Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

[D7 EN - Republic] A Spot of Elbow Grease

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 am

Garth was polishing Tallulah, he'd neglected her a bit over the last few weeks, and in this heavily forested terrain, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to take her out for a ride at all.

Whistling a tune that'd been stuck in his head since the visit to the jizz club back in Rygor, Garth worked slowly and methodically. It seemed that the constant repetitive motions were soothing and calming, almost meditative to the young pilot.
Republic * Human * Pilot * Force Sensitive * Adrenaline Junkie
Languages: Basic (Speaks and understands), Binary (Understands only)
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Re: [D7 EN - Republic] A Spot of Elbow Grease

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:30 am

Walking, alone, Chase made her way into the hangar. Finding herself a Spitfire to stand next to she looked it over, moments, flashes of moments gone. Looking over the top of the craft though she spotted a familiar face and beckoned to him with a flick of the wrist in her direction.

"Damn rough day today," she said before he'd have the chance to arrive, patting the hull of the craft.
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:38 am

"Too true Tenant." Garth agreed as he swaggered over, not knowing that it was gonna get even rougher sooner than he would have liked.

"Though ah managed a good nap this afternoon. Night shift last night was real dull."
Standard Gear: Republic Uniform (Padded Armour), DR-45 Dragoon, Comlink, Bike Keys, Backpack, green crystal necklace, Aznuri Necklace
Combat Gear: Shockrider Crash Suit, as above + Extra Reload + Crash Survival kit
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:27 am

"Yea.." Chase said running her hand along the top of the craft once more. Somberness was not something she exuded normally, and here it was but just like that as soon as it had arrived it was gone.

"Garth, you really don't see the difference in what we're doing on this planet and what we're being asked to do for these people?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:33 am

Garth plastered a fake smile across his face. "Tol' ya ah was too dum bt' be an officer." He remarked as he leaned against the spitfire, only now realizing that this wasn't Chase's normal vehicle.

"There's people here in need of help, does it matter how they came into needin' it?" He asks simply. "If'n yer dog bites ya, does the medic refuse t' treat ya if ye provoked the attack?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:41 am

"If you're the one who kicked your dog in the first place, should it really be the dog who goes and gets put down?" Chase asked, looking at him straight. "That's the kinda thing I'm talkin' about here. We don't know this woman and damned if I am to trust someone who comes in spouting about how it's necessary for us to kill someone because their way or whatever is for vengeance."

"This fights not about protecting people, it's about killing someone and that doesn't sit right with me."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:45 am

"Ah'll meet ya halfway Tenant." Garth proposes. "Ah'll concede we don' know enough about th' history of this matter t' know which side started it, if ye'll CONSIDER that th' situation Mazakin and her kin find 'emselves in needs remedying in some form or 'nother."
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:31 am

"Sure, maybe," Chase said, shrugged, "but I don't plan on trusting anyone who comes here bribing fighting forces for fighting forces."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:40 am

"Ah don' think their culture sees it tha way though," Garth responds as he picks at a flaking bit of paint on the Spitfire.

"Ah had a chat with the Sister an' there's definitely somethin' primal about the way they are. Their ways ain't our ways it don't make their way wrong any more than ours is right. Ah understand yer feeling that this mission's a little...unsavory, I truly get that." He lets out a sigh.

"Mebbe ah'm thinking too simply, they have forces we need, if pickin a side in their civil war helps get them as allies. Ah just ask m'self; is the price worth it?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:00 am

"That's exactly it, that's exactly the point," Chase said stepping away from the craft. Suddenly getting some energy in her step. "No, it's not. We really ready to just put ourselves into the middle of this conflict they seem so keen to hide the facts from us for for something as simple as support? How are we the good guys anymore? We could be out there, right now, helping people who truly need it and here we're in some jungle playing house with the natives. I don't see how this is at all what we signed up to do."

"Don't even get me started on the whole, their culture doesn't see it that way nonsense," Chase said turning out toward the opening of the hangar.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:11 am

"Th' leadership made it's call an' this is where we find ourselves. Either we an do nothin' and help no body, or help who's here. They may not be the MOST deserving, but does that make them undeserving?"

Garth asks as he follows after chase, dropping an arm around her shoulders.

"And no, ah ain't been drinkin' th' fizzyglug." He answers before she asks. "Republic's changed since you signed on huh?" He probes as sensitively as he can.
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:39 am

Chase thought about brushing his arm off for a second, but hell with it, "It has, and as for the people here I'm starting to think it does. People who look to others to kill for them, that's not a kinda people I wanna help."

"We shouldv'e been here saving people, helping them, and ever since this damned operations started all I've heard from anyone else on top is why we can't, or why we should do something else. It's like someones gone and taken their damn hearts from them and replaced it with an engine. Blood with motor oil. It's the kinda kriff I'd been imagining an Imperial War room looks like. All numbers, all meaningless facts on what they're cold unfeeling numbers tell them. Not a single damned person in there seems to care about the damned people on this planet."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:02 am

"Then don'." Garth suggests as an oversimplified solution.

"Y' wouldn' be the first t' try and change the 'verse with protest. If th' Republic's changed so much y' don' recognize it any more, then y' gotta ask yerself if it's yer place anymore."

He gives Chase's shoulder one last squeeze before his hand drops to the side.

"If ye decide t' get out, ah may know someone who could use a good pilot fer hire."
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:10 am

"Already gettin' floated a job?" Chase shook her head with a smirk. "Almost starting to make it sound like it's the thing to do, or you're trying to make me think it's the thing to do and you're selling me something," Chase said it, waited, but there was certainly the air about it that she wasn't being serious when she made the suggestion of nefarious intent.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:24 am

"No self int'rest." Garth openly admitted. "Ah ain't in line fer yer position, and don' wan't it neither, 'sides ah'd miss ya round here."

"But if ye're gonna go, ah'll do ma level best t' help ye land on yer feet."
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:49 am

"I ever mention my ship to you? Good ol' thing I picked up ownership of some years back, it's waiting for me out there, just sitting and waiting till the day I've found I've had enough of this life," Chase said, pushing aside some tools with her foot and sitting down where they once were. Crossing her legs she looked out toward the exit of the hangar where one could see the darkness of night.

"Still.. I'm not sure. I've still done some good here, all in all. Saved some lives."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:41 am

"Can't say ah recall Tenant, but if ye need a pilot ye only need ask." He jokes, with his officer.

"Ah know it's easy t' forget about the good we do, when ya only have t' look around and see the good that still needs doin'."

Garth lies down beside Chase, flat on his back, arms folded under his head.

"But ye made a difference. There ARE people alive now, cos of what yer have done. Whenever ye find that spot of doubt that makes ye wonder, just know that."
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:10 pm

"Now you've got me thinkin'" Chase said quietly to herself, quiet enough to avoid the audience of anyone but herself.

"Still got a war to win, and it's not managed to kill me yet. Though it's been trying real damn hard of late."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 am

"And s' long as ah'm yer wingman it won't. Techs 're talking about a crash earlier today, ya doin' ok?"
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:25 am

"Techs are dead wrong, and don't let anyone go and tell you any different," Chase said rather sternly. "There wasn't a crash. I didn't crash."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 am

Garth nodded emphatically.

"Y'know what they're like, any chance to bad mouth one of us air jockeys. Just ventin' their anger they stuck on th' ground ah'm sure." He replied as he tried to placate Chase.

"Sides, we both know the only one on this continent as can take you out is me." He joked as he tried to lighten the mood.
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:34 am

"If you really think yourself up to it," Chase said with a grin.

"If it were any other pilots, you can be damn sure that they'd not even have a ship to complain about," Chase said, finding a wayward pebble or bolt or something. Hard to tell, it was clearly old, dropped, and forgotten like the useless piece of whatever it used to be it was. Tossing it down the way some it clacked against the floor.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:43 am

"Ah know Tenant." Garth admits freely with a genuine smile of platonic affection.

"Y' taught me all ah know about this starfighter gig. If t'weren't fer you, ah'd still be running supply trucks around planet side, an' if it weren't fer y' sense of humour, ah'd be servin' several years in the brig fer some form of harassment or 'nother."
Garth Wayne

Postby Chase » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:10 am

"I'd give ya a little more credit there, I'm sure you've a better sense of when to stop talking than you're claiming there," Chase said.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Garth Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:17 am

"Mebbe," Garth admitted. "But ah'm glad fer the banter, keeps things light when inside we all know anytime we slip int' that cockpit could be th' last."

He flashes a cheeky grin. "But then, that's half the appeal, innit?"
Garth Wayne

Next
Forum Statistics