Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

[Day 2 Mid Night - The Midnight] Thoughts & Impressions

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:00 am

Jax sat on board the Midnight in just his casual pants and boots. He sat in the common area of the ship watching some news station covering Bankor seeing how this is being reported to the mass, he had a glass in one hand filled halfway with an amber liquid, he sat and he drank and he thought about what he had seen and heard so far. They had done some good work today building ties with the community first with the water purifier and then with the fishing both would go to repair some of the damage the hutt did along with those mandos. Jax still hadn't found time to meet with Faya and should probably do so tomorrow else she might get testy he was taking so long but he had spent time getting to know these people and he wasn't sure he could go through with depriving them of resources, seeing the destruction and despair they deal with everyday he didn't know if he could take from them, these people needed every bit of aid they could get.

On the other hand Faya had helped him get past his troubles awhile back at least enough for him to move on, he owed her for that and besides the pay off for this job would be sizeable and Azura was right it would give them some cushion so they wouldn't have to work for a bit and could take some time off. suddenly his right arm jerked and spasmed almost spilling his drink, Jax sighed and set the glass down. He then reached up and peeled away the synth skin that covered his mechanical arm and went to find some tools. returning to the couch a minute later he began to do some routine maintenance he had picked up over the past couple years. He's had the thing long enough he can usually deal with small kinks but occasionally needed help with more severe problems. So he sat there for awhile and just worked on his arm.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Re: [Day 2 Mid Night - The Midnight] Thoughts & Impressions

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 am

There was a yawn as Azura enters the room, half-asleep but not able to get to sleep. She had a glass of something in her hand; alcohol by the smell, which she was sipping.

"Ain't it past your bedtime?" She commented, leaning against the doorframe. She was clearly dressed for sleep in her long t-shirt and shorts.
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:11 am

as she walked in she'd see the man tinkering with his mechanical arm and the rather unfortunate scarring that had built up around the joining between metal and flesh an area where the cybernetics weaved in and out of the skin. It wasn't something she would have seen often as Jax rarely pulled off the synth skin cover around others. satisfied he set the tools down and flexed his fingers one by one, he then covered the arm and scars back up and looked over his shoulder "Oh hey AZ didn't think you'd still be up." he said as the synth skin molded back onto him leaving virtually no seam. "can't really sleep so I'm just thinkin." he said taking a sip from his glass eyeing her slightly from the corner of his eye.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 am

"You get hit?" Azura asked with a touch of concern in her voice as she moved to sit with him "you don't normally tinker with your arm, so I can only assume thar something happened."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:19 am

"ah just took a stray bolt to the shoulder while I was driving near the coastline I'm fine just jarred some wires out of place should be all good now, nothing to worry about." he noted the concern in her voice and smirked a little, she liked to act like big badass with a stone for a heart but deep down she was a caring person. "How was your day? I didn't see you much after the work all afternoon, well except for a bit at that funeral."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:22 am

"And you owe me drinks for that! Seriously, digging holes all afternoon, ugh" Azura rolled her eyes "didn't do much. Wandered around a bit, checked out a few things while you apparently decided to take a scenic drive around a warzone."

She made a small 'hmph' sound before adding "without me. What girl were you trying to impress? Was it the Tourga?"
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:25 am

Jaz grinned at her "oooo is someone jealous?" he asked teasingly "No Baes was not there and nor was any other woman until I found a group on the beach there was some dark skinned jedi there who I saw at the worksite. I went to clear my head initially, trying to wrap my head around this job we have. I messed up and talked to the locals now I kinda feel for em. Doesn't feel right to take supplies away from them."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 am

"Jealous? Hmph! No way!" Azura crossed her arms, glowering at him "I just don't want to have to put up with the noise you two would make! It would be ugh, gross."

Then he went sentimental for the locals, and she frowned more.

"I knew this would happen. They owe me anyway, I mean I lost hours of my life digging holes for them! Think of the money Jax, that could set us up for a long long time."
Azura Mora

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:08 pm

There is an incoming secure communication marked for Jax, source encrypted.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:04 pm

hm interesting. He thought as he turned to Azura, "this might be the woman we are working for, best behavior alright?" He said right before he clicked on the coms "hello?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:06 pm

Azura didn't get a chance to protest, so she just went quiet and looked at the comms.
Azura Mora

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Just a woman's voice came through, “You made a decision yet, Jax. I am going to need your unique services tomorrow night.”

Jax knew it was his friend.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:43 pm

"Tomorrow night? that's a bit sooner then I expected. I still need details Faya, How much my exact payment is, where its going, who knows about it, I mean how far off the books is this are you just going rogue? I assume if I get caught you've never heard of this shipment."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:54 pm

“One, you’re going to have to trust me… and two right now it will be six thousand credits for this run. You will make a discrete run to a buyer off planet… I am getting the location tomorrow afternoon. No one is going rogue, as far as you will be concerned it will be above board. As long as you stick-to-the-plan,” she responded.

“I have it marked as a supply run to the Valiant Star, not unusual might raise a few brows but no one will question it. If you get caught, then you’re not as good as I thought you were.”

She continued, “I will have the goods delivered to your ship, they are marked as enemy contraband. You will be given a manifest by me, you head to the destination and when you get there you wait for the contact. It’s a smuggler, so you will be in good company, the ship is the Infinite Destiny. Tell them you have a gift from the Clever Man, that is the phrase they will need before they land. Offload the goods and return home. Simple and clean, don’t worry about the Valiant Star, I can handle that.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Only six?!

Azura clenched her fists, but bit back from saying anything.
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:45 am

Jax paused and thought "so when you said a job you meant a string of jobs that or you're giving me much lower numbers than you initially did." His eyes tightened and his fists balled but his voice stayed light and pleasant. He didn't need to moderate his physical responses since it was just audio. "How many of these jobs are there? I trust you Faya but you know I don't go off half cocked anymore. Not since what happened last time."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 am

“Do you want to be gainfully employed for awhile or one score and move out. The folks I am working with value consistency and reliability. Get in good with them, and you will have steady work, and more importantly wealth. The job encompasses more than one task; I gave you a range because it’s going to be up to you to deliver. I am giving you first crack out of friendship,” she responded.

“If you have better alternatives then say so, I am not going to string you out to dry, I got this planned but my partner plays things close to their vest, but they haven’t steered me wrong yet. Next job could be more, it won’t be less,” she finished.

“So you in or out?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:38 am

Jax paused for a while and looked to azura, he put a finger on his lips so she wouldn't say anything but he quirked an eyebrow in a question he wanted to know what she thought.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:13 am

Azura was fuming. She just about had the decency not to smash the comms into pieces (luckily for Jax) but she was clearly angry at the sudden change.

She did mouth 'it is decent money' though
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:22 am

Jax rubbed the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes, the silence stretched on for a second. "yeah I guess we'll give this job a shot, I'll see how I feel about it and we can continue on if I like the vibe i'm getting from your people. I wanna bump that number up to 7,000 though I need some extra creds to help me sleep at night." he was actually angling for 6,500 but with negotiations you always start higher than you really want, gives the other party room to maneuver down and feel like they are in control.

Negotiation roll (unsure of difficulty):negotiation roll for more credits: 2eA+1eP 3 successes, 2 advantage
ImageImageImage

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:31 am

“We all got expenses Jax, 6000 is more than enough to get started and you won’t even be covering fuel since it will be official business. If that is too little for you, then so be it, but that is where we start,” she responded calmly.

OOC: Total wash, so fail.

Difficulty + Destiny Flip: 1eC+2eD 3 failures, 2 threat
ImageImageImage
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 am

"ah come on Faya, no counter offer? no wiggle room? sigh these aren't fun negotiations at all but alright I'll do this job for 6,000." it sounded like a simple enough job, maybe half a days worth of work the only wrinkle being that if anything went sideways they would have a republic fleet on their ass. Jax really hoped it wouldn't come to that, he actually liked a few of these guys. "when is this going down?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 am

“I will be ready to go by [Late Evening] at the hangar, should have you back here in your beds by [Mid Night]. I know I can rely on you, and I know it’s sudden but the creds will flow. I will see you tomorrow,” she finished and the call ended.
Dapper Dog

Postby Azura Mora » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:49 am

Azura just sat there. Quietly. Not saying a word.

Which was normally pretty close to worst case scenario.
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:06 pm

"Well it's not exactly what we had planned but it still seems like a pretty good deal for us less than half a days work for 6000 credits isn't terrible."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Next
Forum Statistics