Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Day 2 LM: Cracked shell

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:45 am

Baesal stood before the Turtle, or rather what remainded of it.

''What a mess'' she said to herself while lowering her scanner goggles

''But I'll get a crack at it''

She did not have much time but she could appraise and do some work before the water works.

The togruta began to control her breathing, slowing it down to attune herself to the flow of the Unifying Force, her eyes shining softly, and soon wisps of a silvery energy began to flow from her and into the metal husk that laid broken in the hangar. For a moment she could see parts of the ship's life past and future, pieces of both the hardships the crew suffered together and triumphs yet to be shared. Her sight delved deeper, into the very fabric of the metal bones of the downed animal.

She walked forward. The twisted metal unfurling before her, already healing itself with the help of the Force and then with the quick work of her hands.

''It'll take time, but you are not over yet''

Repairing the Turtle, day2 LM, assist from r-5m, bench, Manipulate: 2eA+2eP+5eD+1eB+2eF (1+1) 2 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph, 4 Light Side 1 light side to negate threat with an advantage and 3 for extra successes/advantages depending on what they do

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Solid repairs for +2 wounds
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Re: Day 2 LM: Cracked shell

Postby Chief Po'xin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:49 am

The togruta does some work, sure the frame is still mangled but she is able to actually get it powered on. Yeah there is a lot of work to do but by the time she is done the Turtle can purr, well it’s more like a long belatedly moan on death’s door but she isn’t confined to her dwindling emergency power.

You can turn on lights. One door slides half a meter before it jams on the bent frame, a lift turns on but goes nowhere due to well a bent track. In short she brought it back from death… but like it still looks like death, but now in critical condition and improving.

Chief claps proudly, “Well master Jedi, you can work with my team any time.”

OOC: Thanks to Baesal it will cost three Duty instead of five to have the Turtle fixed by the start of next session.
Republic | Mechanic | Gruff | Venerable | Senior NCO | Besalisk

Played by Dapper Dog
Chief Po'xin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:53 am

''Glad to hear it chief'' she smiled as she came back out.

''I will try to get another go at it after all the water work is done in the camp''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:54 am

“Whoa that was a ship, I have been using it for excess scrap… oops,” a technician said said after seeing Baesal work her literal space magic on it.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:59 am

Baesal glanced at the wandering technician with a knowing smile

''Yup, it was a ship...please don't use it for scraps any further''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:54 am

"Seems like an easy mistake." Galen said as he walked up. "It's a remarkable ship, though, to make it down as well as it did."
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 am

''I suppose that making the trip down without desintegrating in the atmosphere is indeed quite a feat''

She turned to the newcomer and seemed to partially recognize him from somewhere

''I have seen you before, no?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:05 am

"We met briefly on Nar Shadda." he nodded. "Galen Sol."
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:33 pm

''Good to see you here Galen'' she eyed the Turtle for a few moments before taking a few notes

''I though you were going to join the Jedi, have you made it yet?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:59 pm

"I have no interest in joining." he shook his head. "But, I've been studying under Master Lyshea Mersl. She's been trying to change my mind."
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:05 pm

At that name, she tried not to roll her eyes

"I see, at least you study the Jedi path nonetheless"
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:06 pm

"There's a lot to learn from it." he nodded. "But, I think there's much to learn outside of it as well. My understanding of the Force is still limited, but most of it was earned through personal experience. That's made me interested in how the many beliefs and philosophies of the Force came to be and what might be learned from them."
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:13 pm

"I do not think the Force can be understood in it's entirety" she replied looking at the ship

"Many have interesting views from which the Jedi Order as learned from over the years. It is always good to revisit them from time to time...a pity you are not interested in joining the order. Why is that?"
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:39 pm

"To be honest, I question some aspects of the Jedi Code. As it is now, at least." he explained. "It suggests absolutes. Even if that's only a guideline or an ideal, it doesn't feel appropriate to me. The spirit of the code does reflect my personal views, however, so I'm not really opposed to it, especially what I've learned of its variations."

He shrugged. "I also have a strong inclination to being independent. Taking a job or a temporary contract is one thing, but devoting myself to a specific organization is not something I care to do. As much as I do respect the Jedi Order."
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:56 pm

Baesal just shrugged

''If so you say...but if that is your view then Master Mersl might have skipped the essentials''

Not like she'd ever take shortcuts...noooooooo, neeeeeeeveeeeeeeeer
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:02 pm

"And, what would those be?" he asked.
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:10 pm

''The Code is a mantra, not something to be followed litterally. It is far less suggestive of absolutes when you get to know the purpose of each line.''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:15 pm

"Oh, I understand that. As I said, I appreciate the essence of the code." he nodded. "But, why change it from what it once was to its current form, if not to encourage rejecting one thing for another, rather than learning how to balance both?"
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:27 pm

''From what I know it was because it was deemed to be poorly understood. Instead of learning the meaning behind it many would just teach or be thought the code itself.''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:21 am

"All life struggles to adapt and find balance within it's environment. That requires accepting certain things, seeking others and adjusting as the environment changes. That makes sense." he explained. "I believe that understanding is at the heart of the Jedi code, but I don't think it's clear to many. I'm sure there are some who would disagree and it isn't my code to define, regardless."

"Changing the code seems like an evolution in itself, perhaps due to the needs of the Jedi as an order rather than the individual." he added. "It is easier to promote a specific ideal within a large group and there is obvious risk in trusting individuals to find their own way. I can understand that. It clearly works for the order. I really have no issues with the Jedi or there teachings. I just do not feel it is an appropriate path for me."

"Of course, that too can change." he shrugged.
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:34 am

''Then I can only hope you find it.'' was what she could only reply
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:48 am

"I'll admit, the Jedi seem like the best option at the moment. Though, I wish they had picked a different title for the Masters."
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:01 am

''What? Why?''

Now that is picky
Baesal Zyn

Postby Galen Sol » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:16 am

"The word has a different meaning for me." he answered. "My master was the man who used me as bait when he hunted. I respect Lyshea's title, but I find it difficult to say at times."
Galen Sol

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:20 am

Baesal was dumfounded

''What?''
Baesal Zyn

Next
Forum Statistics