Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Day 3 EA: At least I did not botch the job

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:30 pm

The tools were ready...and she found them lackluster. They were fine, they would do the job but they were not...you know...plus ultra

Maybe she was too demanding? She had her tools after all.

She shrugged and installed them in a small drawer in her bench
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Re: Day 3 EA: At least I did not botch the job

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:50 pm

The boarding ramp to the Sunset Dawn, not far away, was extended, and every once in a while Layne would emerge, take a walk outside, and then return inside again. Sometimes there'd be sounds of metal clanking on metal. Other times it'd just be dead silent. She was hard at work, trying to improve on the combat potential of what was already a near-perfect weapon in her estimation. Nonetheless, luck was on her side, and she managed to alter its properties according to her intent.

When she'd finished, she strolled down the ramp again, flipped the darksaber on again, and went through a short and light training regiment with it, to see if the modification was stable. Needless to say, the unusual nature of the blade might draw some attention; even those who might otherwise look at it and see nothing they haven't seen before.

Modding Darksaber Crystal (+1 vicious): 2eA+2eF+4eD 1 success, 1 threat, 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Darksaber gains the Vicious 1 quality, at a cost of 500 credits worth of components
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:55 pm

The togruta walked out of her truck to stretch when she noticed Layne swinging her saber around

''A little hangar practice?'' she asked from where she was
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:57 pm

The darksaber still hummed at that higher-than-normal frequency, though a particularly keen ear might note a bit more oscillation to it. Very subtle.

"Yo," she said, flipping it off again as Baesal neared. "Just checking to see if I didn't screw up the stability."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:01 am

''Modded your saber?'' she came closer as she replied

''What did you install?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:05 am

"I did some uh..." Layne wasn't good at the technical stuff. Frankly, it was a miracle she'd been succesful at it. "...stuff to the power converter so that the blade uh... you know vibrates a bit more? Yeah."

The more technically inclined Togruta would probably know precisely what Layne was talking about despite the lackluster explanation.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:08 am

''You changed the energy cells? I am not sure what you mean...''

Nope, she did not
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:10 am

"No, you know..." she sighed, and flipped it on again. "See? The blade's like... it hums differently. It think it could cut deeper."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:32 pm

''You altered the crystal?'' she ventured
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm

"Yeah," she nodded, "... that. Pretty cool huh?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:17 pm

''Indeed, good job'' she said honestly

She was thoughtful for a moment, then looked at the truck

''I have something to show you''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:12 pm

She followed Baesals eyes.

"A... truck?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:48 pm

"Ooooh, workbench!" Hacha strolls in, a bag slung over his shoulder. He seems to be dragging it with some effort, but manages to set it down on the bench where Baesal had been working. He rifles through the desk, seemingly carelessly, looking at the tools available. "Ehh, I'll take mine."

Hacha dumps the sack out, revealing a gun that looks far bigger than he should be carrying. There are already some empty sockets, but Hacha sets to work with his tool, muttering to himself the whole time, seemingly oblivious to the waving of the sabers around him.

Modding the Stripped down attachment on his weapon/url]: 3eA+3eP+1eB+3eD 4 successes, 1 Triumph
[url=http://orokos.com/roll/630130]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Weapon Harness now has the Brace talent. Plans for a vehicle scale Golan Arms FC1 Flechette Launcher designed

"Ahhh, now that's the stuff!"
Last edited by Hacha Tsuko on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------
Hacha Tsuko | Tech Modder | Cyberbrain Implant | Flechette Rifle | Turtle's Mechanic
"You got something that needs fixing? No? Haha, that's adorable. Stand back and let me work."
Languages Spoken: Basic, Duro
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:55 pm

Layne Hoshin wrote:She followed Baesals eyes.

"A... truck?"

Baes smiled "No silly, there is... something inside..." She watched in awkward silence when an unknown Duro just moved up to her* bench and work on a gun.

"Errr...maybe later, excuse me for a second"

She was not sure...maybe he thought the bench was for local use? She walked up to...him...yes that was a him

"Ahem"
Baesal Zyn

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Hacha hears a noise behind him, but he is too engrossed in his work to respond immediately. He begins reassembling the body of the frame of this large weapon, threading a harness to wind along his body. Even with that, it looks too heavy for him to reasonably carry.

Finally, he turns around to see a Togruta behind him and offers a smile. "It's a nice weapon isn't it? The last owner didn't need it anymore and I couldn't help myself. Such an interesting design..." Hacha, finished with the machine itself grabs a pad and starts scribbing, seemingly oblivious to the faux pas he has offered. The outlines of the shape appear to be...fairly clean, concise and well drawn schematics. "Using the power cells, not to power a capacitor for a blaster, but those capacitors generating a powerful electromagnetic field to launch Durasteel at intense velocities. Not only that, but to maintain the field over a long enough difference to allow a "cloud" of shrapnel...most armor has moved to laminate for thermal dissipating. Cruel, violent...genius."

Hacha's face seems to glaze over from time to time as he speaks, as if he is busy remembering something. Then, he pops up and finally focuses on the Togruta. "Hello there."
--------------------
Hacha Tsuko | Tech Modder | Cyberbrain Implant | Flechette Rifle | Turtle's Mechanic
"You got something that needs fixing? No? Haha, that's adorable. Stand back and let me work."
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:34 pm

This could be good.

Layne followed along, watching the Duros work on his giant gun; something about which seemed comical to her.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:37 pm

''Yes...a railgun...Hello?''

Who is that guy?

''I am Jedi Padawan Baesal Zyn...and you aaaaaaaarrre?'' the emphasis on the question should be noticed, she hoped
Baesal Zyn

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:25 pm

"Ooo, Jedi. Maybe you can test it out." Hacha goes back to scribbling away. "I'm Hacha, but that's not really important right now. I have to get it out while it's fresh in my head!

The scribbles continue to take shape, looking like a modified version of the weapon on the table, with some changes to what appears to be a hookup of some sort. Jotted numbers begin to surround different sections
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 pm

Called it.

Layne crossed her arms, just watching. Waiting to see how Baesal would react.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:28 pm

Baesal just looked at Layne, wanting to know if she had more of an idea of who that Duro was supposed to be
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:31 pm

Layne looked at her, with an exagerated 'Well don't look at me' expression, totally not helping.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:35 pm

Of course

She tought, almost facepalming

''Hum, Hacha? What are you doing and why are you doing it on my bench?''

A direct approach, perhaps...
Baesal Zyn

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:55 am

"I thought I answered? I am modifying this cannon, and now I am sketching out a design for a new weapon based on it."

Hacha looks back, still seemingly oblivious to any social contract violations.

"And I am at your bench because it was an unoccupied work space. Well, I had a hope that there better tools than my own, but I was sadly mistaken."
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Layne Hoshin » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:02 am

Layne shifted her weight.

"He reminds me of another Duros I know," she said, with slight amusement to her tone.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:32 am

''Rumun perhaps?'' she mused

''But I remember Rumun being...errr...less...more...y'know''
Baesal Zyn

Next
Forum Statistics