Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: Here We Go Again (Day 1 MM)

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:24 am

"I have to admit I've never tried it." He ran a hand through his curls, "but I haven't been sleeping well, maybe it's time I picked it up." He adjusted his spectacles, "you never mentioned you were a pilot," Cole shook his head, impressed.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:36 am

"I can teach you. It helps."

Ashla runs her hand of the controls. "My dad taught me. He was an expert pilot. There is nothing he couldn't fly. He often took jobs as a pilot to get to another place or another. Cargo. Smuggler. He even did some work as a hired gun. Though he left me on the planet for that one." Ashla sighs. "I had a ship back on Nar Shadaa, but the Order felt that it was best if I didn't take it." She cracks a smile. "To be fair, they were probably right."
Jedi Padawan * Togruta * "Doctor" * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

Equipment: Lightsaber, Physician's Kit, Cursed Sword

Languages: Huttese, Togruti

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:47 am

Shaking his head, "I think there are somethings I just can't be taught." Holding up his hands, "I can locate and remove a thrombosis only millimetres across, but I can't fly a simulator in a straight line." He dropped his hands at his sides, "I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll hire a pilot."
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:09 am

"I meant meditation. But really, sometimes, you just need a proper teacher. I might not be able to make a fighter pilot out of you, but I can teach you enough to know how to get to point A and point B."
Jedi Padawan * Togruta * "Doctor" * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:18 am

"Right, that makes a lot more sense." He sheepishly ran a hand through his curls, embarrassed. "I think I'd like that," he wondered if the technique Ashla used involved going into detail about the nightmares that had been keeping from sleeping.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:23 am

"Do you want to try now? It takes a little bit to get the hang of."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:28 am

Glancing around, he half-shrugged, "sure, this is about as quiet as we can hope for."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:35 am

Ashla lays out a mat for him and sits in her bed. She dims the lights and gives Cole some instruction. He has an active mind. She expects it to be hard for him. Though she will be patient.

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:40 am

Cole wriggled a little, taking his time getting comfortable. He was anxious and tense, and he straightened his shoulders. He breathed in and counted to four, breathed out, but his mind quickly wandered, thinking about the children's drawings Ashla had kept, and the unusual name of vessel.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:45 am

"You're thinking, aren't you? Just breathe. In and out. You're breathing in the air, letting your thoughts out."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:56 am

Cole grunted, and tried again. Inhale, one, two, three, four; exhale, one, two, three, four. Inhale, one, two, I wonder how many other familiar faces I'll bump into. Oh, I'm thinking again. Breathe, air, air, air, thinking about air; air, air, airy air. I don't think this is working. His mouth twisted wryly.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:34 am

Ashla gave a warm smile when while Cole was trying to meditate. Of course, she stops when she speaks to him. "You can stop now. You did good for your first time. It's not as simple as it seems. I remember thinking 'sit and think of nothing, this will be stupid easy'. And that's why Master Zyl and me never speak of my first attempt of meditation. Sometimes, exercise can help. But really, like anything, it just takes practice. Don't worry if you couldn't do it today. Just keep at it."

She gives him a caring look. "Trust me. It helps with stress and negative emotions in general."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:40 am

The corner of Cole's mouth turned up in a lopsided smile. "I'm sure you know how stressful our work can be. I'll keep trying, maybe it will help me get back to sleep, if nothing else."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:43 am

"Talking helps too. You can always talk to me." Ashla chuckles. "You know I'm not squeemish."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:51 am

Ashla had matured a lot, but he wasn't quite ready to expose his weaknesses for her examination. "I'll keep it in mind. Fortunately, squeamishness isn't the problem."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:57 am

Ashla inclines her head. "I understand. You..." Cole wasn't the only one who didn't like to expose his weakness. "You helped me back in Nar Shadaa. I want to help you if I can. That's what friends are for."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:05 am

Smiling wistfully, "I think you helped me just as much back then." He ran a hand through his curls, remembering the idealistic and far too straight-laced boy scout of two years ago. Meeting Ashla and Shalsha had been quite the wake-up call.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:08 am

Ashla shrugs not quite sure how she helped him, but she decides not the press the point. She was pretty self-centered back then. "Like I said, it's what friends are for. I'm sure I'll need your help again in the future."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:10 am

"My comm is always open, just call," he offered. "I'm thinking of taking a leave of absence after this," he half-shrugged.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:16 am

"Oh. Do you have any plans? Or just looking for time off?"

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:28 am

"I want to try doing my thing for a little while, instead of the Navy's thing. Head back to the Outer Rim as a travelling medic, that sort of deal. See if I can get by without the safety of the Navy's leash and all the benefits that come with that."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 am

"Hmm... I have made contacts with various doctors and medical hobbyists throughout the galaxy. I can help you find areas that need help."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:12 am

"Okay, I get it, you want to help. Let's worry about Bankor first. I was hoping to head into the city today, see if I can help the wounded there, but with this rain," he shook his head. "I'll go tomorrow, whether the rain stops or not."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:17 am

"Actually, it would be a two way street. Few are medically certified doctors. I figure they could learn from you as they help you find the spots you want to go."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:30 am

Cole rubbed the back of his neck thoughtfully, "huh, yeah, I could definitely do that." Teaching had been included Cole's navy training as a surgeon, so he had some experience there. "The navy can probably hook me up with an accreditation as a medical tutor, let me sign off on training that they do with me to help them get certified and licensed."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics