Portable structures to do vehicle repairs.

Turtle and Dove! (D8, EA, Turtle)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:30 am

Returning to the hangar to check how her favorite Duros was doing, Lyseil as always stood out like a sore thumb amongst the majority of people in this part of the base. That perfectly pristine Panteer-uniform, her hair smooth and shiny, and no grease or oil on her hands.

"Hello~?" she greeted cheerfully as she came up to the Turtle again.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Re: Turtle and Dove! (D8, EA, Turtle)

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:49 am

The Chiss stood out from his cockpit, going thru his datapad thru the monthly expenditures. Loss of a crewmate did reduce the wages received, of course, but adding on the Duros was not a cheap expenditure by any means. The ship never had a consistent mechanic before, and while he brought out great potential within the ship, he also would eventually bring out a large cost. So hitting up the scrap heap was the wisest move on his part.

Already proving he was worth the paycheck.

Outside of the the ship, a familiar woman appeared on the comms for the ship. The attitude of the voice was whimsical, almost like it belonged to someone who really did not belong on the battlefield.

Please don't let it be that woman from the corpse mission... He sighs, looks outside, and sure enough it's her. "Just a moment." He announces on the outside comms. He placed his datapad to the side and went outside to the ship itself. "Oh yes...it's you. Sgt. Panteer or something, right? What can we help you with?"
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Equipment: Concealed Weapons, Commlink, Stimpack
Nudimsu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:14 pm

The chipper sergeant gave a thumbs up as Nudimsu told her to wait a moment, and was all smiles and sunshine as the Chiss captain came to greet her. "Yes-yes, sergeant Lyseil Panteer. It was mr... uh..." a quick glance to her datapad, "mr. Prirnu'dim'suazzo! Good to meet you under better circumstances."

She cleared her throat to preemptively stop herself from getting derailed. "I'm looking for Hacha Tsuko. He was finishing up a job for me...?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:34 pm

He gave a long stare at her pronouncing his full name, butchering every single important annunciation of the tone. It was like nails on a chalkboard, but he held his tongue. Not everyone would have bothered to attempt it; they lacked the proper vocal cords. At least she tried. He sighs deeply, and smiles at her, remembering that it also brings assurance to humans to say something while doing it. "Nudimsu will do, please. I won't let you hurt yourself trying to give my full name again, much as I appreciate the effort."

He takes a deep breath and glances. "Yes, it's better to meet while the living surround us. You did decent work out there, Sergeant." Offering praise put people at ease. "Hacha is inside his room. You can go in, if you wish."
Prirnu'dim'suazzo| Chiss | Pilot | Sneaky Sneaky | Not a Hugger | Pilot of the Turtle

Nudimsu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:48 pm

Her smile turned a bit more sheepish. "Ah... I will remember that, Nudimsu. Cheunh is... rather difficult to pronounce, I've noticed. I can read it rather well, though." Not that Cheunh was a widely used language in the Republic either, and she'd never actually met someone before he spoke it.

"We all did," she offered with a kind tone and smile. "It was a solid group effort and we couldn't have managed it without such good people like yourself."

Her head tilted back slightly as she looked up at the ship, then back again to Nudimsu. "Inside the ship? I've never been inside the Turtle before. How about a tour, captain?" Lyseil suggested brightly.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Hacha Tsuko » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 pm

On the door to Hacha's room is a sign quickly scrawled in Basic.

I'm out salvaging at the Resistance Base today. They have the best junk.

P.S. If the bubbly human Sgt. comes back, her pistol is on the desk inside. It's a kriffing work of art now that I'm done with it!~

--------------------
Hacha Tsuko | Tech Modder | Cyberbrain Implant | Flechette Rifle | Turtle's Mechanic
"You got something that needs fixing? No? Haha, that's adorable. Stand back and let me work."
Languages Spoken: Basic, Duro
Character Sheet
Hacha Tsuko

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:19 pm

"It's not your fault your species lacks what it needs to say it properly. Still, take the last two letters of the House name, Prirnu, my given name, Dim, and the first two letters of my Family name, Suazzo. Do that for every Chiss name you see. " He looks back to the ship, then to her. "Command should always take credit for their role they played in their missions, Sergeant. You had authority, you deserve the credit." It wasn't a nod to her personality, but Chiss understood the important of authority, as well as rank. "As they should give praise to those who aided in it. So thank you."

He looked back at the ship again, and gave a small sigh, seeing no one else was coming out. "I...suppose I could. He motions to the door and . "Please, enter."

Nudimsu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:40 pm

EA8 - What will the Force Show Me? (Foresee Basic Power): 2eF 2 Dark Side
ImageImage (Not spending the Dark Side Pips)

Durasay was sitting in the galley, his eyes closed as he focused. The disturbance in the Force that morning had put him in an uneasy state of mind. His brow furrowed, trying to reach through with the Force, but clouded, and full of danger, was all he got. A slight bead of sweat upon his forehead, the Pantoran opened his eyes, wiping his brow. His fingers wrapped around the cup of kaff before him, sipping from it, trying to...

Well, not really trying to push the darkness away.
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)
Languages: Basic, Huttese, Mando'a, Pantoran

"We won't leave anyone behind."
Durasay Mixo

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:51 pm

That sounds a tad condescending! Lyseil thought as Nudimsu said 'your species', but she was too polite to show any displeasure with it. Besides, if Chiss had different vocal chords than humans, it was just stating a fact, right!

"Thank you kindly," she said politely, seeming to be just short of a curtsy or bow in her response. Stepping inside, she glanced around with curiosity. It was already very different than the Three Drinks! "Isn't it cramped to have so many people live on one ship like this?" she asked Nudimsu by using her princess-powers to keep the conversation going.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 pm

"We can house at least 5 comfortably. 8 at the most for transportation. People can stay in our cargo bay if there is enough concern over it." It wasn't much of a thing to him; he never had to worry over it. "They recently rebuilt a lot of the interior, as you may know, so I'm still getting used to everything myself. We had a pretty hard entrance into the planet, after all." He motions to the cockpit. "It's all standard otherwise. We have a sound system to help us keep in focus; keeps your mind off the the stress of combat." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small rod, pushing a button. Some light jizz began to spring out around the cockpit and across the ship.

"It's helps one focus. Or good with caff in the morning." He notes, moving forward. "I suppose the galley is next."

Nudimsu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:54 pm

Lyseil looked around with interest as the music played. "Ah, yes-yes, I read the report on how you and your crew broke the blockade. Very impressive! Especially how the ship has been repaired so well too!"

What's a galley anyway? Why does everything need new names on a ship?! "Lead the way, captain!" If there was a picture in the dictionary for bubbly enthusiasm, Lyseil had probably posed for it. "Oh, I trust the upgrades are coming along well? Hacha told me about the weapon upgrades he was doing and seeing how vital the ship had been in breaking the blockade I made sure all the paperwork related to it got through with no fuss!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 pm

He turns his head around. He didn't expect her to be someone who could appreciate the importance of proper paperwork and regulation. She could slowly start to grow on her...if not for that perky attitude. "Yes, we're still doing some field tests on the cannon, but it does appear to be an incredible success. Next time we come across a Mandalorian cruiser, we'll be ready." And they won't know what hit them when they let out that cannon.

He moves around into the galley of the ship, entering it and seeing another blue companion next to him. "Ahh, Durasay. Didn't realize you were aboard." He did, flashing his eyes widely at him while his back was turned to her, portraying a sense of urgency in his eyes. He wasn't sure what to do in this social setting other than show her around.

"This is Sgt. Panteer, she had some business with Hacha and wanted to inspect our ship along the way. I'm sure you've at least Durasay around here at this point, what with his speeches he gives quite regularly."

Nudimsu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:28 pm

"We've been introduced, Nudimsu." Durasay stood, as manners dictated, an easy going smile on his face. "Sergeant. Good to see you again." The cross flap of his military uniform tunic casually undone, the hint of the black bodyglove beneath it. He stepped away from the table, holding his cup of kaff. "Well, I don't know if they're with regularity. Just when necessary, Nudimsu."

The tall Pantoran regarded the pair, not really thinking anything else of it. "She's no Republic Cruiser, but the Turtle has it where it counts, Sergeant. I doubt you'll find a finer vessel amongst the irregulars."
Pantoran | Peacekeeper | Senator | Commanding Presence | Field Commander | Tough | Enhanced Leader | Strong in the Force
Carries: Paired Heavy Blaster Pistols w/ Bantha Eye Lasersight | Vibrosword (+1 Melee Defense) | Utility Belt with gear | Heavy Battle Armor (1/1 Defense)

Durasay Mixo

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Inspection? I just asked for a tour... Oh well, she might as well play the part of inspector too! Did they make inspections with the ships that weren't Republic property, she wondered?

"A pleasure, senator! Just a shame we didn't get a proper chance to socialize the last time, but I'm very glad to know I did the right in calling you to help negotiate with Vando Nee," she gave a bright and appriciative smile to the tall Pantoran. Goodness. Is this ship occupied by tall blue people?! I think the senator is a head taller than father! "Lyseil Panteer of House Panteer of Alderaan. And yes, also sergeant." The proper introduction was as much to Nudimsu as it was to Durasay.

"It's quite the interesting crew the Turtle has too, it seems. A senator, Mandalorians, free-contractors? The crew is an important part of the vessel, after all, and yours are certainly a unique bunch!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:26 pm

Maybe then Durasay knew how to deal with her, since they had actions before. She just seemed...really nice. It wasn't in a good way, either. How could one have such a attitude while being attacked? Was she trying to be disillusioned with what was going on? Maybe people of her House were good at raising moral support or--Oh wait, she's from a House "Oh, you're of a House?" Things began to become eerily similar to him. Not that Alderaan's Houses were on the same level of Chiss, of course. "Interesting. What does your House do?" Everyone had their roles in society within his or her own House, and it could be assumed that hers was no different.

It would explain how she actually knew some of his language; nobles tended to have to deal with delegations, especially during wartime. Having the Chiss deal with the Empire offered them a true ace in their sleeve on that table.

"Did not know your homeworld also established that sort of political structure."

Nudimsu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 pm

"Well, yes, Alderaan is ruled by the noble Houses. Many of them trace their lineage back to the founders and the first settlers," the Chiss captain's sudden interest caught her a bit unawares, but Lyseil was always happy to accomodate with chatting. "Alderaan is a hereditary monarchy, but we're also a democracy when it comes to governing - some would say we were the most influental in the shaping of the Republic's senate and system of government."

Lyseil's chin lifted with some pride. "House Panteer is the ruling royal house of Alderaan and has been so for generations. As a Panteer, I represent Alderaan's support of Bankor in these difficult times."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nudimsu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:18 pm

He knew of their power structure and influence within the Republic; no Chiss could ignore that when dealing with the network of information about them. The small matters, however, were of little concern compared to their influence over the Republic, at least to him anyways. The democratic aspects of Chiss society, however, was slightly different. The Legislative Branch of the Chiss was more Parliamentary and democratic, yes. However, when it came down to it, the Council of Families allowed the equal of representation of each Family, not thru the whilms of small-minded people, but thru one's own achievements to belong to it. All the Families were represented, after all, thru their leaders.

No one high ruling family existed. Officially, at least.

"Well then. I did not realize I spoke with royalty." That would explain the 'Princess' nickname he had heard in passing.

Nudimsu

Postby Durasay Mixo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 pm

"Anything to help the cause, Sergeant." He nodded in response to Lyseil, then watched as Nudimsu revealed his curiosity about Alderaan Noble Houses. Durasay stood there, allowing a hand to rest at his chin, as he watched the pair. A slight shrug, he slowly moved to join the conversation a bit closer, looking between the two. "It's refreshing that it's more than just the central bureaucracy of the Republic that is sending support, but the individual member planets. It is a good sign for the people of Bankor to see, that they have many friends in their Republic Membership."

Durasay Mixo

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 pm

Lyseil tried not to think about the strain on her neck as she looked up at the blue giants as the conversation carried on. "Of course. The Republic remains strong by showing eachother support in time of need, senator," she agreed with a bright smile.

It was kind of hard not to have that chin-high posture common among nobles when she had to look up.

"It's my understanding that the Chiss likewise have a government ruled by something similar to noble-houses, yes-yes? That must be very different from the elected Pantoran Assembly?" she glanced between the two blue men.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nudimsu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:26 am

The patting each other back talk continued on as he stood there and blankly listened to it. After which she brought up about his species; a subject he loved to talk about.

"It is." He notes with a smile. "My cousins may be similar to us in appearance, but that is where similarities end. Our Houses tend to also go thru more of, shall we say, a waxing and waning fashion. Some rise in prominence as others just as quickly fall to ruin. It's fluid and evolves over time according to the needs of the Ascendency. None of its power is ever guaranteed from birth, nor are the successors of the House a given nature. Sometimes it will be a large amount of Family's at the head, other times, barely a few will take control. It's all to whom will bring the largest benefit of their House and Family as the needs arise for the Ascendency."

The notion of royalty was an antiquated one; that your greatness was destined just because of whom spawned you was not a very Chiss way to perceive the world; it never allowed for things to evolve on its own. "It truly is a brilliant way of going about it, I would say. Though, I've never been much for politics."

Mostly why he was here instead of on Csilla.

Nudimsu

Forum Statistics