Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

[D8 LE] Finding a Fixer

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:33 am

Jax sat in the Midnight's common area messing with his datapad just reading up on stuff. However he was only half focused on what he was reading, Jax had had a busy day from going to the hospital, to meting with Zane and going to the shrine and meeting the monks he was just relaxing a bit as he waited for a particular droid to find his ship so they could discuss possible recruitment as the Midnight could use an excellent mechanic and a droid would be a good candidate as they didn't consume supplies.

For now though he idly sat on the couch and flipped through news articles while he waited.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Re: [D8 LE] Finding a Fixer

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:36 am

It had been a busy day so far. R4 rolled into the Hangar, wondering what ze's final choice would be. This would be ze's 2nd recruitment meeting of the day. It would need to be seen what would be the best option.

Seeing Jax sitting, the droid gave a brief boop to announce ze's presence. *Greetings Jax.*
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

Jetpack attached, long range comlink installed. Lockpicks inside chassis.

Speaks only in binary and beeps and whistles. Speech indicated by *speech*
R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:44 am

Jax stood "Ah hello R4OXY, hows it going?" the man seemed to be in much higher spirits than the previous day that R4 had encountered him. His smile was full and welcoming. "Thanks for coming by. Hows your day going?"
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:46 am

The droid identified this as small talk. It seemed somehow integral to organic life interactions, for some reason. *My day has been optimal. I have met individuals and had an adequate battery charge cycle.*

There was a brief pause and then the droid remembered the next piece of the algorithm for small talk.

*What of your own? Has it been satisfactory?*
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:52 am

Jax smirked "It has been....busy." he stated finally.

"Well lets get right too it, I know you value efficiency so I don't want to waste your time." he paused a second and took a sip of his drink "I want you to join this crew or at least gauge your interest in doing such. I still need to go over it with my crew but we could use a droid of your skill on this ship Azura does her best with the stuff but she isn't a mechanic." he spoke succinctly and to the point.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:50 am

The droid gave a positive beep. *I appreciate your forthright nature. Yours is the 2nd offer I am considering at this time. I have been offered a percentage and the option to have first rights to any salvage or scrap. Would you be capable of making a better offer?*

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:56 am

Jax nodded "what kind of percentage were you offered?" he asked curious as to what her offer had been "as for the salvage I think we could handle you getting first pick of the loot so to speak you likely will be able to do the most with it."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:29 am

The droid beeped out a series of numbers, then paused. *A 50/50 split, if I show myself to be up to his standards as a fellow crewbeing.*

It was more than R4 had ever truly dreamed of. Ze had never thought anyone would even consider hiring them, like the organics did and ze would likely have been picked up and pressed into service by the first enterprising smuggler.

Perhaps this was the algorithimically sound day for ze's self, as the organics say.

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:37 am

Jax made a thinking face "unfortunately I can't match that offer as I have another full crew member I can't offer you 50% of the cut the best I can do is 20% to start off as a sort of trial period and then if you do well we keep you around and you get an even share as the rest of us. 1/3 of the crew share." he said calmly it was pretty much the best offer he could make and he knew Azura would throw a fit but the droid would make their lives much easier. "Not sure if there is anything I could do to even the offer out. Just one of the downsides of working with a bigger crew more hands that need money."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:46 am

The droid boops out a response. *That is understandable. Is there anything else compelling about your vessel or the missions you undertake? I am unclear as to the manner of work you usually engage in.*

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:29 am

"Well this is a freighter and as such we typically do transport jobs mostly supply runs and deliveries sometimes breaking blockades if we are looking for a few more credits but its more dangerous. Not everything we transport is exactly legal but we don't do slaves. ever. that's my rule, that and we only kill if absolutely necessary which is almost never."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:16 am

The droid bobbed ze's chassis. *That is optimal. I would not wish to be part of a ship that dealt with slaves. Choice is paramount for sentient beings.*

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:28 am

Jax nodded "it's not a flashy operation but having someone around that's good at putting the old girl back together again would be welcome. It would mostly be repair work and occasionally modification once we start getting ship funds up enough to buy the bells and whistles I want." He sat back and sipped his drink "you'd be entitled to your own quarters, no contract stay as long as you like, if we don't jive we'll be happy to drop you wherever you'd like."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:35 am

That arrangement had some pleasing aspects to it. Less pay but more flexibility. *Could I ask a diurnal cycle to process the matter? I see many compelling possibilities in both offers I have received and would need time to calculate the most optimal choice.*

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:42 am

Jax smiled leaving a bit of the charm out as he imagined it wouldn't be useful in these negotiations. "Of course take as long as you need. We're going to be on this planet for a bit longer as long as I have an answer before we lift off I'll be happy."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:46 am

The droid bobs ze's chassis in an approximation of a nod. *Then I will endeavor to have an answer to you in an efficient time frame. Is there any other questions you have of me?*

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:50 am

Jax thought for a bit "what's your goal?" He asked "like in general do you have something you are working towards?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:24 am

That...was a complex question. *I wish to...see more of known space. I have spent a great deal of my time in one location. I wish to see more. I am...curious.*

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 am

Jax smiled "Not much unlike myself then. If you stick with us I promise you'll see a huge variety of known space. we do jobs from the center of the core to the furthest reaches of the outer rim. Even pulled a few jobs that took us out into uncharted space." he said with plain sincerity not being boastful.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:14 am

*That sounds intriguing. Are there any other droids aboard? Or primarily organic life?*

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:23 am

Jax shook his head "right now its just myself an Azura on board. You'll be the first droid to ever work aboard the ship."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:56 am

The droid booped an affirmative. *Do you have accessible charging ports aboard?*

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:42 am

Jax Nodded "the freighter has a droid charging port in the cargo bay and one around that corner." he says pointing to another side of the common area "The previous owner had a few droid crew members I suppose." he said with a shrug "you have permission to relocate a port to the quarters you are assigned to if you wish."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby R4OXY » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:29 pm

The droid bobbed. *That might be optimal. Being in a hallway can be inconvenient at times.* R4 looked around. *I would like to see more of the ship. Would this be optimal?*

R4OXY

Postby Jax Dolross » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:31 pm

"sure thing." he said rising and beginning the tour "These are the crew quarters, we have 6 rooms that's mine and that's Azura's you would have your pick of these." he said with a sweeping gesture." Jax then proceeded to show R4 the cargo hold which was largely empty at the moment besides a few crates in a corner, the engineering area and the cockpit and gunner pit. It was all mostly standard except for the comfort upgrades but those would be largely useless to R4.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Next
Forum Statistics