Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: Just two drinks, actually (Day 9 EN)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:07 am

"I've danced with Niall if you must know." Zane replied with a playful smile on his lips. "Though only a time or two." He moved a little closer. "So if we're basing things off him, I'm allowed to be this close."

"Medical procedures are different." He replied with a wave of his hand. "Sergeant Bootylicious; Sabine will tell you that much. All the blood will negate any sense of intimacy." Putting down his glass he pulled off his gloves. "Now comparing scars, that's intimate."

Holding his hand out in her direction. "Run your finger along that one." He indicated what look like a scar from a knife fight on the top of his hand. "Nice and slow, so you can get a good feel of it. You'll be able to tell the difference."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:26 am

Tethys doesn't put down her glass quite yet as her eyes track his hands while the gloves come off, then return to his face. "Is this a clinical exercise, or a come-on?"
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:33 am

"If it was a come on, I'd probably manage to be a bit more Suave about it." He offered playfully. "Still it's your decision of what you think of it as."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:09 am

"Just checking," she says with a faint smile, reaching to set her drink down on the coffee table. Her fingertips are cool from the chilled glass as they return to hover just above the back of his hand. "Then what is the lesson here?
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:15 am

"That there is a difference, in the how and when you touch someone, and that medical treatment isnt at all intimate." That seemed to be the point he was trying to get across. "Though who knows, you might have a slightly different experience then me."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:06 am

"Hm." Her eyes half-close and her fingers touch his hand gently but firmly. "An injured being is very... exposed. Bodies are just approximations of the living spirit at the best of times.... when someone is wounded, the shell is broken. Real Jedi healers have to become good at shutting out those parts of their perception of the patient they don't need for their work. It's not easy."

She shakes her head slightly as she says, "But this is more reciprocal, if less immediate," then lifts her hand away. "I imagine there is a story behind that scar."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:14 am

"I can't imagine so it's easy, most things that take control aren't." At least it did seem to take control, not that he had much idea of how the force worked. "But, I suppose I think it's a bit because intimacy is made to be shared, it should be reciprocal, otherwise it's just..." He paused thoughtfully, his lips curling into a playful smile. "Peeping?"

"There is a story behind most scars." He looked at his hand a frown crossing his lips. "Some I hardly remember, like that one. Others have a lot more meaning to me." He picked his up from the table. "Those I'm less willing to share. It takes a different degree of intimacy, and I don't think we're there yet."

"As I'm still the only one, showing off at the moment."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:43 am

Her lips twitch into a half-smile again. "You already know about some of mine. Sand demon." With a fingertip, she gently pushes the collar of her dress just slightly aside to reveal part of a rough-edged, fading claw mark off-center below her collarbone. "Varad's sniper... well, no, not in this dress." Undoing a fastener at her wrist, she rolls up her sleeve methodically and holds out her arm to display a scar five or six centimeters long that slashes across the outside of her forearm. This one looks very old, but it's visibly a little darker than the skin around it and still has a slightly raised texture. "Juvenile krakana, fifth year of primary education."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:00 am

"They fade so slowly don't they." Zane offered, as his eyes drifted from where she had shifted aside her collar to the scar on her forearm. His hand drifting towards her arm, his touch light as he ran a finger down the scar. "You think they'd be gone by the time you grown up, but they stay, little stories carved into the skin.

He turned his left hand palm up bringing her attention, bringing her attention to what looked like an old burn on the meat of his hand. "Blaster fire, from a bounty I tracked. He thought he was fancy, trying to shot my gun from my hand."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:24 am

"That one used to look worse," she comments evenly as she lets her arm settle back over her lap. "The whole class was put off of deep diving for a long while afterward."

She raises an eyebrow at the burn scar, or rather, at the context he provides for it. "And he succeeded?" Add 'bounty hunter' to the list for you, then Mr. Varliss. I suspect it's a long one.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:52 am

"I can imagine." Attacks like that usually meant parents wanted to keep a better eye on their children. "It doesn't seem like it deterred you any though."

"Somewhat, if he really wanted to disarm me, he should of shot me in the other hand." He smiled slightly as he wondered about the thoughts that lingered behind her eyes. "Only the three scars then?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:36 am

"Those might be the most interesting ones. I have no doubt your collection is larger than mine," she admits. "I do not think about scars often... hmm." She pulls gently on her skirt until the hemline rises to more fully expose one bare ankle, where a roughly fingertip-sized patch that looks like an old but nasty burn scar is noticeable if one were looking for it. "Wilderness expedition on Yanibar. My master was chasing rumors of the descendant of a Jedi Master missing for a generation." She looks back up at him, quirking an eyebrow with a distinctly wry expression. "I tripped on a tent rope in the dark. Worst rope burn I have ever had."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:50 am

"I suppose you do see less of them on the day to day." The woman certainly didn't seem to have many. The raising of her skirt caused him to raise a eyebrow, before he let his eyes drift to the car in question. "Can't dance, gets wicked burns tripping on your tent in the dark... I'm very nearly starting to believe you might be clumsy, Miss Carrack." He looked back towards her eyes. "Do you stub your toes a lot at night?"

Seeing, as clothes were coming off though, of at least moving, Zane shifted, so he could slip out of his jacket, before starting to roll up his right sleeve. "Vibro knife, the night I lost some of my family." He said simply, as he turned his forearm so she could see the long scar extending from his wrist to nearly his elbow.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:55 am

"Not when it counts," she says coolly, with a touch of humor floating below the surface. Her small smile fades away into sober stillness at the next revelation, though. "Blood family?" she asks in a softer voice. "Or other?"
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:53 am

"Was that to being clumsy or to stubbing your toes at night?" He replied just as coolly a amused smile on his lips. "I'm a little confused here."

"Other." He offered after a moment. "Not sure if it makes things better or worse."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:20 am

"Either, if you like." Tethys has no mercy for his confusion, apparently.

She contemplates quietly for a long moment. "I imagine that depends on you. I didn't know my own blood family, so I can't compare. But I know some people hold one of the two more closely, some the other."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:41 am

"I'll trust you'll never stub your toes in night battles then... Only trip over tent ropes." He said rather seriously, apparently there was no room for mercy on either side.

"I suppose that's true." He mused softly, bringing his drink to his lips and taking a large sip from the cup. "Unfortunately I'll have to leave you to guess which one means more to me. I don't think I'm quite drunk enough for that conversation after all."

"Plus, there are somethings I won't share with someone who is just a comrade in arms."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 am

"That is fair." She nods slowly. "Sharing scars was your idea. The boundaries are yours to set. Though I wonder..." and although her voice is still soft, she quirks an eyebrow slightly, "what is your category above comrade in arms, for a woman who isn't a lover?"

"I am out of interesting scars now, I believe. Hm. Except for this." She spreads her left hand palm-up to reveal a knife-thin pale line running from the mound of her index finger down across her palm.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:22 am

"Mmm... To give a better explanation, I'd have to say that comrade in arms is almost the same as friend in my book. As you can be one, and not the other." He looked towards her and offered a smile. "Its possible to be both, the only thing else would be family though, and I'm not sure I get another of one those."

"Applications for love are still open though." He teased.

As the next scar was shown he raised an eyebrow. "That is a interesting one. I trust their is a tale to go along with it?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:02 am

"That makes sense." The corners of her lips twitch a bit in response to his teasing. "I expect you have no shortage of applications for love without me, though."

She runs the thumb of her right hand over the scar on her left. "A short tale. Kyber crystal shards are very sharp." The thin line slices through what certain superstitious schools of divination refer to as the heart line, nearly all the way to the outer edge of her palm. "The facets of a lightsaber crystal have to be perfectly shaped. I was so intent on the last cut... I forgot to consider where the waste shard would go, and with what force."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:35 am

"Maybe, I might not be as suave as you take me for." He teased with a soft smile. "Honestly though I find most ladies here want something a bit more permanent then what I'm usually looking for. Which is more along the lines of comfort and companionship in a warzone." Though there had been one or two that had tempted him in that direction. "Something along the line of friends with benefits?"

"Another accident then." He offered with a bit of a teasing smile. "But a understandable one, that type of focus doesn't come easily." He leaned in closer, extending a finger in Hope's she would let him touch it. "Still, I think I like this one best of all."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:01 am

"I understand both sides of that." She shrugs one shoulder slightly. "I would have imagined your preference to be the more easily satisfied around here, though... I'm not an expert observer."

"What can I say? I haven't had as many people try to kill me as you have, until recently." She spreads her fingers a little more, reflexively, as he reaches over--it seems she has no objection to having her hand touched, at least in this particular way. "But--like it? Why?"
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:17 am

"My preferences are quite varied, I like the women I find beautiful, and beauty isnt all about appearances. "I suppose one of the reasons I was first attracted to you, was because you reminded me of another woman, a other lover. She was a jedi too." His lips curled into a small smile. "I found out quickly enough that you were attractive enough without any of that though. Your smiles for example, while I feel they are reserved, I enjoy them, and I like how you try to hide your wider ones."

His glass drifted to his lips. "I think it's cute too about how you're sometimes easily caught off guard. Though I think that's partly because you focus on what's in front of you, you put your all into the task at hand." He ran his finger along the scar. "Which is why I think I like this scar. It's a bit of you. Focused, and maybe a little clumsy. Slender and long as well." He let his eyes drift towards hers. "Willowy. And if you believe in silly old divination the severing of the heart line means something too. Like you've lost someone, or cut yourself off from love. That's all just speculation though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:35 am

Tethys is quiet for a moment, caught... well... off-guard by a string of compliments and confidences she simply hadn't been expecting. She rubs the scar with the opposite thumb, fingers closing partway over her marred palm. Her brows draw together a little; not quite a frown, perhaps just--uncertainty, as unusual as that may be?

"Some of those are things the teachers on Coruscant were quite critical of, you know," she says at length, in a reflective tone. "Still, I... well. I don't get to see myself through someone else's eyes like this very often."

Basic etiquette suggests the right way to conclude this would be with something like Thank you for the nice compliments, Mr. Varliss, you are too kind, but instead the thing that comes out next, after another beat of quiet, is a faintly plaintive "...cute?"
Tethys Carrack

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:02 am

It seemed he had caught her off guard once again, and it was so deliciously cute he almost had to laugh, but instead he slowly reached out to but a comforting hand on her arm. 'There is nothing at all wrong with being cute, Miss Carrack. In fact I find it quite attractive, though I should assure you that cute isn't all there is too you."

"I wouldn't call you sexy, not quite. Though the cut of your dress is quite tantalizing, you do have something of a supernatural allure to you though. Your height, the cut of your clothes, your slight bit of aloofness, it likely makes you hard for a lot of men to approach. It's almost fae in nature, and it's one of the things that first attracted me to you. Underneath that all I find you quite cute though, and to me it's a welcome surprise."

A warm smile made it's way onto his lips. "I hope that's not too much of a disappointment."

Zanebry Varliss

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics