Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

[D4 MA] Sand... I hate it

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:13 pm

Sabine was busy cleaning the coarse, rough sand from her gun and armor, annoyed at all the tiny little nooks the dirty stuff found itself in.

"Why did we have to come to the desert. Why here? Seriously. Why?"
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [D4 MA] Sand... I hate it

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Approaching from nearby, Tra speaks up after hearing Sabine. "Because they're trying to kill this old man with a heat stroke."

He greets the woman with a nod, taking note of her rank. "Sergeant. It's no wonder you're having trouble with the sand. The Paladin is a fine weapon, but it's designed for the Republican Guard and senators don't like going to the desert either. Wasn't made for this environment. An air compressor will be your best friend while in this theater."

He offers a hand to her.
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:36 pm

"Sir." She stood up and saluted. "Well, we have a senator here, maybe we should put in a reminder to her." She smirked, before her face turned solemn. "I mean.. yes sir, I am here to serve and protect sir."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:44 pm

He returns the salute in a crisp, respectful manner. "At ease. I'm retired now, so that's not necessary. Though I appreciate it." He chuckles lightly.

"Tra Kize. A pleasure sergeant. And some senators are a bit more 'hands on' and stubborn. Nobody can convince them that they shouldn't be directly involved in conflict."
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:47 pm

"Ah, it is true what they say. The military pulls you back in." She smiled as she said, then indicated towards a spot near her. "Care to sit sir? Yeah... some politicians take their duties seriously. Makes me miss those who are in it for the pay check sometime."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:13 pm

He nods in thanks and takes a seat. "The old knees aren't what they used to be."

"Well, some senators, that's just how they function. Elected based on populist ideals. Or, forbid, they come from my line of work so they have to get their feet in the mud and get in the way to feel like they're doing something right. I at least have the good sense to not get elected and drag a staff around when I'm poking around."

His smile is hidden behind his breathing apparatus. "But if more folks were like that, we'd need fewer senators like that. So you are Republican Guard, or you're just a fan of the hardware?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Tra Kize wrote:He nods in thanks and takes a seat. "The old knees aren't what they used to be."

"Well, some senators, that's just how they function. Elected based on populist ideals. Or, forbid, they come from my line of work so they have to get their feet in the mud and get in the way to feel like they're doing something right. I at least have the good sense to not get elected and drag a staff around when I'm poking around."

His smile is hidden behind his breathing apparatus. "But if more folks were like that, we'd need fewer senators like that. So you are Republican Guard, or you're just a fan of the hardware?"

Sabine let out a low laugh. "From what I see senatorial duties are no fun. Too much talking, too much sitting." She shrugged. "No guard, I was offered this as a weapon... I think it was to tempt me to join this offensive. I am.. sort of related to the opposition."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:56 pm

"A Mandalorian then? What clan are you from?" If he was surprised he hid it well. But more than likely it's probably just not the first time he's seen a Mandalorian stand apart, given his long military career.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:00 pm

"Kryze." She stated simply, while continuing to tinker with her gun. "Raised in exile, don't know much about them. They seem to be kriffing a-holes though."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:15 pm

"The Mandalorians have a very different culture. And it can be far more... fluid than the Republic's. I'm no expert on the intricacies but I do know that whoever is in charge of any given force greatly influences the demeanor and actions of that force."

He looks up at the ceiling for a moment. "I would not say that Mandalorians are kriffing a-holes in general. Aggressive and violent, yes, but not necessarily a-holes. Though the force invading Bankor certainly fits that description, I've met some truly honorable and noble Mandalorians in my day."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:29 pm

"Clan Kelborn seems like a group that is more honorable than a bully. Kryze though..." she shook her head. "Sometimes I am glad I grew up in exile, based on what I see here."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:24 pm

"We don't get to choose our family. My parents and sister haven't spoken to me in decades. I'm as bad in their eyes as Kryze is in yours. My grandmother was a Baran Do sage and my family was dedicated to peace. When I chose to join the Republic Navy I became a murderer and thug in their eyes," he explains.

"I spent my career trying to minimize unnecessary damage and improve lives. If I would suggest anything, it would be to not blindly judge individuals of your clan. Those in charge can color perceptions of the average member."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Tra Kize wrote:"We don't get to choose our family. My parents and sister haven't spoken to me in decades. I'm as bad in their eyes as Kryze is in yours. My grandmother was a Baran Do sage and my family was dedicated to peace. When I chose to join the Republic Navy I became a murderer and thug in their eyes," he explains.

"I spent my career trying to minimize unnecessary damage and improve lives. If I would suggest anything, it would be to not blindly judge individuals of your clan. Those in charge can color perceptions of the average member."

"I am sorry to hear that. Family can be tough... and I agree, I think. Clan Kelborn is full of honor, and I am happy to have met them." She took a deep breath. "I'll try. The actions of the Kryze are not making it easy though..."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:12 pm

"You also don't have to try if yo don't want to. You are free to choose what you want to do. I'm just suggesting that not everyone fits the mold of the group they're part of. It might simply be the case that your differences with Clan Kryze are not reconcilable, but make sure that you consider and make that decision for yourself," he says with a nod. "We can't pick our blood but we can choose our family."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Sabine smiled. "You know... I've heard that a lot of times, but never understood it. Like... your family is your family, no?" She asked uncertainly, the concept seemed to fly above him.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 pm

"Your blood relatives are who they are. There is nothing that you can do about that and it's always true, regardless if you care for them or not. But families are formed and forged by life experiences. Consider the fact that there are many legal ways to represent a bond between two people that are as close as many blood relations. Marriage, adoption, fostering, guardianship... these concepts exist so that the law can be applied in an appropriate manner. But in the absence of the law, would the bond between any people related in such a way diminish? Even without a legal precedent, those individuals are family and will stand for each other, because they chose that. Maybe not always and forever, bonds can strengthen and weaken as time moves forward. You get to choose the people in this galaxy that you are willing to live in support of or fight and die for."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Tra Kize wrote:"Your blood relatives are who they are. There is nothing that you can do about that and it's always true, regardless if you care for them or not. But families are formed and forged by life experiences. Consider the fact that there are many legal ways to represent a bond between two people that are as close as many blood relations. Marriage, adoption, fostering, guardianship... these concepts exist so that the law can be applied in an appropriate manner. But in the absence of the law, would the bond between any people related in such a way diminish? Even without a legal precedent, those individuals are family and will stand for each other, because they chose that. Maybe not always and forever, bonds can strengthen and weaken as time moves forward. You get to choose the people in this galaxy that you are willing to live in support of or fight and die for."

Sabine listened, nodding along slowly, then slowly smiled. "I guess I never thought of it that way sir. You're truly smart. And old, I guess." She looked at him curiously. "May I ask who you chose as family?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:25 pm

"My wife of 27 years, though she passed away two years ago. My first commander was like a father to me, though again, he has since made the ultimate sacrifice, going down with his ship against the Imperials. The truth is, not many are left. War is a terrible burden for any society, but that is a burden we sign up to carry."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:44 pm

"My condolences." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "My father died about 4 years ago." She thought back of recent events. "We soured near the end, but... I'm remembering more of him from his earlier years."

She sighed, and continued cleaning the weapon. "Aye. I hope that the work I do here means someone else doesn't have to suffer instead."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:46 pm

"I have no doubt that it already has. What would the invaders be doing if they didn't have the strike force to contend with after all?" Tra says in a supportive tone.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Sabine smirked. "Yeah, good question. Here's hoping we'll make them busy by kicking them in the kriffing ass." She sighed and looked back up at the man. "What do you think of our chances sir?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:54 pm

"It's a bit early to tell, but given how well we're doing since the strike force arrived I am optimistic. It is reinvigorating the resistance and giving the Bankor natives a chance to recuperate a bit."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Sabine smiled. "Yeah... we might even do this. To be honest, I am surprised by the amount of resources the Kryze have assembled. Still, we have the arms necessary, I feel."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Tra Kize » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:11 pm

"It never feels like quite enough, but judicious use of resources can make a unit far more effective. It's always a balancing act for missions with limited resources. But I'm sure we're better off than we would be without the treaty with the Imperials."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:13 pm

Sabine nodded. "Yeah, that would mean even less resources. You fought in the war, right? Against them?" She looked at him with curiosity.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Next
Forum Statistics