Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: Rise And Shine! (D7, MM, Three Drinks)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:40 am

"I'm not sure what you mean?" the raising of the eyebrow could almost be heard. "'This is my friend Zanebry - watch out, he will hit on you if you're a woman!'... is that what you had in mind?" there was a hint of a brief laugh in her voice.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:50 am

"Something like that, yes." Zane replied with a soft chuckle. "I've bugged him enough about how he didn't find a proper princess for me to kiss at the last medal ceremony. You'd think it'd cross his mind when one so happens to appear."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:00 am

Lyseil rolled her eyes.

"I think you've not met many Alderaanian princesses if you think many of them would be happy to just hand out kisses just because of a medal. It goes against all sorts of decorum, you know." She chuckled and shook her head, starting to button up her jacket.

"And I would probably slap Niall if he even suggested it."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:14 am

"Only around five or so, and I've only kissed one or two of those." Though Arsele had never really considered herself a princess. "I do suppose you're right though. I'm just of the opinion that if you want me to suffer through a medal ceremony when I'm not even in the military, there does need to be some sort of benefit to me other then a paperweight."

He sighed, perhaps a bit over dramatically. "I suppose I'll just have to skip the next one."

"I wouldn't want to get Niall slapped."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:34 am

Well she had to laugh a bit at that.

"Tell me, Z, how much exactly do you know about the noble houses of Alderaan?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:00 am

"Some, not enough I admit, but I've never really had to concern myself too much with them." He pursued his lips. "Most of you are politicians by trade, and many pursue a peaceful approach to most conflicts. Though I'm fairly sure there is something of a iron fist beneath that facade. No one prospers from peace alone."

"The Noble houses are a large part of your society, and have a general code of expected behavior. Gentlemen and ladies are expected to be just that. Though in my experience those of you that travel the galaxy have a bit more... fluid interpretation."

There was a small pause. "Most of you are also what we in the rest of the galaxy call dorks, but that might just be my experience with the matter." He was probably joking with that last statement.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:55 pm

"I could go on about how peace actually is the source of Alderaan's prosperity, hailing back to its founding almost twenty-five thousand years ago, but I've always been a dork, I guess," Lyseil smirked as the door opened, and she stepped out. It wasn't often she got to brag or bear that dork-title with pride.

"The noble houses are Alderaan. Even as a democracy, we are a hereditary monarchy first and foremost. So it is more than just a general code of expected behaviour for us when it comes to interacting with members of other Houses. Niall, for instance, would never ask me to give someone a kiss because of a medal; he might be a captain here, but he doesn't have that authority over me, and would never wish to offend Panteer with such a vulgar request."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:15 pm

"I'm glad you accept the title, Niall struggles with it a bit from time to time. Its probably all those silly posters they put up. Though really, it's not your knowledge that qualifies you as a dork." He mused thoughtfully.

He listened attentively she spoke, taking a slow sip of his Kaff. "I suppose that does explain why he offered to introduce me one of his cousin. Authority, decorum, plausible deniability."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Lyseil raised an eyebrow at that. "Or that he is chaperoning such a meeting by introducing you. But mostly, it is the proper way to do things." She chuckled her head with a small shake of her head: it seemed Z didn't really know that she was actually royalty compared to the others who were just nobility.

Probably better to keep it that way? One of the reasons she hadn't been home in a while was because she did enjoy not being Princess Lyseil Inera Panteer all the time.

"Just remember to rein yourself in if you ever visit Alderaan, hm? Would be a shame if you got into trouble by making moves on a royal princess."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:03 pm

"They couldn't do much more then kill me, but I'll keep that in mind, Sergeant Panteerr." He paused thoughtfully. "Though I never thought Niall was much for Chaperones. He has never seemed to bother much with them."

"I suppose that's a benefit of being a proper gentleman though." He brought his cup to his lips. "I just play one on holovids."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:31 am

"Nonsense, I think you can be a proper gentleman too, Z." I thought you were one up until quite recently. "In fact, anyone can be. It's not something that's exclusive to some people."

Lyseil folded the dress and placed it back in its bag.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:28 am

"You don't know me that well, Lyseil. But I won't argue the point and simply return to acting the part in your presence." He finally moved from his place by the bar. "Since you will be leaving shortly though, I should likely get you that bathing suit I bought you."

"It should fit you, though you should best try it on sometime to be certain."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:38 am

"Acting, Z?" Lyseil smirked. A part of her wanted to say she had more streetsmarts than people gave her credit for, but people just saw the 'Alderaanian princess'-part... so she might as well act too.

"Oh? What kind of style did you settle on?" she asked with some curiosity. If it was some skimpy thing made of strings more than cloth, she could just throw it back at him.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:59 am

"Yeah." His lips curled into a tearing smile. "I'm pretty tired and bitter, under all the charm and good manners." He left it at that though and disappeared into the other room.

He'd return in a moment with a small bag, and hand it her way. "I decided on a two piece, since you seemed to have a bit of a adventurous spirit. I tried to avoid anything made entirely out of string though." The suit was hopefully not too daring, though if it was he could likely just find another. It'd just take time.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:12 am

Taking the bag, Lyseil inspected the contents with a playful smile. "Oh, neat! Eyepatch should be great for an adventurous theme," she snickered, clearly joking about the size of the top-piece. "... Just teasing, Z. It looks pretty good."

She shot him a curious look. "Nice choice of color too... personal preference, or just your inner stylist deciding I looked good in green?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:23 am

"I told you, I wouldn't make you wear something totally made out of strings." He offered flashing a grin. "I still wanted it to be at least a little sexy though. Still I'm happy you seem at least a little pleased with it."

"So I can't have any secrets?" He asked in return before launching into a explanation. "I've always liked the color green with dark hair, so I thought it'd be nice... But I also tried to keep in mind your skin tone, what I thought might compliment it. Of course without a example handy it took a bit of guess work."

"Do you think it's suits you?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:28 am

"I think it will suit me," she chuckled softly as she looked at Z. "As for secrets, I do kind of have a habit of digging around for them - sometimes literally, you know! And besides... having spent a couple of years on other planets were people don't really care that you're a princess from another planet... I have a bit more streetsmarts than I think you or Niall, or most others for that matter, give me credit for."

As if she was more aware of her hair now that he had commented on it, Lyseil casually flipped it away from her shoulder. "Probably not to compare to someone who has spent years on Nar Shaddaa, but I'm not often a damsel in distress."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:41 am

"I wasn't fibbing when I told you I'd rather have you with me on a discreet mission then Niall, Lyseil." Zane returned with a soft smile. "And not just because you would look simply irresistible on my arm. You have a good head on your shoulder, and you keep your eyes open. I'm pretty sure if I'd tried to open that door when you were changing you had a plan to." He shook his head. "I'm just a worrier. Suppose I've had one to many people die when working with me."

"I'm no white knight either." He offered with a laugh, easing into the slight change of topic. "Don't think I could even play one on t.v. I wear far too much black for it, if nothing else."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:49 am

Lyseil laughed a little at that. "And here I thought it was only because you wanted me to make be the arm-candy... but yeah, I did have a plan." She had no trouble admitting that much, but she wasn't going to say what it was.

"Hmm... but you once played the part of a soldier of the Republic, no?" Her lips pressed together in a somewhat embarrassed expression. "Sorry. I saw the uniform."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:58 am

"Good, you need to always have a plan. Even if it might be a bad one." He'd had more then a few of those himself over the years. "But, just so you know though, I don't have a hobby of walking in on ladies while they are changing."

"If I didn't want you to see, I wouldn't of let you go in my closet, so no need to apologize. But yes, I was in the republic a number of years ago. Joined when I was a bony lad of sixteen." He smiled somewhat teasingly. "I'll give you a cup of pudding if you can guess which branch I was in."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:08 am

"A whole cup?" she snickered briefly. "Hmm... I didn't study it closely to see the markings of which branch it was, but I saw it had the markings of a sergeant?"

Lyseil cupped her chin in thought. "Not on the frontlines, I think, and not logistics either - I suspect you'd burn down the office within the week if someone put you there. Don't strike me as the pilot-type... I'm guessing more intelligence-like, judging from how you work now?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:20 am

That brought a light laugh from his lips. "Maybe two if you ask real nicely, not too much though I don't want to have you running for the next three days." His lips formed a half smile as she started guessing.

"That's what I retired at, though after I left the front line, I didn't really wear the uniform on the day to day." He pursued his lips. "I suppose I should say I was more of less transferred from the Regular army to another branch of the Republic. One as you said involved in intelligence."

"And you're right about logistics, I'd burn that place down happily."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:25 am

"Ah, so I wasn't too far off! And yet far off..." she shook her head with a warm smile. "You didn't strike me as the type to be on the frontline, but I guess a lot can change over time. And war changes people." Even that much she had noticed herself.

There was a faint smirk on her lips. "I guess not everyone is cut out for the burdens of paperwork - I on the other hand am made of sturdy enough stuff to handle such gargantuan tasks."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:45 am

"So, only one cup of pudding for the Mistress of paperwork. Apologies It couldn't be some fancy cake, I've got no real hand at baking." Making his way back to the bar, he ducked down and plucked out a single serving cup, holding it up as he rose to his feet. "Your prize, here for the taking."

"But yes, I'm only marginally good at shooting people. The military found out I had some others skills far more too their liking, and I must admit I was tired of seeing my friends all shot to pieces. So when the opportunity came to change jobs I took it."

He couldn't help but smile at her antics. "I'll forward you all the manifests I have that need to be filled then. A woman of your prowess is certain not to have any trouble facing a foe or two more."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 am

It was never too early for pudding! "Awesome," she grinned victoriously at the treat.

"Hm, I can see that," she gave a thoughtful nod, already ready to dig into the breakfast-pudding as she kept her attention on Z. "... That depends on the manifests you're sending to my desk then," Lyseil's amber eyes narrowed slightly.

"I'm not a military-type either, so I can understand wanting to get into a different type of work. I don't know... maybe I'd be more cut-out for the SIS work than the army-stuff?" she mused, having the first mouthful of pudding to give her something sweet to jog her mind.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics