Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

[D3 LM] Crawtastic

Postby Craw Toboga » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Craw stood outside the Turtle, looking at it introspectfully. There were scars on it, scars that would stay on it for years to come, memories made in deep gouges of plasteel and metal. But all in all the repairs were coming along wonderfully.
| Neutral/Working for the Republic | Mandalorian! | Human | Currently: Sober |
Carries with: Commlink and stimpacks [When appropriate: Armor, OK-98 Blaster Carbine and a vibromachete]
"I'm trying my best here!"
Craw Toboga

Re: [D3 LM] Crawtastic

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Aran had spent some of the morning asking around the hangar about the Turtle. He found Republic mechanics and Navy crewers were happy to share the war story of breaking the blockade, especially with a young Padawan with a clear interest in ships with fast engines flown around with precision.

"Yeah, it was pretty kriffed up when it came in here," remarked one off-duty fighter pilot. "I thought it was scrap for sure. But I guess their mechanic's better at patching it up than the crew is at keeping it together in the first place." Aran thought that was unfair, but the man was apparently tired of praise being heaped on independent operators tagging along on a military operation. Aran shrugged and circled back to the ship.

Next to the Turtle was a tall man that Aran instantly recognized as Craw, both from the description's he'd sought out and the way he was staring at the freighter. Aran had never been part of a crew before, but he'd seen a tramp captain or two, and that was the way they looked at their livelihood.

He approached slowly, taking time to observe the man and also wishing to be deferential. A Jedi understood the importance of meditation, after all.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Craw Toboga » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Craw was shaken from his reverie and returned to the hustle and bustle of the hangarbay. He turned around and saw the young Jedi.

"Can I help you?" He asked, curious.
Carries with: Commlink and stimpacks [When appropriate: Armor, OK-98 Blaster Carbine and a vibromachete]
Craw Toboga

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Aran ducked his head in an abbreviated bow.

"Captain Tobaga? I am Padawan Aran Enfas. I had hoped meet you. I understand that you and your people gave much to break the blockade." His face, behind his sunshades, turn briefly to the Turtle.
Jedi Order| Miralukan | Monastic in Mirrorshades | A Good Padawan, Who Craves Neither Adventure Nor Excitement | Profile
Equipment: Very little. Right leg cyberleg, walking with a staff made of vibro-axe haft.In combat, stimpacks, no walking staff.
Aran Enfas

Postby Craw Toboga » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:20 pm

Craw nodded smiling. "Yeah. Well. The ship gave the most of it. Us Crew made it out of it with minor injuries, thanks to the skill of our pilot I'd wager." He too looked at the Turtle again, committing the scars to memory.
Craw Toboga

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:26 pm

"I have not met them. They must be very talented." Aran's serene face creased in a small smile. "I have never flown anything more than a landspeeder," he says, and then genuinely, "I greatly admire pilots." He turns to stand with his body and gaze matching Craw's. "I admit that I did not expect so many volunteers from outside the Order and the military. You bear great risk for a cause not your own."
Aran Enfas

Postby Craw Toboga » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Craw shrugged. "Well hell. I ain't a volunteer, I'm a merc." He paused. "Truth be told I don't believe in the republic at all, except maybe their capacity to pay their bills. I've been told they're better about that than the empire." He grinned.
Craw Toboga

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Aran cocked his head. "Mercenaries still choose their causes... although in this case, I will take you at your word as to why." He smiled faintly back at Craw's grin. "I am curious -- have done more than heard anything of the Empire? I am still merely a Padawan, and during the late war I did not see a single Sith, except on the holocasts." His voice is neutral, not wistful, but it's not hard to imagine why a teenage boy might be curious about the legendary foes that made peace before he was old enough to fight them.
Aran Enfas

Postby Craw Toboga » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:45 pm

Craw laughed. "I've worked for damn near everyone in my time. I seen sith and jedi, I've wrestled with an acklay, but if there's one thing I am sure of it's this... If it moves, enough blaster fire'll bring it down." He nodded sagely.
Craw Toboga

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Aran nodded along with Craw. "The Masters would call that a sound axiom." That was a half truth -- they'd hardly contest it, but they were much more concerned with ought than is. Still, Aran found that he was being charmed by Craw's apparently uncomplicated focus on the latter despite himself. "... an acklay?" he said, temporarily diverted.
Aran Enfas

Postby Craw Toboga » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Craw nodded. "Yeah, fucker came outta nowhere and boom dragged me underwater. Strong sonovabitch but didn't manage anything but knocking me out. So at the end I'd say it's a draw, since neither of us bit it." He paused. "Still, makes for a fun anecdote."
Craw Toboga

Postby Aran Enfas » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:37 pm

"You must have quite a few." Aran turned his head away from the Turtle towards the other man and regarded him carefully before speaking. "Captain, if I may I ask... why Bankor? Is there truly no better profit for less risk in the galaxy?"
Aran Enfas

Postby Craw Toboga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Craw shrugged. "Eh.... Personal reasons... Mandalorian politics... And hell, let's face it... if it ain't this it'd be some other warzone. At least the scenery's nice." He chuckled.
Craw Toboga

Postby Aran Enfas » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:33 pm

"It is good to know one's path." Aran smiled back faintly, and then more genuinely. "It is a beautiful planet."

"Who are your crew? Do they have the same reasons as you?"
Aran Enfas

Postby Craw Toboga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Craw chuckled. "Well aren't you curious. Well we got a chiss pilot named Nudimsu, Nudie if you prefer, another mandalorian named Nai'tiri and... Well for now we've got a republic councellor, Durasay and a reporter named Illyria. As to their reasons... Well, we're a crew. More than that I can't really say."
Craw Toboga

Postby Aran Enfas » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Aran ducked his head in an apology. "I am sorry. I was raised in the Order, and find much of life outside it as mysterious as people find the Jedi."
Aran Enfas

Postby Craw Toboga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Craw shook his head. "Ehh, don't sweat it kid." He paused. "So what brings a padawan to a warzone?"
Craw Toboga

Postby Aran Enfas » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:24 pm

"The Masters directed me to aid in the liberation of this planet," he answers automatically, and then with more thought, "They hope that the experience will account for certain gaps in my training."
Aran Enfas

Postby Craw Toboga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Craw raised an eyebrow and then shrugged. "Well I guess it does make sense. Ain't nothing make a man faster than a whole buncha life or death situations in rapid succession... And that's basically what a war is for any given soldier."
Craw Toboga

Postby Aran Enfas » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:00 am

Aran tilted his head a few degrees from side to side, considering. "I will meditate on that." He turned away from the ship to the man, and bowed shallowly, his head more than his waist. "Thank you for your time, and your thoughts, Captain Tobaga."
Aran Enfas

Forum Statistics