Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

What news? (D6 MA On the ship Midnight)

Postby Azura Mora » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:28 pm

Azura had received a comms message to come back to the ship urgently. Not that she had much else she could do. Stupid republic.

She entered the ship, pressing the button after her to close it.

"Jax? Where are you hiding?" she walked to the main control room.
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Re: What news? (D6 MA On the ship Midnight)

Postby Jax Dolross » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:38 pm

Jax walked out from around the corner hearing Azura enter the room. He lacked his general easy laid back air she would know from experience this was his thinking face and quite a serious one at that.

This wasn't good news.

"Hello Azura, we have some things to disciss."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:45 pm

"Aw damnit. Did someone get pissy because I shouted at them this morning? It was their fault! Not letting me in the hanger to work, after I nearly died for them!" Azura huffed, annoyed.
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:07 am

Jax shook his head and walked over to the controls shutting down all comms and locking the doors effectively sealing them off from everyone else.

"They're on to us. Niall confronted me just now in the locker room. I don't think they have any hard evidence but he was holding something back. He at least suspects we are involved and wants out help taking these people down." Jax took a deep breath "people have been dying, a number of resistance were killed who were supposed to pick up the package we ended up with and at least one republic personnel on the ship it was supposed to go to also dead."
His look is serious "I don't like this, I don't like this one bit."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:10 am

Azura narrowed her eyes.

"Shit. I knew whatever that drop was about was dodgy, but last thing either of us need is some Republic investigation. Niall...that's the captain guy, right? Do I need to deal with him, to get him off our backs?"
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:30 am

Jax looked stern "no. We aren't murderers, we kill if we have to but that isn't how we solve these problems." He takes a moment "Niall said there would be immunity for any crimes we committed if we helped them take down these people involved." Jax grimaced "I don't typically like working with authorities but this job seems to be way deeper than it looked at first between this Saturday cartoon villian and these dead bodies.....i don't know Azura working with the republic might be the best thing."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:42 am

The crew gets a ping for a another security inspection.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Azura Mora » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:46 am

Azura sighed.

"Surely if we try to take the immunity, that's basically a confession? This feels like a trap, a big trap that I don't like. I've already to deal with Jedi sniffing around, now we have the republic sniffing around too...This is just getting worse and worse."

Azura heard the ping, and clenched her first.

"Oh for the love of...I'm gonna kill them."
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:17 am

Jax shrugged "I don't get the feeling that this Niall has a deceptive bone in his body. His approach wasn't even subtle he essentially just came out and say it. If it's a trap it's a poorly laid one. Nothing stops us from going to the people we are working with and alerting them. I'm not saying we sho-"

he was cut off by the beep. as he moved to unlock the door he first stopped and turned on his comm system and set it to record he looked to Azura "get your saber. Be on alert." He had his own blaster drawn in his hand as he leaned against the door frame waiting for Azura to get her weapon. He unlocked and opened the ramp.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:20 am

Azura was rarely without her weapons or armour. She was armed and ready, and took her position.
Azura Mora

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:20 am

A security detail of four Republic soldier entered the ship. One frowned and she said, “Manifest and Identification please. Please state the names and number of all personnel aboard the ship at this time.”

The other three stood looking around hands on their rifles as their squad leader spoke.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:26 am

Jax had his easy grin on his face "certainly gentlemen, can I ask what this is about?" He said as he grabbed his manifest and handed over his identification. "Just myself and one crew member."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:29 am

"Improved security measures, names please and Identification and manifest," she responded tersely.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:42 am

"Understandable gentlemen we all have our jobs to do. Jackson Dolross and Azura Mora on board. Here's the papers." He said keeping an affable air about him as he handed over the requested documents.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:47 am

The squad leader looked things over and then said, “Everything is in order here. Thank you. Now before we go, it should be mentioned that rolling over on the boss would be unwise. Keep your story straight and your mouth shut.”

She handed Jax the Manifest and Identification, “I believe we understand each other.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:51 am

Jax smiled "I'm sure I don't what you're talking about." He said with a nod indicating his understanding. "But I'm sure you are people to take vert seriously."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:54 am

“Of course, we are taking all security breaches very seriously. We hope to have this little matter sorted quickly,” she finished.

“Oh you must have dropped this, should be more careful, Mister Dolross.” She handed him a credit chit.
Dapper Dog

Postby Azura Mora » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:57 am

Azura kept quiet, watching warily.

I could take two of them easily enough, but the other two would raise the alarm.
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:06 am

Jax let out a chuckle "thanks for that, I guess I just have butter fingers." He said as he took the chit with a smile.

"Anything else?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:34 am

“That will be all, stay out of trouble,” she said and they departed.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:54 am

Jax checked the credit chit to see how much his employer valued his silence.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:55 am

1500 credits of hush money.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:07 am

Jax nodded and placed the chit in an air tight secret compartment sealed off from the rest of the ship. Jax went over and saved the recording downloading it onto a drive and placing it with the credit chit in his secret compartment then he switched everything off and locked the ship down again.

He turned to Azura "We got in way too deep, I've been threatened by goons before but this is different. I, I think Ol' Captain Alderaan might be our best option for real. I won't make this decision without you, I value you too much for that, but I really really think we've stumbled into something bigger than we thought."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Azura Mora » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:43 am

"But are they? I mean, what the republic going to do, deal with this arm? What if it's a bigger organization? Are they going to offer us protection galaxy-wide or are we stuck? Whoever these guys are, yeah they're pretty bad, but they can also set us up for life."

Azura crossed her arms.

"Why can't we just play both sides? Tell Republic where the drop is, tell the other side someone leaked the information on the drop, then join the winning side in the fight that follows?"
Azura Mora

Postby Jax Dolross » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:52 am

"Azura, this is a group I don't want to be in bed with. They can set us up for life bit what are we helping them do? Yes we are criminals bit we've always done what we do by a code. No slaves, no killing except when we have to." He lets out a deep sigh "People are dying at least 5 so far that we know of both resistance and republic, I don't feel good advancing an operation like this. I dealt with all the cloaks and shadows cause our contact was a friend of mine but this, this too much. We can't play their side cause I'm fairly certain they will take out every person who knows about the drop that isn't 100% proven loyal."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Next
Forum Statistics