Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

You can be a Hero [D7, MM, Sunset Dawn]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:26 am

Layne was waiting in the depths of her ship, instructions given to the nameless and faceless crew she called her own to only let certain people inside. There were things to discuss. Plans to draft.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Re: You can be a Hero [D7, MM, Sunset Dawn]

Postby Baesal Zyn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:07 pm

They were there...the dark spot was close and they will need to tackle the problem soon.

"Heya Layne." The togruta had reached to were her fellow ex-sith was prepping

"Any more information since we last spoke?"
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:12 pm

"Yeaah..."

Layne got up from her meditation attempt.

"We've narrowed it down at least. But I've invited a few others along, so let's see if they show."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Tethys drifts through the hangar wearing a somewhat quizzical expression until she finds someone to point her to Layne’s curiously-named ship. A sadly nameless crew member directs her to the compartment where she finds Layne and Baesal. She taps her fingers on the bulkhead to give a bit more of an audible warning of her arrival before coming in—maybe not necessary among Jedi, but better polite than not.

“It’s good to see both of you again.” She quirks an eyebrow at Layne, adding, “This is about that secret you couldn’t discuss before?”
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Layne had thought long and hard about whether or not to bring Tethys into things. She did have other options; and she didn't like the potential for derailment. A knight technically outranked her, and might think to simply take charge of the operation Layne had spent so much time getting together.

"It is," she said, a small nod. "But before I get to that..."

Now, how best to approach the subject without sounding like a total asshole?

"...I need you to understand how much I've put into this. I may be just a 'padawan', and you may be a knight, but if you're in, I need to know you can follow my lead."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:36 pm

Before Tethys could answer, they were joined by Niall. He looked a tiny bit disoriented from the weather and the strange ship, but gave Layne a nod and a smile as he stepped into the room.

"Good morning." He looked around. "Captain Organa." He introduced himself to Tethys. "Although I believe I know you from the command meetings."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lunda Mae » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:58 am

“Secret meeting… lots of Jedi, and Captain Adorable, oh this should be fun,” Lunda said as she joined the meeting.

“Is this for the Emperor thingy? Eating the universe or our minds? The scary stuff, I kind of forgot now.”
Jedi Padawan | Reckless Beauty| Sees the Future | Prodigy | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:14 am

Tethys nods acknowledgement to Captain Organa, whom she does in fact recognize. However, before she can answer Layne's question, Lunda bounces in and spills the beans... well, part of the beans. A somewhat confusing part. The look Tethys turns back to Layne is thus a bit further on the 'inquisitive' side of 'calmly inquisitive' than it would otherwise have been.

"I don't care who gets credit, as long as the problem is solved. Especially if it's as important as you've implied." She opens a hand palm-up toward the younger Jedi. "But I've never worked with you before, nor you with me. It's your research, and one briefing won't make me an expert, but I need enough information to be able to tell that I can trust your judgement--surprises are bad for teamwork."
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Lunda Mae » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 am

“You can trust her, I mean I trust her. She totally told the Sith to go eat it and then came here to join the right side. I mean Layne’s a little rough around the edges… and her core probably… and well the whole thing but she’s lovable in that angry sister you never had kind of way,” Lunda added backing up Layne.

“Plus whatever the Emperor is doing sounded bad… eating people… right?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:46 am

Hard to think this Lunda will be the one I saw

Baesal just listens until Layne speaks of the battleplan
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:16 am

"Captain Adorable?" Niall murmured. "I thought my nickname was Cuddles." He shrugged. Either one was fine.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 am

She said, before Layne struck her palm against the table, just hard enough to draw attention back to her.

"This is about the end of all sentient life in the galaxy."

There was a small pause, to let that sink in, before she continued. "There are rituals of the dark side of the force that enable a person to feed off the energies of other people in order to strengthen themselves. Give themselves more power and immortality. On Korriban, Baesal saw such a ritual performed by Darth Zash, and I dealt with the side-effects created by it. Zash... is an amateur compared to the Emperor. He has created a ritual that can drain the life from an entire planet. He has already done this at least once."

She threw the datapad onto the table, data and possibly images of the world he had done it to on its screen.

"And now he's working on making the ritual powerful enough to do it to many worlds at once. He wants to drain the power of our entire galaxy, to become the god of whatever's left. So we need to find out how to stop it. And that's why I'm on Bankor. There's an old Sith facility here, where the emperor once conducted research into these kinds of rituals."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 am

“Dramatic,” Lunda replied before picking up the Datapad to look at it.

“Why didn’t we invite Doctor Rexa? She probably knows more about any of this than all of us put together.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 am

"Because I don't trust her."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 am

Tethys absorbs this rather stoically, raised eyebrows and a slight, tense frown the only signs of her emotional reaction. Her own experiences with beings strong in the Dark Side are mostly less direct than Layne’s or Baesal’s, but she has no trouble believing such a thing is possible, even if only a madman would want to try it. It’s only a matter of scale, and scale sometimes means very little to the Force.

“What do you expect to learn from this Sith site?” she asks with (possibly maddening) calm, extending a hand for the datapad once Lunda is finished with it.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:33 am

"Anything. Everything. If we can understand how it works, we might learn how to stop it. And anything else we can learn about the emperor would help too. Nobody knows who or where the emperor is. And I've gotten closer than almost anyone has in centuries, that's how I got this information in the first place."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 am

Layne Hoshin wrote:"Because I don't trust her."

“That’s crazy, she helped you, and you don’t trust her. You wouldn’t even know where to look if it were not for her,” she said incredulously.

“So if you don’t trust her, is she going with us… what even is this all about?”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:16 pm

"I already knew where to look without her," she corrected Lunda. "She just narrowed it down. She's still coming, but there's something... off about her. I could be wrong, but she may have ulterior motives. If she doesn't, I'll happily admit I was wrong. If she does, I'd rather she doesn't know about the backup I've prepared just in case of a betrayal."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Lunda frowned and said, “I know this is important but maybe and I can’t believe I am saying this but maybe you are too close to this whole thing, like in the holo-vids. We need to punch the Emperor hard, in a peaceful way, but have you ever thought this might be more of an obsession. I mean that isn’t good either.”

“If you really wanted this done right, you would have just handed this information over to the Jedi Council. I am just saying.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:45 pm

She sighed. "You put too much faith in the council. I've given them vital intelligence before that they then did not act quickly enough on. As for this matter, they should already be aware of the gist of it. I told my master about it weeks ago, and he should've told the council almost right away. The fact that they haven't told me to stop tells you everything you need to know."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 pm

“A true Jedi puts their trust in the Jedi Council, and just because they didn’t intervene as quickly as you think they should have does not mean they didn’t try. They can see far more than we can, and maybe they have not intervened because they foresaw you seeking help and not going it alone. To disregard the council though, that isn’t the talk of someone who is trying to redeem themselves,” she said seriously.

“As my Master has said to me, there are times when doing nothing is exactly the course one should take.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:05 pm

"And as mine said," she said, "roll the dice. To stand by and do nothing is unacceptable. I refuse to sit around just because a master or a council doesn't give me my marching orders. If I was that kind of person I would've never left the Sith in the first place. Or I would've hidden myself away from everything entirely. But I didn't. I became a Jedi so that I could DO something. Not because a council tells me to do it, but because it's the right fucking thing to do."

She pointed a finger in Lunda's direction. "*You* spend so much time worrying about the future that you don't know when to try and *change* it."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Lunda Mae » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:10 pm

“I am more worried about you, you feel so strongly you must do something, that you don’t stop to ask yourself if you are actually helping or just driving yourself towards something that will be worse,” she responded.

Played by Dapper Dog
Lunda Mae

Postby Baesal Zyn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:14 pm

"This is beside the point." Baesal interrupted, more firmly then one might have expected.

"Lunda" she called, her tone more relaxed "You can have trust in the council but you cannot instill it in Layne by chastising her. If she is to trust the council then she must do it on her own terms and they must learn to trust her as well for such things goes both ways."

She joined her hands above her navel

"We can talk about the nature of relationships with the authority but that hardly bringing us closer to fix the problem at hand. Right now this is Layne's endeavor and we should trust her instincts for she has the most experience in dealing with what lies ahead."
Baesal Zyn

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:16 pm

"Don't try to hide behind compassion. If I'm heading towards something worse, then that's my fate isn't it? If you're so worried about my future, and you think it isn't set in stone, then you must *act* instead of trying to get others to do nothing at all."

And then Baesal interjected, seeming to Layne as if she was missing the real point.

But she shrugged, and hoped things were heading back on track anyhow.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Next
Forum Statistics