Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

[Day 2 Early Evening] Star Gazing

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Jax sat on some crates outside of the hangar he was in his dress clothes a black shirt and pants and a well made cloak settled on his shoulders. He had heard about the funeral for the resistance fighters that had been killed. He sat and looked up at the stars sipping a bit from his old flask he hadn't carried it for a while but he had started again while he was here.
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Re: [Day 2 Early Evening]

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:32 pm

Sabine entered the hangars, moving to the mechanical area, carrying her armor. She wanted to fine tune the damn thing, it was seriously sensitive. Still, it was hers. Noticing Jax, she waved at him.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [Day 2 Early Evening] Star Gazing

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:38 pm

Jax caught the movement in the corner of his eye and looked to the soldier smiling at her and waving back "How's the night treating you Sargent? Here to do some mechanical work?" he asked nodding to the heap of armor.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Sabine turned towards the man. "Just a small check up really. It works well, but always a minor kink." She smiled. "You? Hiding from someone?" Her voice was full of good humor.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:03 pm

He chuckled and took a sip from his flask "nah no hiding from me, just thinking ya know? How crazy the galaxy is how big and expansive the stars are." He chuckles again "I don't know just thinking."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:04 pm

"Oh?" he moved closer and put the armor down as she sat down next to him. "What is it?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:05 pm

He set the flask down between them and nodded to it "feel free it's good stuff." He said simply as he looked to the sky "I don't know, this is just not a situation I ever saw myself in back on a battlefield fighting a war." He shook his head "life is just insane sometimes, I don't always get it."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:13 pm

"You're insane if you think life makes sense." She stated firmly, then took a swing. "The battlefield getting to you?" she asked idly.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:26 am

He smiled a bit "Probably more than I want to admit, I know it doesn't make any sense but I mean doesn't stop me from wondering if there is a rhyme or reason to any of this. I don't know I'm not about to freak out or anything but I just see the destruction and I just don't get it. Ive seen war before but I'm not usually this close to it."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am

Jax Dolross wrote:He smiled a bit "Probably more than I want to admit, I know it doesn't make any sense but I mean doesn't stop me from wondering if there is a rhyme or reason to any of this. I don't know I'm not about to freak out or anything but I just see the destruction and I just don't get it. Ive seen war before but I'm not usually this close to it."

Sabine listened and nodded. "The Force provides, I am told." She said with a playful smile. "Don't worry though. That marks you as not insane. I'm used to this, or something like this. Been on battlefields since I could walk, so not much new. That just makes me the crazy one though, that this seems normal to me." She shrugged. "Nothing wrong with finding this all wrong."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Jax let out a small chuckle "Not you too i thought just one of the cute girls here might not be a jedi or a force whatever." He said with an easy smile.

Jax raised an eyebrow at that last comment "wow, how'd that happen? Mercenary parents or something? How's a kid find their way to a battlefield?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:36 pm

"Mercenary parent, singular. Never knew mom. Dad was a Mando exile. We were all over the galaxy, mainly around Republic territory, sometimes out, sometimes in. Never really attended school as such." She shrugged. "I did learn how to assemble a blaster rifle when I was 7 though."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:54 pm

Jax let out a whistle "sounds rough, but seems to me you turned out alright probably what made you the warrior you are today." He paused a bit "you ever think about doing anything else? Or think about what you're gonna do when you're done with the military."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Sabine shrugged. "Thanks... let's hope I'll be able to help." her gaze seemed to turn far away, not seeing the immediate surroundings. "I honestly don't know.... battle is all I've known my whole life. Sometimes, it feels like my place. Other times it feels like.... I would rather do anything else. Even moisture farming. At the same time.... I don't want my skills to go to waste. I feel I can help this way."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:08 pm

Jax put a hand on her shoulder and gave the woman a small smile "I understand that, it's noble to lay down your life in defense of what you believe. Just don't let this become all you are, I've seen it too many times the outcome for long term military is bleak. You're a good person. Don't lose that."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:23 am

Jax Dolross wrote:Jax put a hand on her shoulder and gave the woman a small smile "I understand that, it's noble to lay down your life in defense of what you believe. Just don't let this become all you are, I've seen it too many times the outcome for long term military is bleak. You're a good person. Don't lose that."

Sabine smiled, then glanced down at his hand. "Don't worry... I don't intend to die. If it comes to it, I'll lay down my life as long as I can make something good happen, but I'm too young to be tired of this old bod yet." She smirked with confidence. "And thanks..." Though it did feel strange a bit. "Regretted your choice to come here yet?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:17 pm

He smirked at the woman "There's nothing old about that 'bod' Sabine" he said with a small chuckle. He took a sip of the flask and shook his head "no not quite yet, but i also haven't seen any real combat except for that business with the blockade. so far any misgivings I had about coming have been off set by meeting interesting new people and doing some good for these folks on Bankor."

He then leaned back on his arms and looked up again "So what's your story Sergeant Sabine? How did you get where you are today?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Jax Dolross wrote:He smirked at the woman "There's nothing old about that 'bod' Sabine" he said with a small chuckle. He took a sip of the flask and shook his head "no not quite yet, but i also haven't seen any real combat except for that business with the blockade. so far any misgivings I had about coming have been off set by meeting interesting new people and doing some good for these folks on Bankor."

He then leaned back on his arms and looked up again "So what's your story Sergeant Sabine? How did you get where you are today?"

"How suave Captain Dolross." She smirked. "Lots of interesting people, definitely. I an concur. As for me?"

She leaned back, and looked at him. "That one's a long and short story. Was raised on battlefields and in strip clubs. Trained as a mercenary. Got tired of fighting only for money, wanted something more. Joined the Republic. Now I'm here."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:24 pm

Jax chuckled "I won't say its the first time I've ever been accused of being suave, though it isn't always my intention."

Jax looked back at Sabine as she talked drinking in those deep blue eyes he frowned a bit as he listened to her talk "intriguing, maybe some day when we have more time you can come by and give me the long version." he thought for a moment "Strip clubs huh? I guess that solves the mystery of your obsession with stripper names." he said his voice teasing.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:26 pm

"The galaxy is big. Full of strip clubs. Every name is a stripper name. Yes, even Eugene. He was quite nice actually. Babysat me while dad was off drinking." She let out a small laugh, either unwilling or unable to acknowledge the horror of her childhood.

"Sometimes, perhaps." She shrugged. "Don't like talking too much about it. Want to look towards the future, not the past."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Jax laughed a little too though he couldn't empathize very well his own upbringing was actually on the posh side growing up in a middle class family "Well we don't have to talk about that, we can talk about anything you like. I just think you're one of those interesting people I've met, I always like hearing exciting stories and just making connections with people. The future is a good thing to look towards, there's a lot of hope there."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:47 pm

"After Eugene there was.... Saturnine?" She said tentatively. "She was a bitch, and she scammed us for our money. Dad didn't allow me to hunt her down though." Her face grew wistful. "Perhaps for the best. Anything in your future you're looking forward to in particular?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 pm

"yeah probably for the best, usually those kinds of revenge quests don't end too well. Can end up losing more than was stolen." he said a little far away for a moment his upbringing may have been easy but his early years as a getaway driver had been considerably more rough.

"Nothing in particular, finding that golden goose job that lets me retire, maybe set up a legitimate business back home near my parents though they aren't super happy with me still over joining the military and that was damn near 13 years ago."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 am

Jax Dolross wrote:"yeah probably for the best, usually those kinds of revenge quests don't end too well. Can end up losing more than was stolen." he said a little far away for a moment his upbringing may have been easy but his early years as a getaway driver had been considerably more rough.

"Nothing in particular, finding that golden goose job that lets me retire, maybe set up a legitimate business back home near my parents though they aren't super happy with me still over joining the military and that was damn near 13 years ago."

"Oh, speaking from experience?" She nodded and listened. "Golde goose, eh? Found something useful? And I can empathize with the parents."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:22 pm

He nodded "I've been through....a lot since leaving the navy, some good, some bad, most interesting in one way or another." He had a little smirk on his lips as he spoke.

"As for the golden goose, not yet and it probably never will happen. Every smuggler is Looking for that one job that sets you up for life. Hardly anyone finds it, but we all keep looking. I'll more than likely keep going until I'm tired of the life and move on."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Next
Forum Statistics