Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Busywork [D10, LM]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Layne had been in the hangar, making use of the tools present, all morning. Reforging one of her lightsaber hilts. When she was finished, she had a... perfectly generic lightsaber hilt.

She sighed, not entirely pleased with the thing she'd made.

Reforging Lightsaber Hilt (DESTINY), boost from hangar, boost from reforging, boost from own hilt: 1eP+1eA+3eB+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

((150 credits of equipment depleted, creates standard lightsaber hilt with the lightweight quality))
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Re: Busywork [D10, LM]

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:13 am

Ashla wanders by her fellow padawan.

"Hey, how's it going?"
Jedi Padawan * Togruta * "Doctor" * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

Equipment: Lightsaber, Physician's Kit, Cursed Sword

Languages: Huttese, Togruti

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:45 am

"Hmmm?"

Layne got distracted by the interruption. She was vaguely familiar with the person responsible. They may have met a few times, but Layne had met a great many Jedi during her time with the order and they all kind of blended together.

"New lightsaber," she said, holding the hilt up.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:09 pm

"Oh. Nice." Ashla looks at the saber. "Never made one myself. So, I always like seeing what other make."
Jedi Padawan * Togruta * "Doctor" * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:18 pm

She looked at her with raised brow.

"Aren't you a padawan? How can you not have made one yourself."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:11 am

"I have the technical know-how, but I wasn't exactly recruited the traditional way. Master Zyl gave me her old lightsaber to train with, and it's not time for me to create my own." Ashla knows that it is not good enough explanation. "I have a connection to it that I need to understand before I create my own." It feels like father. "Even though I didn't create it, it feels..." Ashla searches for the word, "it feels like it belongs to me. And not because I possess it. I had Sin's lightsaber for years, and it was just thing. My connection is through the Force. Until I figure that out, I don't feel the need to create a new." Ashla shrugs. "That said, I like looking what others have done so I can have ideas in the future."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:15 am

"I can't understand feeling that way about a lightsaber just handed to you, but I can understand the sentiment itself," she said, hand touching the darksaber hilt at her side, different from the one she'd just worked at.

"I didn't make my own until some time after recovering my ancestor's saber."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:21 am

"Yeah." A twinge of thought pops in Ashla's head, but she decides to ignore it for now. "I don't get either. Eventually, I'll figure out what she's trying to tell me."

"Though I think I'll try to make another crossguard when the time comes. It suits me." Ashla looks to the darksaber. "Oh yeah. Aren't you descended from some great ancient Jedi?"

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:28 am

She raised a brow.

"Not a lot of people in the order who refer to him that way."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:33 am

Ashla shrugs. "I admit, I don't the story. Sorry for any presumptions."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:41 am

She sighed. Somehow the rumors had started flying, and despite her best attempts to squash them, people kept asking. And if they didn't get an answer, things went sour.

"Master Oshin Din. Disciple and general of Ajunta Pall."

Tell me I don't have to explain who *that* is

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:58 am

Ashla wonders if Spindral knew him. "I see." She does not seem shocked or particularly care. Being the child of a serial killer makes you care a lot less about other people's heritage.

After a second, "You didn't owe me an explanation. And I'm sorry if I put you on the spot. For what it matters, I don't give a shit what a long dead man did."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:03 am

"I see," she said.

Huh, she wasn't kidding I guess.

It was a shame Ashla's ponderings weren't uttered out loud. Layne'd had dealings of her own with Spindral, after all. In fact, it was with his guidance that she'd first met her ancestor's spirit.

"But the dead don't always stay dead, and their actions can echo in eternity."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:10 am

"Yeah, but their actions are their own. Not ours."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:14 am

She shrugged, not particularly disagreeing on that point.

"My actions are many, varied, and easy to criticize."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:22 am

"Meh. Youthful indiscretions. It's important what we do from now on, not what we did in the past. I.... I did some things. But I have to think that it is the future that is important. At least for me." Ashla shrugs.

"The past is just there for us to learn from." Ashla ponders if she should be forward or not with Layne with what she wants to know.

((OOC: Ashla is carrying Spindral's Sword if Layne would recognize it.))

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:40 am

"I have no shame for the things I've done," she clarified, "I had no real choice in them after all. But the past will always define us."

((I don't know if Spindral had it on him at Korriban, or if it would make sense for Layne to have paid any particular attention to it back then))

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:01 am

"I see." Ashla shrugs. "I prefer to pay more attention to the future even if I don't forget the past."

Ashla hesitates. "May I be ask a few things about your time with the Sith? Feel free to tell me to go to hell."

((No. I think he lost it centuries ago.))

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 am

She sighed. "Sure, go ahead."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:44 pm

"Did a former Jedi named Sashto Sin ever join the Sith that you know of? In full honesty, I'm pretty sure he wants me dead, so if I can get an idea of where he went, I'd feel a little bit better."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:26 pm

"Never heard of him," she said with a shrug. She had been expecting a different sort of question.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:58 pm

"Just one more, ever hear of a creepy old guy named Spindral?"

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:23 pm

She blinked.

"The guy who lives in Korriban's desert?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:27 pm

"Yeah. That sounds like him. Do you know anything about him?" Mainly, how I can get him to leave me alone.

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Layne Hoshin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:12 am

"He is an old master and hermit of the Sith. Deranged, to some extent. I encountered him when I was on Korriban. He taught me the Sith code, showed me how to listen to the ghosts of the past, and helped guide me toward an artifact of power."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Next
Forum Statistics