Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: (D3 LN Closed) It Takes One to Know One

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 pm

"That's the truly sad part." He agreed with a shake of his head. The whole galaxy could use less of it.

"If you use it, it has to be a good one." He mused looking the piece over. "Maybe I'll have to look into it when I have the time." He smirked. "I like my blasters and all, slug throwers just have a certain reliability about them."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:42 am

Vera perked her brow. "Did you know much about Ras Urdo?"

She began disassembling the firearm for her routine cleaning. "Yeah, it's an excellent model. But there are instances where it is less reliable." The woman sighed. "The desert might cause a bit of trouble. I also hear that we might be going into an arctic zone."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 pm

"Not as much as I should." He offered with a shake of his head. "But then, I always tried to stay out of sight of the larger syndicates. I have heard he's had his hand in the politics here though."

His jaw tightened in a brief grimace, neither of those sounded very appealing. "I could see the problem with the desert... Sand gets into everything..." Beaches seemed such a fine place for making love, but they did have their downsides. "I think I'd take it over snow and Ice though."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:10 pm

"He was dealing in a slave trade so Captain Alderaan led us in a night raid," she started. The usage of the title did not even cross her mind. "We did what had to be done. You know what happens to evidence when the authorities come knocking on the door."

Vera smirked. "Both are annoying for my pistol. But such is war." She slipped out one of her knives and gave it a quick spin. "Plus knives don't care."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 am

"Yeah..." He shook his head. "Been running into a bit of that on a case I'm working n him with for the moment. He's want to do things the right way though, so the evidence has more or less up and vanished. Which is a shame."

"That's the truth." Z replied, slipping Noth out of her concealed sheath. "Why I carry one, doesn't hurt they have a variety of uses as well."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:27 am

"My team could have gotten it easily." She shrugged. "I'm guessing that it wasn't slaves that were getting disposed of, though."

Vera smirked. "I started carrying two. You know, in the heat of battle it is very easily to lose your grip on them."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:52 am

"No... It's a bit more delicate then that. I figure that's why he is using proper channels. Where you and I would likely find the problem and put a end to it; in a way to not cause too much paper work. He's more the type to get people arrested. Put them away, let them learn their lessons. Or that's what I get from it."

"That's not a bad idea." He replied thoughtfully. "I'd have to carry less grenades though." He shook his head. "I suppose there is just a trade off for everything."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 am

"Quickest way to solve a problem is to a put a bullet into it. Of course, sometimes that causes problems of its own. There's some merit to his approach on things."

Vera smirked. "Have you been knife fighting more? I think one is fine for you, Zanebry."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:44 am

"Yeah, that's certainly true. but sometimes the corpses keep mounting, and eventually you need to say to hell with all the problems.' Or that was his opinion on the matter. "I suppose that's what makes me a terrible solider though."

"Honestly, I need to practice more." He replied with a shake of his head. "Just need to find a proper teacher."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 am

"Eh, there's a difference between the noble soldiers in the spotlight and the ones that operate in the shadows. Deniable operations and all that."

Vera crossed her arms. "I hope that's not your way of asking me," she said lightly, "I don't think that would go over well."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:46 pm

"One might say one resource is a bit more expendable then the other as well. At least that might be the words of some of those higher up." Zanebry mused,his mind floating to Matthis for a moment.

"It really wouldn't would it." Zane replied with a shake of his head. "Probably for the best I didn't ask then."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:24 am

Vera smirked. "We're also a part of a poster child of a new initiative the Republic is trying to do with the Mando'ade." She then gave a soft shrug. "I guess they don't have the same initiative for men with hats."

The woman unsheathed one of her knives with her cybernetic arm. "Well, it's particularly unhelpful with me having this enhancement. If I were to, say, do this," she said, followed by a slow, mock overhead stab, "And you were to grab my knife hand, I could likely overpower you and send the knife down."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:57 am

"I knew it, they're jealous they can't pull off such dapper hats That's why they marked us expendable." Zane replied with a sad shake of his head.

"So what you're telling me, is that robot arms are cheating." He said a flicker of amusement behind his eyes. "I do get your point though, your tactics are different because the strength of that arm."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 pm

"Once you're out of the way, their fashion will not be threatened," she noted.

"They are. You don't want to go up against someone with a properly augmented arm." The woman gave a soft shrug. "They're not cheap, you have to give up an arm. It's not often where you encounter somebody with one. And that makes it less predictable."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:29 pm

"They'll never take me alive?" His lips quirked into a smirk and he shrugged. It had seemed the thing to say.

"I knew I carried Ion grenades for a reason..." He mused thoughtfully. "As nice as they are, I do think I'll pass on the augmented limbs... Mine might be a little beat up, but I'm rather fond of them."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:42 am

"I don't think you're the type to get captured, Zanebry," she remarked without much enthusiasm.

The woman examined her arm. "I should look into getting ion resistance for this arm. It's quite rare, though."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:10 pm

That brought a amused smile to his lips. "What makes you think that, Vera. It's not like I'm perfect, I do make mistakes."

"It's never a bad idea, precautions that is... I try to be prepared for as many eventualities as I can, though sometimes it's just not really feasible." He let his eyes drift towards hers. "And loosing use of your arm in a inopportune moment could very well kill you."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:37 pm

"That's not exactly what I meant," she said with a blank tone.

Vera gave a soft sigh. "There's a reason why I operate in a team. We'll see if I can secure the funds for it. Military life hasn't been incredibly lucrative."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:56 pm

He offered her a easy smile, his tone a bit more somber then usual. "I know."

"Where as I spend too much time on my own." His lips curled into a wry smile. "If you're ever needing a loan. You can just ask, I'll see what I can do."

Zanebry Varliss

Previous
Forum Statistics