Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Day 3 MM: Tools of the trade

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:11 pm

Baesal was sitting in her truck, door wide open. To those passing by could see her shifting through various scraps to find the materials needed for her next work.

''This? Maybe...This? No...MMmmh''

Once she thought to have what was needed she started her tool box and her bench

''Lets go R-5''

Crafting precision tools MM d3, assist, bench, Tool box for 1\2 time base time 8 hours: 2eA+2eP+3eD+1eB+2eF 1 failure, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side Light side used as successes. Total: 2 successes - Time reduced to 6 hours
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The materials were not excellent but she would manage
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Re: Day 3 MM: Tools of the trade

Postby Rekara » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:22 am

The Hangar was mostly lonely. The Mon Cal was looking around, to the many ships and vessels, for land and universe travel. In her planet non of them were common, although her people were starting to catch up thanks to their privileged intellect.

"Bubupiuuuuu" Rekara turned around and saw the source of sound, it was an R-5 Unit. "An R5" She said as she bent over to evaluate it, although it was slightly lower than her, "such a strange selection of companion. Did you chose it because of the price?"
Rekara: Force Sensitive | Mon Calamari| Jedi | Healer | Compassionate | Short

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara at your service. Welcome to a day in the life of a Jedi.
Rekara

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:36 pm

''Hhmmmm?'' was the reply, raising her head from her work

''Oh! No...that is not my R-5, this one is'' she pointed to the protocal droid next to her

''Greetings. I am R5-T8 assistant and caretaker of mistress Zyn's tomb''
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:31 pm

"tomb? Why would you say this? You are a very strange assistant R5-T8." She gazed at the unit, "I have not heard of this type of droid, is it some sort of CP unit?"

Equip: Lightsaber, Holdout Blaster, Armored Robes, Physician's Kit, Comlink, Synthetic Anesthetic, Stimpacks, Backpack

Rekara

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:40 pm

"He was a protocol droid tasked with the maintenance of the tomb of a Sith Lord on Korriban. It took some time to repair it since he predates the great hyperspace war"

She pats R-5

"But it was worth it"
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 pm

"Wow!!" Rekara was surprised, highly surprised. Her gaze shifted to an interested one as she looked to the droid in a different manner. "I did not expect that." She turned around the droid looking and evaluating. Could this being be dangerous to a jedi? She wondered to herself. Did visiting a sith lord tomb change Baesal in any way?

"His records must be interesting" She was able to say finally, as the intellectual mind took over her, "such details of a time before us, and of a cult that differs so greatly from us. And yet you went inside... it must have been a strong test to your will, from what I know of these tombs."

Rekara

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 pm

''Oh no'' she corrected ''I did not go in, a friend did and brought R5 out. I kept it after we exchanged favors.''

She tilted her head

''But Korriban was something all right''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:30 am

"And what is it that brings you to the hangar?" She asked changing the strange topic of the planet of the sith. She looked to the working space that she had been going through before she arrived. "Is there anything I could assist you with? "

Rekara

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:34 am

''Thank you but I do not think so...I am merely crafting a new set of tools'' she pointed to the scraps on the bench

''I can do without but you never know when you need a boost''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:07 pm

"New set of tools... you mean to say you are improving your set of tools?" She asked, and as she did so, she thought of the possibility of improving her own medical equipment, although the medical station already had the state of the art equipment required. "I understand you are one of technical and mechanical knowledge then."I know of the science behind it, but have never been one to practice applying it. I find it interesting , like your droid, like the spaceships and all that surrounds us."

Rekara

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:05 pm

"Technology and science is sadly often looked by some of our order but we still need it. I often find they can succeed where our use of the Force cannot"
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Science and tradition... the jedi order... The knights did seem to be obsessed with tradition forgetting the every day advances, at least most, but not in her case. "As a medic, I understand what you mean. The Force is powerful, and we may be able to heal through it, but it cannot do more than accelerate the natural healing power of oneself, and this healing cannot include restoring organs, or replacing parts of body. Science and technology are part of us, and are additional equipment that we need to understand and use to continue our duty. We would not be able to reach our destination without astronavegation, or bring resources and food without science. I'm a scientist and a jedi, they are not exclusive."

Rekara

Postby Baesal Zyn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:07 pm

''So am I'' she replied, glad to see another science minded Jedi

''I always held that we should not overly rely on the Force, that we should master our craft first and foremost''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:42 am

"I believe that we are more than just mere users of the Force. We are not tools of the Force, we are the means of the philosophy of the light. We are to participate and be part of the world."

Rekara

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:59 am

Baesal nodded vigorously

''I know, right!'' that might have been more energetic then needed

''I think empathy benefits greatly from experience''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:47 pm

"I have much to learn in this. Since I left my planet I have seen so many species, cultures... different ways and different cultures. The ways of ones and others are so different that sometimes I'm not even sure how to treat people around me. Experience is the way that I try to improve this, and treating people as a doctor and as a healer is a way to practice." Now she was drifting away from the main topic, to her worries of being able to treat people properly, specially when she would have to give them good and bad news. Her slowly saddened face lightened up slightly as she drifted her dark thoughts away. "Most of my work depends on the efficiency of my equipment. The power of the Force can only do so much to heal a body, but it won't diagnose diseases, or find the source to prevent them. That's where technology proves to be best."

Rekara

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:42 pm

''That could be arranged'' she said

''I could make those equipment for you but it'll take time and enough to cover the base cost''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:37 am

"I have with me some pretty good equipment, I thank you for your offer, but I wouldn't like to be demanding upon you, Baesal Zyn. My equipment is good, as it can be, and my knowledge is enough to understand how to use them." The Mon Cal brought out the medKit from her bag and showed the Togruta. It was a very well developed equipment, counting even with anesthetic siringes in case they were needed, and emergency stimpacks.

Rekara

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:20 pm

''True...but precision tools of a table to work on your patients could be far more useful''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Rekara » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 pm

"I wish not to bother you upgrading my equipment, Baesal." Of course new and improved equipment could be good, but that would take the time of the padawan from other things, something that Rekara did not wish to do, specially since so much needed to be done in Bankor.

Rekara

Forum Statistics