Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: A little more work (D5 MM)

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:09 am

"Such things take practice," he agreed, running a hand through his hair.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:23 am

She nods, picking up a tool again to adjust a connector minutely. "The lightsaber is an ancient technology. Still, it's easily as complicated as the latest blaster models." Her lips quirk slightly again. "And every Jedi must build her own--whether or not she has any natural aptitude for mechanical engineering. I was fortunate enough to pick it up quickly, thanks to a strong primary education in the sciences. But many struggle for a time."
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:23 am

"I'm certainly grateful that I'm not required to build my tools." He indicated to a custom, and complex, utility belt that was slung low on his craggy hips with its various attached pouches and cases that held an unusually broad array of implements and drugs.
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:48 am

Garth Wayne wrote:"Nah, ah missed that firefight. More pilots than ships these days." Garth replies, but he doesn't seem overly disappointed.

"And as fer ma gun, heck ah never even thought of it. It'd be rude o' me to impose though."

"That's a shame, it was an epic fight. I enjoyed gunning those Mandos down" Azura grinned, before shrugging "as for your gun, I don't really care. If people bring me the resource, I'll do my best to make it. I'm here to help after all, and as long as I get paid for a job I'll give it my best shot, so if you want it done then bring me the stuff and I'll do it. I'm not some magical mechanic that can do everything but I know my way around blasters pretty well."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:49 am

Dr. Cole Ormont wrote:"I'm certainly grateful that I'm not required to build my tools." He indicated to a custom, and complex, utility belt that was slung low on his craggy hips with its various attached pouches and cases that held an unusually broad array of implements and drugs.

"But you understand very well how they all work, no matter that someone else built them." She eyes the collection of devices for a moment--even with a solid qualification in first aid, she can't identify all of them off the top of her head. "For most of the galaxy, that division of labor works fine. Better than fine. The lightsaber is just... special."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:02 am

Cole mmmm'd, "I wonder if I might be better at what I do if I did have to forge them."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:24 pm

"Well if y'say it ain't no bother, ah'll keep an eye out fer somethin worth doin, an fer a way ta pay ya fer yer time."

Garth ponders for a minute, then shakes his head. "Ah don't think ah've much in the way of skills you could tske advantage of, ah hope creds ain't too insulting?"
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Azura Mora » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm

"Credits are my favourite" Azura said with a grin "as credits buy the supplies needed to actually do the work, and anything else I need. Don't worry about insulting me, if you insult me I'll just insult you back or hit you, and I don't feel the need to do that quite yet, so all is ok."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Dr. Cole Ormont wrote:Cole mmmm'd, "I wonder if I might be better at what I do if I did have to forge them."

"An interesting question." Tethys continues to tinker with her saber, though now that she's satisfied there's nothing wrong with the alignment of crystal and lenses she's moved on to adjusting the grip slightly.

"You could build them to suit your particular working style, as Jedi do with our weapons. But if you had studied medical engineering at the same time as the practice of medicine, I imagine it would have taken you longer to become such a proficient doctor."

---
D5 MM--Curved Hilt mod #1 (and only). My lightsaber reduces to difficulty 1. Hangar bonus: 2eP+1eA+1eB+1eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Advantage from lightsaber tool (irrelevant, but whatever)

-100 credits of mod supplies. Tethys's saber gains Defensive 1 at the end of this time slot.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Cole watched with respectful curiosity as she tinkered, “I’m not sure that would be such a bad thing. I enjoy learning.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:23 am

"You can still master the skills one at a time, instead of both together," she suggests amicably, tightening a tiny screw with a strange five-pointed screwdriver. "Begin by trying some small customizations to make your main work easier, perhaps. Work up to building from scratch. Some of the tools of your trade are... very complicated looking. And small."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:40 am

“Ah, my apologies, I didn’t mean it to sound like a regret. Just a thought experiment of how things might have played out differently.” I have enough real regrets, I don’t need imaginary ones as well.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:21 am

"I didn't sense regret." Tethys keeps tweaking small bits and pieces as she works, which means she's only able to glance over at Cole intermittently. "Curiosity is a good instinct, most of the time." Her tone conveys at least something of the special valence instinct has for a Jedi.

"Are you planning on taking up the study some time? You couldn't ask for a better place to do your general rounds." Her lips quirk again. "At a permanent base the work spaces are usually more specialized. Here I've seen the same crew fixing everything from kitchen gear to starfighters."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:38 pm

“It’s why I’m here,” he admitted, “spending my break in the hanger, not in the grander scheme of why I’m on Bankor or a ponderance of existence. Admittedly my current curiosity runs more in the direction of droids and starships than lightsabers.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Tethys Carrack » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:44 am

"Understandable," she says with a slight nod over her work. "Knowing how to maintain either of those is useful for a military man. Or for a civilian surgeon, in the case of droids."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:46 am

"I've been reading technical manuals, but there's no substitute for real experience."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:17 am

Azura Mora wrote:"Credits are my favourite" Azura said with a grin "as credits buy the supplies needed to actually do the work, and anything else I need. Don't worry about insulting me, if you insult me I'll just insult you back or hit you, and I don't feel the need to do that quite yet, so all is ok."

"When payday comes aroun' next ah'll see how m' balance looks. Might actually be able ta purchase some o' your time." Garth replies before the blood drains from his face.

"Y'know ah didn' mean it, not like that..."
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:10 am

Azura laughed, grinning.

"Will you stop worrying? Get your stuffs, give monies, and you get the weapon modded. Well, hopefully modded!" she shrugged "you won't offend me by giving me money, I like money."
Azura Mora

Previous
Forum Statistics