Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Just two drinks, actually (Day 9 EN)

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:42 am

A tall figure robed and hooded against the rain slips into the auxiliary hangar and over to the Three Drinks, approaching the ship's ramp and triggering the external audio pickup system.

Hopefully, if the ship's master is already sleeping, his droids will answer without waking him... but Tethys considers it unlikely that he's asleep.
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Re: Just two drinks, actually (Day 9 EN)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:58 am

It's true he wasn't, and after a quick look at who was at the door, he went to open it. "There better be a beautiful woman under all that darkness, and mystery." He said in greeting to the form he was almost certain he had seen before.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:18 am

"Oh, that." Tethys puts up a hand to slide the wet hood back onto her shoulders. Underneath the apparently water-resistant Jedi robe she's still wearing the same white dress from the party earlier. "Entirely subjective, Mr. Varliss." One corner of her mouth quirks up slightly.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:10 am

Z hadn't bothered to change either, wearing the same suit she had likely seen him in earlier. "True, but I've already been clear on my opinion on that matter." He stepped to the side, letting her make her way in. "Would you allow me to help you with your robe?" Amusement danced behind his eyes as he asked, it was not something he usually had to ask a lady after all.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:18 am

She shakes her head, bemused. "Nothing stops you, does it?" Nevertheless, she indulges him--if letting somebody else handle your damp clothing that's just come in from the rain can be considered an indulgence, anyway.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:41 am

"I assure you, some women find it quite charming" Zane said from behind her, close enough for his breath to tickle her skin as he helped her out of her outer garment. "I do like how this looks on you, but I need to get you that dress I promised." He continued as he moved away, to store her robe where it could dry.

"Would you like to Join he in the common room?" The question was innocently asked, though there was a hidden amusement in his eyes as he looked back towards her.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:39 pm

"I can stay a little," she says, shrugging one shoulder. "I came by to make sure you were all right--by the time I got to med bay this morning, you had already gone, and I never had a chance to speak with you at the party."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:01 am

"I was a bit busy being poisoned by Sergeant Panteer to do much talking." Zane replied with a rueful smile, as he began to lead the young lady further inside.

"As for the medbay, I never tend to linger long, they tend to smell absolutely awful." He turned to offer her a soft smile. "Though your arrival likely would of helped with that part."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:17 am

"Poisoned?" She raises an eyebrow as she follows him further into the ship. "So... are you? All right? I've been kicking myself for letting Varad play her stupid games to the last--I should have made her face me first, not let her come after the three of you."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:00 am

"Close enough, if you recall sweets arent my favorite thing." Zane's eyes studied her for a moment as she made her apology, turning away as the entered the common room. "I accept kisses on the cheek as apologies." Was the joking reply as he made his way towards the bar. Letting her take a seat if she wanted to.

"Really though I'm fine, it's not like I had to drag myself to my ship and see myself back together." His tone suggested he just might have done that before. "Anyways I recall asking you not to risk your life for me. So I'm not going to complain."

"Could I get you something to drink?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:57 am

"I am still under my two-drink limit... why not?" The corners of her lips curl up slightly. "Though I'm surprised you have much left."

She trails her fingers along the back of the couch but doesn't sit down yet. "I remember that request. I should have made it reciprocal."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:46 am

"I dont have much left, honestly. Just a few odds and ends really, and a bottle of two on my favourites. So while I'd like to make something to tickle your fancy. I'll have to make do."

"I'm happy you didn't, as odd as that might sound."" He turned her way and offered a warm smile. "It might of sparked a disagreement."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:03 am

"I only refrained from arguing in the first place because I was rather confident of finding enough plausible deniability to fulfill the letter of the promise, should I need to," she admits with a dry smile. "I have no doubt you could manage the same."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:34 am

He had to laugh at that, and there was a warm smile on his lips as he finished the pair of drinks and moved in her direction. "You're likely right about that, Miss Carrack." Was the reply as he passed a glass her way.

"Enjoy."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:23 am

Tethys nods slightly as she accepts the glass, still wearing that restrained smile. She lifts it up gently in his direction and cocks an eyebrow. "To a fair trial for Eralynn Varad," she says, with a hint of cool irony. And a long sentence.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:44 am

He raised his glass, letting his eyes meet hers. "One day you're going offer me a real smile." Were the first words to leave his lips,followed shortly after by.

"A fair trial for Eralynn Varad, may we never meet the likes of her again."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:52 pm

"I hope to be so lucky," she concurs, then brings the glass to her lips to seal the toast.

"...And what makes you think I haven't? Smiled, I mean." She drifts around to the front side of the couch, balancing the still-mostly-full glass carefully.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:37 pm

His glass drifted to his lips for a small sip, as the toast was completed. "Oh, you've smiled more then a few times, though I think I've only seen a piece of two of your real one."

Zane moved slowly towards the other end of the couch, keeping a little distance between them, somehow it felt appropriate. "I just always seen to sense a little caution behind it. Like you arent quite letting yourself go... I suppose that's to be expected though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:46 pm

"People keep saying that to me. Mostly men," she observes with a wry expression. "Do you know, many sentient species find displays of teeth alarming, or aggressive... on average, it is easier to get along with people who find you a little cold than people who think you might bite them." Her quiet, musical laugh bubbles up for just a moment.

"But I have never faked a smile around you, as it happens," she adds casually as she settles onto the edge of the couch. Watching him move, she notices the hitch in his step she hadn't spotted earlier, in all the distracting performance around taking her robe and fetching drinks.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:33 am

And a performance it was, as it's east to notice a look of relief behind his eyes as he took a seat on the opposite end of the couch from her. Whatever state he was in, it was likely a bit worse then he let most others believe. "That is a good point, but then some people might enjoy the thought of a little biting." He countered with a soft chuckle. "I suppose you just have to judge which one you are with.

"I'll take that as a compliment, Miss Carrack. Though I never really thought you did.you don't catch me as the type to lie, even if it's only with a smile." She was probably even a little to honest, at least as far as Zanebry was concerned.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:18 am

An expression of disbelief crosses her face for a few moments--closer to an amused I can't believe you said that than an actual failure to understand what he meant. "Happily, that has never come up," she says, quashing an incipient snort of laughter by taking another sip from her drink.

"Life is simpler, on the whole, when you avoid lying as much as possible." Her eyes flick from his face to his legs and back again. "Is your leg all right? You were limping this morning, I remember."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:34 am

"Oh? That's just a little disappointing." His lips curled into a mischievous smile. "That you're happy about not encountering it that is." His own drink made it's way to his lip,as he watched her a playful look in his eyes. "I should likely warn you, I'll probably be a bit more forward then usual. Miss Carrick." If he was fair, he'd likely of warned her a bit earlier

"Hairline fracture." Zane offered as he reached down to pat his leg. "And what looks to be a nasty scar... I'd offer to you show, but I'm rather unsure of where 'rifling through a mans pockets' sits on the Jedi hierarchy of relationships..."

"Somewhere between friends and lovers?" He mused thoughtfully. "Or perhaps somewhere else altogether" He didn't recall Yslane every rifling through his pockets so it was hard to help.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:25 am

"My kit was out of stims, and I was worried we'd need to get out fast--" Tethys says a tiny bit stiffly, before sighing and shaking her head at her own reaction. "Well, interpret it as you will, Mr. Varliss. But might I suggest 'comrades in arms'? Unless you don't have any of those who aren't also lovers." Her eye smile at him for a moment over the rim of her glass, and she stretches her long legs out in front of her, crossing them comfortably at the ankles. "We ought to qualify for that, by any common definition."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:08 am

He was hoping for that reaction, and he couldn't help but grin, even white teeth visible for a brief moment. "You know, if I was a less generous man, I'd point out there were two others there, that I can assume haven't told you that they were attracted to you. I'll let that pass though, at least for tonight."

"Comrade in arms?" He paused thoughtfully, before very deliberately halving the distance between them on the couch. "Comrades in arm's sit this close." Zane declared rather matter of factly, his eyes moving to meet hers. "Oh, and to answer your question, I only make out with a few of my comrades in arms."

"I've never kissed Captain Alderaan for example."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:52 am

Tethys snorts softly. "Captain Organa? I wouldn't think you had... though more on his account than yours." Eyeing the reduced width of couch cushion between the two of them, she raises a skeptical eyebrow. "You sit this close to him too, then, I suppose?" She half-hides her twitching lips behind another small sip of her drink.

"If you want the very dull answer, which I do not imagine you do," she quirks her brow at him again, "you were the last person I got to, because you did not look as badly off, and had fallen further away from the others. I didn't notice my stim pouch was empty before I reached you... everything was happening very fast," she admits, a little sheepishly. "In any case, applying hyposprays and synthflesh to an unconscious person is much more intimate than going through his or her pockets. But if you chose to seize on that you would have to include Sergeant Kelborn and Specialist Devaroo in your scenario." Her amusement fades somewhat as Rav's injury returns to the front of her mind.
Tethys Carrack

Next
Forum Statistics