Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

D7, ME, Expecting- Just Hang-ing around

Postby R4OXY » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:06 am

R40XY returned to the Hangar, hoping ze could find someone who needed something repaired and soon. Though the day had been full of interesting observation and conversation, it had been preciously sparse of credits or work. And those things were crucial to ze's next steps. Hoping that perhaps the Garth or Jax or someone who seemed to need a mechanic was there, ze scooted around the area, monitored by guards, but given a slightly wider berth than ze's last visit.
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

Jetpack attached, long range comlink installed. Lockpicks inside chassis.

Speaks only in binary and beeps and whistles. Speech indicated by *speech*
R4OXY

Re: D7, ME, Expecting- Just Hang-ing around

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:22 am

Zane stepped out of the decontamination area, more then a little miffed about the whole thing. He still didn't understand why they'd even come here, to visit with monks or something.

Striding towards his ship, under close supervision he caught notice of the new droid rolling along. Admittedly, it was mostly because the droid was being watch. Reaching up a hand, he tugged at the brim of his hat as they crossed paths. "Evening."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:33 am

As the being in the odd helmet came towards ze, ze stopped in zer's tracks. *Ending diurnal cycle to you, being. *
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:23 am

"New around here?" Z asked conversationally, as he came to a stop. The Droid seemed to be a bit of a odd one,but that really wasn't all that unusual if you though about it. A lot of droids could be unusual.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:26 am

The droid swivels its optic port towards him. *I am new to this environs. I came in aboard the last ship. You do not look like the others in this area. Are you with the pilots? Or some other grouping?*

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:39 am

"I'm with me." Zane explained with a easy smile. "That's my ship over there, the Three Drinks." He continued, gesturing towards a freighter in the distance. "I'm something of a independent contractor by trade. The name's Zanebry Varliss."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:30 am

The droid looks at the ship. *You are fortunate to have a ship of your own. It gives you an independence of movement. That is optimal.*

Sensing a possibility here, the droid bobs its chassis a bit. *I am designated R40XY. I am also an independent being, searching for work.*

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 am

"Yeah, it certainly gets me where I need to go." Zane said with a light laugh, as he turned to face the vessel.

"R4OXY?" That could sue with being shorter. "Good to meet you." He turned back to regard the droid for a moment. "I might be interested, what can you do?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:23 am

With a brisk beep, the droid said *I can repair crafts of many types, work with a variety of computerized systems, perform mathematics for astrogation purposes and salvage materials for later use. My previous employers used me primarily for the repair of land vehicles, but I have experience with space going craft as well.*

Looking over Z for a moment and feeling some other sub systems clicking online in the partially compartmentalized part of its mainframe, ze added *I have been told that my services are fast, knowledgeable and without an excess of chatter.*

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:48 am

"Well, I'll have to say I'm interested." The droid did seem to have a lot to offer. Stepping off towards his ship he waved for R4OXY to follow.

"Why dont you come aboard, you can have a look around, and we can discuss what I do, and how you would get paid in more detail."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:18 am

The droid gave a cheerful sounding beep. *It would be advantageous to see the type of craft you have and negotiate in more detail. I will join you.*

R40XY felt a brisk buzz in ze's circuits as ze waited for him to indicate which ship it was. Perhaps the probability algorithms were finally moving towards a favorable outcome.

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:44 am

"Well, its fairly typical in design, an old freighter that I've put a little work in." Zane explained, as the Made their way to his ship. He hadn't lied, and R4OXY could see that for themself as they arrived.

Leading the way up the ramp, he punched in the entry key to open the door. The interior of the ship was where he'd put the most work in, and the droid would notice a being might find it quite comfortable. "She's not much but feel free to look around."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:44 am

R40XY swiveled ze's optics port around, ensuring ze got an extensive view of the entire interior. The ship seemed as though it had seen some upgrades, primarily to the interior. *Would I be permitted to look into the engine room?*

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:42 am

"Feel free." He offered with a easy smile. "Though it's not really much to look at." It needed a upgraded hyperdrive among other things.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:59 am

The droid zipped through the space, finding it lacking some possible upgrades, but in good condition. Ze saw the work of a few droids around and noted ze would likely have some coworkers, which could be all right.

*In good shape. You take care of your ship. This is important.*

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:25 am

"Well, its my home as well as my livelihood, so I have to keep it in good condition." Zane replied, watching the droid carefully as it explored the ship.

"Anything else you want to see before we start any negotiations?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:47 am

The droid booped a negative. *The things I most need to know are not things that can be seen. I am prepared to start negotiations and discussions.*

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:50 am

"Well, we can do that in the common room." The tall being said as he started to make his way back in that direction.

"I suppose I sgmhoukd start by asking how much you are looking for in ways of pay."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:07 am

The droid followed his lead. *What is your standard offer you make to crew beings?*

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:34 am

"Aside from room and board? A percentage. Though I admit it's been years since I've worked with any being outside of the few droids I keep, and their A.I.'s are unfortunately rather limited. "

"There is a certain amount of discretion I require from those that work with me, and most beings aren't nearly tight lipped enough for me to employ them on the long term." His lips curled into a smirk. "I suppose I should ask your thoughts about that."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:40 am

The droid bobbed ze's chassis. *A percentage would be an acceptable part, as well as any possible...extras that may come along the way. I would want the rights to salvage or scrap materials we come across and use the parts myself or sell them.* R4 pauses.

*In my...previous employments, I have been required to employ circumspection in many matters. I suspect that I would have no difficulty with such discretion, as long as none of the activities aboard involved activities I found harmful to myself or other droids. I would not tolerate droids being used as target practice, being wiped unless utterly necessary or being treated as furniture or ash trays.*

An observer might note that requests seem very specific.

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:53 am

The droid was a fidgety one, not that such was necessarily a bad thing. "I wouldn't mind you taking the scrap we come across, I've not got much use for it myself. Though if we come across anything that can be used for the ship, I'd appreciate it if you at least consider doing so. If you join, this ship would be something like your home as well after all, at least as long as you want to stay."

"I can't guarantee you'd never be in any danger, the type of work I usually do doesn't always make a lot of friends. In other words you might put be at risk." He pulled off his gloves to expose his scarred hands. "I try to play it safe when I can, but as you can see the work I do can be dangerous."

"As for the rest of that, I don't use droids as target practice,and I don't smoke inside my ship, and when I do smoke I use a proper ashtray.." He gestured around at the chair and two couches. "I've also got more then enough furniture to suit my needs,I don't wipe droids unless I have to, why I keep mine out of the room when I'm doing business. Just an added level of precaution."

"I should note that I do entertain, quite often, and I'd appreciate it if you gave me privacy when you're able. No sneaking in to observe the mating habits of beings, or anything like that."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 am

The droid beeps an affirmative. *Of course. Scrap that is useful for the ship would be best used for its maintenance, that is only logical.* Ze pauses for a moment.

*I suspect that no sentient in the universe could promise any beign a life without danger. I am not concerned for danger, merely for...illogical reasons of being harmed.*

The droid looks about. *My only request would be that if the business explicitly involves me or my skills, I be involved in the proceedings. I am best equipped to know what I am capable of and in what time parameters.*

A short burst of binary that is not quite translatable is uttered. *I have no plans in invading your spaces just as I suspect you have no interest in invading mine. Merely inform me of those times and I will seek to be elsewhere if needed.*

R4OXY

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:14 pm

"Oh, well I don't generally go about harming beings without a logical reason, it's bad for business to say the least. " There was a frown on his lips as he said it, apparently the droid here had been through some rough times.

"As for the business, I won't promise your work willy nilly,when I ask you do to something I'll explain the reasoning, and I'll try to make sure you're around when anything involving you is discussed. I can't promise that will happen every time... Sometimes I meet with employers at rather curious hours of the day, and I'm certain you don't want to be my shadow."

"I suppose I should tell you a bit about what I do since I'm on the subject." He pursed his lips. "I suppose the best way to describe what I do, is that I solve problems. I find people, find information, piece together facts. Look into things discretely when others don't want to be directly involved. Things of that nature. Occasional that requires I do things not strictly within the bounds of the law, which means I might request you do the same. How exactly do you feel about that?"

"Good, I do enjoy my privacy, and I'll be more then happy to respect yours as well. I should also note that I like to keep things tidy, what you do in your space would be your business... But please keep the rest of the ship clean.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:45 am

The droid beeps an affirmative. *This is logical. Obviously, one being cannot be everywhere.*

R4 listened closely. It sounded vaguely similar to some work others had done around ze before. *Does any of this problem solving involve murdering other sentients?*

A small exhalation came out of R4's exhaust ports. *Of course. A clean engine room is one where tools can be found. A dirty engine room is a problem waiting to happen.*

R4OXY

Next
Forum Statistics