Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Broad Education [D8EA, Three Drinks]

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:27 am

Even though the base kept moving, the basic layout remained the same. These last steps to Z's ship were becoming rather familiar.

As always, as he approached the ship, he sent Z a quick comm ping. There were all sorts of reasons he didn't want to walk into the ship unannounced.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: Broad Education [D8EA, Three Drinks]

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:51 am

The door slid open as Niall approached, revealing Zane leaning casually on the other side of the entrance. "You know, you dont have to page everytime, Niall. B just wouldn't let you in if I didn't want company."

He casually pushed away from the wall. "But come on in, we should talk."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:11 am

Niall shrugged. "It seems the polite thing to do. Like knocking, except I'd rather not wrap my knuckles on your ship's hull."

Following Z, Niall nodded. "Yes. Quite." He let Z lead the way into the ship.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:43 am

"Well, I suppose we can chat while you learn." Zane mused as he stepped into the common room. Niall would notice that most of the furniture had been cleared away, and some slow jizz music was playing on a datapad.

"I hope you came prepared to dance, my friend."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:48 am

"Yes, I..." Niall's brows drew down as he heard the music. As he saw the space cleared away. As Z spoke.

Niall blinked. "What?" It seemed like the best possible response.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:03 am

"I'll not let you embarrass Lyseil when the two of you dance tomorrow." Was Zane's reply as he moved towards the center of the room.

"So I'll show you the ropes, while we talk." He beckoned the Captain forward. "Now come here, you can start by explaining to me, why you didn't warn Lyseil about the kind of man I am."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:27 am

Niall stepped forward, somewhat uncertainly.

"Warn her..." Niall frowned. "I'm not entirely certain I follow." His brows drew down. "She said that you danced with her, back at Rygor. That... you didn't..." The brows drew down further. "Zane... you... you really can't make a pass at an Alderaanian noblewoman. Especially not one like Lyseil!" Niall sputtered a bit. "You know that, right?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:43 am

"I've made passes at Sith Lords, Niall. Not mention to Jedi knights, Arsele, and a host of other women. Just because a lady is a noble woman doesn't mean that will stop me."

Zane stepped forward, taking Nialls hand in his, and placing it on his waist, as he caught the other in his hand. "Not to mention the fact that you personally volunteered to introduce me to one of yours cousins." He raised an eyebrow. "I'm sure you're aware of what I would have in mind if you did that."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:11 am

"I admit that I may not have thought about it too much." Niall said. "I assumed you would flirt with my cousin. You can be charming without... I mean, surely you don't..." Niall grimaced, shaking his head. "As I said, I haven't been thinking about it."

Somewhat stiffly, Niall let Z guide him into shape, his hand on the other man's waist. "Regardless... Lyseil... you shouldn't. Really. Please." Niall frowned. Usually he was more articulate than this, but there was an awful lot going on.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:23 am

"You need to be less stiff." Z instructed, skipping the main topic of conversation for a moment. "You've got too much tension in your shoulders."

"I shouldn't because you like her?" He asked, a sly smile on his lips. "Or is there another reason for it? Just out of curiosity." There was a impatient tap on Niall's shoulder as Zane instructed him to start leading. "As for your cousins, I'm pretty sure I made you aware my intentions were to kiss a princess. Did you just want me to give them a little taste of my charm, and let them go on their way?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:36 am

"Oh. Hmmm." It was difficult to dance and talk at the same time. The distraction did help him to loosen up a little, though. Niall rolled his shoulders back, releasing some of the tension from them.

"Lyseil is..." Niall pursed his lips, even as he began to lead. "She's not the sort one has a fling with. One often would call a woman a 'lady', but in the case of Lyseil, one would really mean it." He chuckled softly. "Although not all ladies are quite so enthusiastic. But I like that."

He sighed. "And I do like her."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:03 am

"I know, you're rather bad at obfuscation, Niall." Zane offered with a light laugh. "It took seeing you together in a room for about fifteen minutes for me to find out you two had a thing." He nodded his approval as the other man loosened up a bit. "That's better."

"But, yes I'll stop, we've already had that talk, and like you said she's far too good for me anyways." He didn't feel the need to elaborate anymore then that on the matter. "So have you ever been jizz dancing?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Niall frowned. "That's not exactly what I mean." He objected. But perhaps it would be better not to pursue that line of thought anyway.

"I haven't. Many more formal sorts of dance." Indeed, Niall seemed to move with poise, but not especially grace. His lips quirked. "I think I begin to understand. This is about Jizz Night in the rec room, isn't it? Lyseil spoke to me about that. It sounded like a fine idea..." His lips quirked again. "-in theory, anyway."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:28 pm

"Of course it's not exactly what you mean, Niall." Zane replied with a soft laugh. "You're too nice to even consider that. But what we think, and what we feel dont always see eye to eye."

"You've got it." Zane offered, easily shifting to the other topic. "I've been giving Miss Panteer a few lessons, I figured you could use a few as well. You dont want to look out of place, do you?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:46 pm

Niall gave a tiny wince. "Indeed not. Back as a youth, I wasn't such a good dancer. But I put in the effort, and I've become rather good at certain dances. I can waltz quite well, in fact."

As they turned, Niall stumbled just a little. "But this is entirely different. I'm going to step on her feet again, aren't I? Just like all those years ago." Niall sighed, melancholy.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:14 pm

"Just dont mistake me for her, and try to kiss me." Zane offered as the Captain turned a bit sappy. "I know you've probably kissed a few guys, all boys school and all. But I at least need a lady involved somehow." The teasing tone he took probably took the worst of the bite out of the words.

"Really though, you should be fine I'll teach you what I can, I know I'm in the role of the lady but just follow what I do. Flow with me." The older man said, as he started to pull the dance away from the stately form Niall was used to. "And as extra encouragement, I can promise to punch you in the ribs, for each toe of hers you tread on."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:35 am

After a moment of consideration, Niall decided it would be better to just let that first part pass.

Niall chuckled softly at the curious promise. "I see. Very well. I'll have to be on my best behavior, then." It wasn't easy to get the stiff captain to loosen up, but it was happening gradually, growing more bold with his movements as they went on.

Even as they danced, Niall looked at Zane curiously. "Why all the effort? If you don't mind me asking. Dance lessons for me, for her..." One eyebrow went up, just a little.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:10 am

"I'll just be happy if you remember you have two feet, and don't bruise the ladies toes all to pieces." The bold movement got anodfrom approval from the older man, though he continued to try and push the man a bit further. "You can do with being a bit more expressive, dance like nobodies watching, like it's just you and your partner."

"Mmm... Partly it's boredom. Partly I think you two look good together, and I'm still thinking you need a couple other girlfriends before you settle down to marry. I'm not sure you really like this one as much as your jedi lass, but it's easy to tell your interested, at least a little. So you might as well have a good time together, while it lasts."

"Just be sure you like her when you kiss her, and that you aren't just a bit lonely, and attracted because she reminds you of your home and your sister."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:58 am

Zane was giving Niall rather a lot to think about on top of the dancing. He frowned thoughtfully, but it was the last bit that he focused on.

"I've thought about that. That she just reminds me of better times." Niall shook his head. "But it's more than that. There's something about her... when I'm with her, I'm happier. It's more than just her, more than just our shared past. I can't really explain it. There's... just something."

His lips quirked. "But I think she'd prefer that we not discuss it too much. We talked a bit about things, last night."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:05 am

"Here I thought you'd snatch onto the bit about needing more girl friends." Z offered with a bit of a dramatic sigh. "As you said though, it's not really any of my business. I'm just a little board, and you are suffering from it." A frown made it's way onto his features for a moment. "There aren't nearly enough things going on in this warzone to keep me occupied."

Z encouraged the other man to drop him into a dip. "On that note, have you looked into that information I gave you on Huya vy? About here having some of the weapons stolen from the resistance?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:16 am

"Bored?" Niall's eyebrow went up. "You're kidding, right?"

Niall shook his head with a sigh. "I haven't no. I scarcely know where to begin with that. Perhaps..." He frowned. "Would a trip back to her be worthwhile? This is more your area of expertise than mine." Niall's lips quirked. "My specialty is delegating, after all."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:47 am

"Why would I be?" Zane asked, raising an eyebrow. "Other then work there really isn't anything to do."

Zane rose languidly out of the dip, draping himself over Niall. "A trip back to her?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "It seems there might me a bit of information you've been keeping from me." He smiled slightly. "I'm not really certain, if she does have said weapons, how exactly would you want to proceed?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:15 am

"Not much." Niall shook his head. "Some people paid her a visit, I understand, although I wasn't one of them."

"If she did have the weapons..." Niall grimaced. "I'm not sure what could be done there. Unless she arranged for it. But I don't think she did."

"Have you ever heard of The Clever Man?" Niall asked suddenly.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:30 am

"Hrm, I admit I'm interested in the who and why." Zane said thoughtfully. "Though I don't imagine you have those details."

"I can't say for certain either way, she seems to control a lot of the crime on this planet though, so it might just be her cut. I suppose I could look into it a little, but that's an awfully long way for me to fly all on my own."

The sudden comment made Z's eyebrow rise. "Now where did you hear that name Niall? I'll tell you now it's not one you should bring up just anywhere."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Well, that was a curious response. It made Niall stumble, just a little, but he recovered quickly.

"I take it you have heard the name." Niall frowned. "I heard it from Jax. He said that the name was mentioned in connection with the stolen supplies." The frown deepened. "Is there something you're not telling me, Zane?"
Niall Organa

Next
Forum Statistics