Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Electric Lemonade (Day 5 Early Afternoon.)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Zane needed a mechanic, he had a droid that needed fixing after all,and he was definitely not one to do it. Striding through the hangar, kep kept his eyes open for one that didn't look too busy. Until finally his eyes landed n a Duros in the distance.Making his way over he raised his hand in a friendly way. "Hey, sorry to bother you, but do you have a minute?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Electric Lemonade (Day 5 Early Afternoon.)

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 pm

"Ahh yes." In spite of the interruption, Hacha doesn't seem to mind. He has a sack of salvage that he has been picking over, and he had a breakthrough earlier in the day. Right now, he is in a good mood, and not even his ad hoc duties as "Admin Hacha" are fouling his mood.

Though I probably should have been more careful about word getting around. The next thing you know, I'll get promoted in an organization that I don't belong to. The thought brings a smile to his face. Maybe that wouldn't be the worst thing.

"I have considerably more than a minute." Hacha rubs his hands together in anticipation "Admin Hacha Tsuko at your service. How may I help you?"
--------------------
Hacha Tsuko | Tech Modder | Cyberbrain Implant | Flechette Rifle | Turtle's Mechanic
"You got something that needs fixing? No? Haha, that's adorable. Stand back and let me work."
Languages Spoken: Basic, Duro
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 pm

"Good to meet you Admin Tsuko." Zane offered his lips spreading into a easy smile. "I'm Zanebry Varliss, of the three drinks." He dipped his head in the direction of his ship. "Well, a friend of mine and I were out scouting the battlefield last night, making sure that nothing was out of sorts and we stumbled on a droid."

"It looks like it can be repaired, but it's in pretty bad shape. so I was wondering if you could have a look at it. We aren't sure if it's ours or the enemies, if it's the latter though, could be it holds some valuable Intel?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:58 pm

"Ahh! A project! Most interesting." Hacha brings out his tools. "Where is it?" He seems to be glossing over that "Three Drinks" comment, not understanding it but not wishing to seem ignorant.
--------------------
Hacha Tsuko | Tech Modder | Cyberbrain Implant | Flechette Rifle | Turtle's Mechanic
"You got something that needs fixing? No? Haha, that's adorable. Stand back and let me work."
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 pm

"Right this way." Z replied, gesturing the man to follow him. It wasn't along walk to the Three Drinks, and soon enough they were there. "He's right over there." Z said, pointing at what seemed to be a damaged droid sitting on a sled fashioned from a piece of broken wing. "Not sure of the model or anything. Not really a expert on Droids."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 pm

Hacha hums a bit as he glances over the droid. "I think I will need to alter "most interesting" to "mostest interesting". I do consider myself expert, in a lot of things actually, but I do not know this model off of the top of my head."
Hacha drops down, running a part scanner over the deactivated body, trying to figure out how to fix the droid, or at the least, to extract data from it.
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 pm

The droid appeared to be a rather unsubstantial Class Five droid. It was of a humanoid form and meant for remedial work. There were no markings on it to show that it was part of the Republic, Mandalorians, or any other organization. Its torso was heavily scorched from a blaster bolt, presumably from the day before, but otherwise it seemed intact beyond having a bit too much sand.

---

Make a Mechanics (Intelligence) Check at Hard Difficulty with One Die Upgraded due to Destiny Flip.
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:25 pm

"My my, that blaster bolt certainly didn't help matters. But let's see what we can do."

Hacha slips a small hydrospanner through the scorch hole and goes to work.

Mechanics, Hard, Upgrade from flipped Destiny: 3eA+3eP+1eB+2eD+1eC 3 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Let's see if we can reroute some of that circuity to bypass the damaged sections...feed into the redundant systems. Well, let's see!"
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:28 pm

The droid suddenly jolted to life and looked at the two in the operating room. "Hello, masters. M-08 and ready to serve," it said in a dull monotone. It stayed silent for a moment and then nodded. "Last orders were completed. Awaiting new commands."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:30 pm

The man seemed to know what he was doing, so Z just sat back and watched. You never got in the way of a tinkerer and his work. "Seems like I might owe you a drink or two." Z mused as the work seemed to progress smoothly. "You're certainly good at what you do."

As the droid spoke, Z addressed it. "Could you relay your last orders to us, M-08?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 pm

"My last orders were to deliver the prisoners to the Republic and then return to my masters." The droid beeped a bit and then nodded. "Hello, masters."
Nekoinu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:36 pm

"Huh...I suppose there is a possibility that the bypassed sections cut something out." Hacha seems to think for a moment. "M-08, how far back do your archived memories reach?"
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 pm

"Memory banks appear to be fully functioning since the last reset, master."
Nekoinu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:43 pm

"And how long has it been since your last reset M-08?" Hacha seems to think for a moment. "We'll need the records of the allocations" He wants to keep the phrasing vague enough that the droid will supply him with an answer that makes the most sense to it rather than correcting Hacha on the specifics.
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:47 pm

"It has been four months, two weeks, and one day since the last reset." The droid then opened up a data port. "Masters can download a record from M-08."
Nekoinu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 pm

"Excellent." Hacha motions to Zane. "Would you prefer it to be onto your ship? I left my datapad back at the hanger."
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:52 pm

"That would work just fine." Zanebry said with a easy smile. "Lets go up then."

When the droid was on it's feet he'd lead the pair up the ramp onto his ship. Hopefully this little excursion would prove quite fruitful.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:54 pm

When they arrive on the ship, Hacha connects the Droid to the ship's computer bank, intending to start a transfer of the data, and then to examine it himself to parse anything interesting that he can find.
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:06 am

"Could I get you anything while we wait?" Z asked as the download started. "Water, whiskey, tea? Something else? I've got a little bit of everything." It never hurt to try and play proper host after all.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 am

"Caff that doesn't taste like it already went through a Bantha would be wonderful." Hacha hits a few switches as he tries to start the link. "Doubly wonderful if you can mix in that whiskey you mentioned."

[I am assuming a Computer check?]
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:22 am

The droid complied with any data upload. From the looks of it, though, the logs appeared rather dull.

---

Computers (Intellect) Check at Daunting Difficulty to pick out particular patterns.
Nekoinu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 am

"There's nothing here that immediately jumps off the screen. But let's see..." Hacha keeps looking at the data thoughtfully. "This was always my least favorite part."

Daunting Computers Check: 1eP+5eA+4eD 3 successes

Then something catches Hacha's attention
"What is that?"
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:41 am

"Coming right up." Z replied, as he disappeared to do Just that, he'd return several minutes later with a cup for him and the Duros. "One cup of Kaff, with a bit of Corellian whiskey. Not that crap they have in the mess hall either." He said offering the Duros one of the cups.

"Come across something interesting?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:45 am

The droid's logs seemed to record when its location was changed. Most of these were junk, as it would even show its room changing, but sometimes the entire climates were different. While this may not have been entirely surprising, there were a few instances where the droid appeared to have gone off-world.
Nekoinu

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:51 am

"M-08 here has been doing quite a bit of traveling. He's been recording whenever he's changed location. It looks like he's been offworld too. Where did you find M-08 again?"

As Hacha sips his drink with an appreciative nod, the combination of stim and alcohol seems to jar something loose. "Say, do you have a map of the planet? We have climate information and time records. Maybe we can work backwards and reconstruct the yeah path."
--------------------
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Next
Forum Statistics