Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Next Steps [D10 MA, Three Drinks]

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Conditions were different. The walk was shorter, for one.

But Niall's habits didn't change. As he approached Zane's ship on the flight deck, he sent a communication ping to the detective. He stood outside the entrance to the ship, arms folded, waiting patiently.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: Next Steps [D10 MA, Three Drinks]

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Zane had been spending an awful lot of time on his ship lately. Though that wasn't very surprising a broken leg took quite a bit of time to heal. Especially with how much walking he had done on his.

So it probably wasn't a surprise when the door to the vessel slid open, letting Niall wander inside on his own accord.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:11 pm

"Zane? It's me, Niall." It was probably a sign of their friendship that when unnecessarily introducing himself, Niall had finally stopped using his last name and title.

The common room with the bar would be where Niall figured he'd most likely find Z; he checked there first, wandering about. He wore a relatively formal uniform, still very sharp looking even after several hours of wear. A bottle of clear liquid was tucked under his arm.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:00 pm

The common room was empty, though Niall might be surprised to find that the small bar was well stocked. Even in a warzone it seemed it was almost impossible to keep the older man dry.

"Be right with you." A call came from the depths of the ship, and a short time later Zane appeared, a smile on his lips. "Afternoon, Niall. How are you?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:14 pm

"Good afternoon, Zane." Niall said, turning back away from the bar.

He held out the bottle; it seemed to entirely lack a label, and the glass was not entirely refined. "I brought you a little gift. Part to wish a continued recovery, part as thanks for the party that other night, and part to help replenish your stock." His lips quirked. "Something that I see appears entirely unnecessary." He nodded back towards the bar. "How do you manage it?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:11 pm

"Magic?" Z replied, putting on his best mysterious stranger face. He probably had one of those on his repertoire.

Sliding a coin from his sleeve, he let it dance across his fingers. "That or knowing the right people. Either way, thank you, Niall. Every contribution is appreciated." Moving across the floor he extended a hand to accept the bottle. "Did you want to give whatever this is a try?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Niall's lips quirked. "Perhaps some other time." He said as Z took the bottle from him. "There's a command briefing in a few hours, and I have no idea how strong it is." He chuckled, watching the trick with the coin.

Niall frowned gently, watching the other man move. "It seems you've recovered well. We'll see you out and about in no time, I expect." Niall's lips pressed together, just a little. He was here on business, after all; it was just an unpleasant sort.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:22 pm

"That's too bad, we really have never had that chance to get those drinks I've mentioned." Really only the one time when Lyseil was around. "I suppose we are in a warzone, though."

Placing the bottle on the bar, he slowly turned around to face the other man. "I'll be dancing in no time, which should free up a bit of your time." He said with a sly smile. "But no drinks... You really aren't here for a social call are you, Niall?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:46 pm

"Indeed." Niall's lips quirked. "We were supposed to do that sometime, weren't we? You had some stories to tell me, as I recall."

One eyebrow went up, the lips quirking again. "I'd rather say, not entirely here for a social call. I did want to see how you're doing, after all. And give you that little gift."

He sighed, pulling out his datapad. "I've just been given another matter to investigate. Major Vuru. He killed himself." He handed over the datapad. "That image is of his room's door, right around the time he killed himself."

It was a picture of Luth, slipping out of the room.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:40 am

"I still do, if you ever want to hear them." He offered before, though it had been in a somewhat round about way. "I've got a few more scars." He pat his legs. "But nothing I can't live with, though I should probably avoid getting too many more. I want to be hot, not grizzled."

"Any idea of why the Major might want to kill himself?" Zane asked, as Niall offered up that tidbit, if it was so cut and dry he wouldn't be here. Accepting the datapad as it was handed his way, Zane's smile slowly faded away. This wasn't good at all. "Have you talked to her about it, why she was there?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:49 am

"I thought being grizzled was part of your charm." Niall said blandly, suppressing a smile.

"The major was suspected of giving information to the Imperials. SIS was giving him false information." He hesitated a moment. "And I did speak to Luth. She said she was walking by, happened to see the door open and the light on. She ended up having a chat with him; said his daughter didn't want to talk to him any more."

He spread his hands. "I don't know if there's more to this... I'm too close to this, Zane. Too close to her. She's a friend. I wanted your opinion."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:09 am

"Perhaps." He replied with a soft chuckle,letting that particular line of conversation drift away.

"My honest opinion? It doesn't make a lot of sense. It's not like there are line after line of rooms after all, these are barracks buildings... If you're in one of the buildings it's for a reason... You don't simply go walking by. " He pursed his lips thoughtfully.
"And if he was considering suicide that door wouldn't be open. Did you find any type of note?"

Pacing back across the room, he went to the bar and poured himself a drink. "I like Luth too, but this smells fishy... Do you know why I told her to retire back on Nar Shaddaa?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:28 am

"Maybe." Niall said. "Some of them opened to the outside; he was a high ranking officer, after all. I'll check on that. But there was no note. Some empty bottles of alcohol, though. That could explain a lot else, like the open door."

At Z's question, Niall grimaced, folding his arms over his chest. "Is it the same reason I told her to retire? That she needs to find herself, and be happy, and she can't spend her life doing bad things for other people?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 am

"Check on the door she entered through as well." Z offered. "Whichever one the Camera caught her walking out of..." He glanced at the datapad once again. "None of the barracks I've seen have opened to the outside like that, it makes even less sense a officers would, with the state the camp ins in." He sighed. "You probably want to have the door examined for signs of forced entry too. Just in case it wasn't open." There was a lingering pause. "Most people don't commit suicide without a note after all, especially if you're worried about your daughter."

His lips quirked in a slight smile. "Sadly no... It was because she had gotten close to some of the Sith there. I believe she considered them friends, at the very least. Her judgement was clouded, she let herself get too close."
Last edited by Zanebry Varliss on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:39 am

"I checked on that, actually. Didn't manage to catch her going in. It must be due to the nature of the camera. If it recorded continuously, we'd have a much better time table than we do, unfortunately." Niall shrugged. "I'll look into the other things, though."

His lips pursed. "Yes... she told me that a Sith is a close friend of hers." Niall frowned, his brows drawing down. "But I... it didn't sound as though she were compromised by him. She made it sound more like she missed him. Do you happen to know who it was?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:15 am

"If she misses him, that's the very definition of compromised, Niall. In this business you can't afford to have friends on the other side." A soft sigh escaped his lips and he shook his head. "Those people aren't even supposed to know she is alive, after all. By this point she already should of pushed any lingering feelings to the side."

There was a lingering pause. "I don't know who it was, but I can likely find out... I'll need to talk to Claire, and maybe try and contact Naveera." The glass came to his lips, as he took a sip. "We'll have to look into her activities over the last eighteen months... Unexplained absences, suspicious deaths in regions she was stationed." His hand came up to rub his temples. "I don't want to believe it, Niall." He handed back the datapad. "But in my mind this picture doesn't match her story."

"I mean, would the Luth you know be sneaking out of the Major's room, if she had been talking about his daughter with him? Or would she linger in the doorway, talking with him until she felt he was alright?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:18 am

"Yes. I suppose." Niall said with a sigh. "I admit, it didn't sound good. But if she hasn't been in contact with him..." He sighed again. "I can still see how it would provide leverage on her, regardless."

Hearing Z go on, Niall put his face in his hands, rubbing for a few moments. "I don't know, Z... I mean, I'll follow up on her whereabouts. But I don't know. There's other explanations for why she would be leaving the room like that. I'll check on everything you suggested, but..."

He shook his head. "She's been talking about the future, lately. About retiring. Getting a pool." He smiled, but it faded a moment later. "It doesn't seem right."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:38 am

"I'm not sure there are many reasons for her to leave that room like that Niall. Not when the man was a suspected Mole that ended up dead." He lifted his hat from his head. "How about this, you look through the vids, see when the Major entered his room that day if you can... There is likely a record of when he got off duty, that should narrow it down. If he went to his room and left his door open, or opened it any time after he got there, that's all we really need to know. If it's closed though... I can't imagine a man drinking that much because his daughter wouldn't answer his calls to just crack his door open, especially if he just got off the phone."

He reached out a hand, and pat Niall on the shoulder. "So she and Arali are looking at gettign a place? Maybe somewhere on Coruscant?" It probably wasn't the best time to push Niall any further.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:45 am

Niall ran a hand through his hair. "I'll see what I can find." He said, grimacing.

Ah, well, that was an awkward question. Niall shifted, his arms crossing in front of his chest once more. "Actually, she didn't mention Arali." He cleared his throat. "I'm not sure if it's relevant, but she did kiss me, the day before Jizz Night. I... stopped her of course." Niall's face reddened, just a little bit. "We moved past it, though. Still..." He shrugged uncertainly. "Perhaps things aren't going well between her and Arali."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:15 am

"Maybe..." He offered with a small frown. "I suppose we could always ask the plum though." He looked at Niall. "She tried to kiss you though?" That was more then a little surprising. "That, really doesn't sit well with me."

"Not the whole her trying to kiss you thing, more... The not doing well with Arali. When I last talked to Luth she was all that was on her mind. I can't see Arali doing anything to hurt her, so I'm wondering what might of changed?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:26 am

Niall shrugged again. "I'm not sure. I haven't spoken to Arali. I've seen her once or twice; I think she was at a staff meeting. But nothing besides that."

He pursed his lips. "Luth and I have a strange sort of connection. Did I ever tell you that she's the one who shot me?" His hand came up to touch the scar on his chest. She visited me on Alderaan last summer. I... won't deny that the attraction is mutual." Niall's chin tilted upwards. "Perhaps if fate turned out differently for one of us."

He sighed. "But I don't know how relevant this is. Perhaps it isn't."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:47 am

"Of course it's relevant, Niall." Zane lifted his glass to his lips and took a sip. "It clouds your judgement." He looked the man over for a moment, hesitating a moment before finally speaking. "Can you look at me and tell if you think Luth is capable of clod blooded murder?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:40 am

Niall grimaced. "I meant relevant to her. I know my judgement is questionable, here." His lips quirked. "That's why I came to you."

The question made Niall hesitate a moment. "Well, she shot me."

Okay, perhaps not the time for a joke. Niall sighed. "I know she's done some bad things in the past. Killed people. And I think she would again, for the right reasons. If someone order her to. Or a friend." He shook his head. "It wasn't an official SIS op, that's certain. I'm checking to see if it might be an unofficial one."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:53 am

Zane wasn't quite sure what he felt about that, but nevertheless he nodded, a smile making it's way into his lips. "Thanks, Niall. That means a lot to me."

"Only a little." Zane quipped in response.

"Not just killing people, she's murdered people, Niall. She had her orders I know, but shooting a unarmed man in his hotel room, isn't just killing. Its different." Zane was well aware of that. "If it's off the book, Claire would know about it... But I dont think that's the case."

"This doesn't smell like Claire to me." He let a slow breath out. "Whatever the case though we've confirmed that Luth is capable of it, given the right reasons."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 am

"Only a little?" Niall echoed, one eyebrow going up. "Zane, my heart stopped for two minutes."

Niall grimaced, his arms tightening across his chest. "Yes, for the right reasons." He sighed. "Yes, please check with Claire. See if someone's running something off the books."

He sighed. "If I wasn't headed to a meeting after this, I'd take that drink. But..."
Niall Organa

Next
Forum Statistics