Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Re: Broad Education [D8EA, Three Drinks]

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 pm

Zane sighed softly. "Jax talks too much, I hope you haven't told him much about your plans. He's like a leaky seal you can never get quite closed."

"But yes, Niall. I've been leaving out that name purposely from our talks. Mostly because its linked to another case of mine, and that's a hornet's nest we dont want to approach if we can avoid it. You get too involved in that man's business and you're likely to end up dead."

There was a lingering pause. "For what it's worth, Niall. I am sorry. I can tell you what I know now though, if you like."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Niall disengaged from the other man. "Let's... take a break. This is a bit too much to focus on while learning to dance." He turned away for a moment, one finger tapping his lips thoughtfully.

When he turned back to Z, he gave the older man a nod. "It's okay. I understand the desire to try to keep people safe." His lips quirked. "But the more I know, the better. You know me. How liable am I to let this go? How likely am I to blunder into trouble?"

He gave Z another nod. "So yes, please. I'd like to hear it."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:36 pm

"You should really practice doing multiple things at a time more." Zane mused as the dancing stopped for the moment. Though he didn't seem to mind much, as he crossed the floor towards the bar.

"If I know you, you'll never let it go, and probably end up ten feet over your head, with a pair of weights strapped to your boots. Which is really one of the reasons I tried to keep you out of it, people like this don't only go after you." Friends and family were also on the list.

He wasn't facing the man, back to the room as he made himself a drink. "I suppose I should start with the first part... Though I'd ask you not to share this with anyone." There was a lingering pause. "I first learned of the Clever man, when he tried to hire me."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Niall's eyes first widened, then narrowed, as he understood just what sort of thing the Clever Man might do. Slowly, he nodded. "I'll be careful. And not just for my sake." His lips quirked. "I know I'm not what you would call streetwise. But, as a noble, I've always needed to be conscious of the fact that I could be worth a lot to some people, and used as a weapon against those I care about. I know how to be cautious, at the very least."

That was definitely another big piece of information. "Oh really?" One eyebrow went up as Niall crossed his arms in front of his chest. "How'd that happen?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:51 pm

Niall seemed about as cautious as a blind man crossing the street, but nevertheless Zane nodded. There really wasn't any need to tell the other man that.

"He's heard of me, the work I've done, and it piqued his interest from how I understand it. Apparently his organization is one that wants to change the galaxy. I wasn't sure how at the time of the meeting, so I refused. I try not to walk into things blindly." His lips quirked. "That job offer was the real reason I asked you to add more guards to the museum. Though it didn't end up doing a bit of good."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 pm

"I see." Niall frowned. "And no, unfortunately that didn't do any good. Did he tell you what he was after? Why?"

Dismay flickered across Niall's features. "Zane, I asked Lyseil to look into that matter. Do you think she's in any danger?"
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:11 pm

"No, I do have a few theories of my own... Though I am not entirely at liberty to share them." Baesal seemed to be working on her own in this case after all.

"If I thought she was, I'd warn her. Though honestly Lyseil want's to do more they what she currently is, so if she pushes too far its in the realm of possibility. Though I do believe her inquires aren't in exactly the right direction." He let his eyes float towards Niall's. "Lyseil's able to handle herself, Nieall. At least a little. She has a good head on her shoulders after all. I wouldn't suggest trying to pamper her and pull her out, not at this point. She strikes me as bull headed enough to try and help regardless. So, we give her things to do, things that will likely keep her out of trouble."

"I should tell you. I've got her looking into Captain Hurn's recent requisitions too."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:26 am

Niall's lips shifted during the little talk, thinning, pressing together, pursing thoughtfully. They finally settled on a smile. "Yes, that sounds like a fair assessment." He chuckled softly. "But like me, Lyseil would prefer to have all the information. In fact, I suspect she'd insist on it even more strongly."

His expression grew more serious at the mention of Hurn. "Oh? What part?" He sighed. "We need to figure out a way to get her. She's careful. Very careful. It's not easy to think of what would work."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:50 am

"Possibly... Did she show you that swimsuit I bought her yet by the way?" A sly smile made it's way onto his lips. "It's a two piece."

"Oh, I'm wondering if she has a speeder she is fond of, or other means of transportation. Or if supply just assigns her the same one, it's a long shot, but careful people sometimes make mistakes, we just have to find the out what things the Captain doesn't likely consider."

"If Chad in logistics always assigns her the same speeder, because it's the best he's got, and he has a bit of a crush, well we can maybe use that."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 am

Captain Alderaan received a ping from his communicator. The caller was from one Lieutenant Vera Ordo...

---

GM Destiny Flip!
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:39 am

Niall blinked. "Swimsuit? A two-piece?" His eyebrows went up. "What-"

He was interrupted by the ping from his communicator. With a sigh, he lifted it to his face. "Captain Organa, here." He answered.
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:43 am

"Hey, Captain," she started awkwardly, "Remember our dear friend? Melv? He, uh, tried to off himself in his cell. Um, not sure if you wanted to know actually." She coughed. "Well, anyways, I thought maybe you'd want to be involved in his transport or something. If you wanted, that is. I can handle it myself..."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:43 am

"I aimed for sexy, without being lewd. I think she rather liked it."

Zane replied falling silent as the other man picked up the call. It seemed Vera had a interesting bit of news.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:10 am

Niall looked back and forth between Z and... well, his communicator.

"I see." He said, his tone uncertain. "What exactly happened?"
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:32 am

"Ah, well, he tried to strangle himself with his own clothes, Captain."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:42 am

The man Melv certainly liked to cause problems... He certainly should of shot him.

"Want me to take care of the mans transfer, Niall?"

"You really shouldn't be going to see him."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:03 am

Niall took a deep breath. "Yes. You're quite right. As I said yesterday, he and I have nothing more to say to each other."

He looked at Z for a long moment. "I want to thank you again for what you did yesterday. All of what you did. I went there intending to kill him. I'd rather hoped to, in fact. And afterwards, I considered it. Killing him anyway."

He took another deep breath. "But you helped me to remember who I am. And what I believe in." He gave the other man a slow nod. "You're a good friend, Zane."
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:12 am

"I know, and there are some out there that would call that weakness. The fact that you didn't. It's not though, not really, it's a strength to not take justice into your own hands. The rest of us weaker men, have to do what we can to put salve on out wounds." He glanced at, Niall.

"Don't let anyone convince you otherwise." He reached out his hand. "Can I see that communicator?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Slowly, Niall nodded. "I know. I have my convictions. And if I abandoned them because it was hard, did I even have them in the first place?" He grimaced. "It is a challenge, though. One I was happy to have assistance with."

He gave Zane a wry smile. "And I think you're a better man than you give yourself credit for."

Niall's eyebrows went up, but he handed over his communicator without another word.
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:23 pm

"So, uh, what do I do?" she said out loud on the other end of the line.
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:10 am

Z gave Niall a slight smile but didn't respond, taking the communicator that was offered his way.

"I can come by and help you transfer the man, Vera. If you don't mind that." Z said into the communicator.

"When would be a good time?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:11 am

"Oh hey, Zanebry. Just give me a call. I'm just prepping for the operation right now."
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:29 am

"Hey, Babe. I'll give you a call, it may not be until tomorrow though. I've got a day full of things to do."

"Just try to put him under sedation or something until then." A butt of a rifle to knock him out would do,

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:46 am

"Alright, if you say so." She sighed. "What did my sister ever see in this guy? Well, another time."
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:59 am

"Thank you." Niall said again.

He grimaced. "I imagine at this point, we have plenty on him. If he's one of Eralynn's lieutenants, they've been committing enough war crimes to lock him up for a good long time. As well as my sister's murder." He sighed. "And... that's enough. I won't deny that part of me wants blood, but..." He spread his hands. "-we do not need to define ourselves by our darker impulses. We can choose better."
Niall Organa

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics