feels like one of the last places that should have that kind of danger," she nodded in agreement. "Well... I hope I will never be a troublesome patient, sir. Or a patient at all."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:54 pm

Cole shrugged, “if it happens, some of the finest medics in the Republic are here.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics