Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: Old fashioned (Day 1 Mid Night)

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:26 pm

"Ah I mean I run mostly in the core worlds Coruscant, Corellia, ect. But I've been all over the outer rim, don't like to limit myself and always like seeing new places."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:59 pm

"Mostly in republic space then?" Zane asked casually, taking a slow sip from his glass. "Well that and Hutt space, if you've done the Outer Rim."

"Still, seems like you get around."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:08 pm

"that's where most of my contacts are so yeah mostly republic space. Every once in a while I catch wind of something that takes me to some lesser trafficked areas of space but that's more an exception than the rule. I do my best to find new stuff, plus the exotic jobs usually pay quite a bit better."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:25 pm

He nodded. "I can understand that, hard to find work if no one knows you. So staying near your contacts are important."

"You said you knew someone here though? I assume it's someone in the military then?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:34 pm

he nodded "Yeah Captain Hern is the one who reached out to me to come to Bankor we were both lieutenants when I was still a military fly boy. Were pretty good friends flew together a few times but didn't keep up much after I left. I still have a handful of others I know around here, the senator and I go back a few years in fact haven't seen him in awhile though, discouraging to hear that he burned a friend of yours."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:43 pm

"Captain Hern, good person to know in a pinch I take it?" He hadn't heard of them but he filed the name away regsrdless. Someone who would invite a known smuggler to a war zone was of interest to say the least.

"I suppose it's easy to get to know people in the military. Though some might not end up being the folks you thought you knew. At least after they leave it." He offered in response to the man's comments about the senator.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:06 am

"Well she came through for me once or twice before I retired but I'm learning that lesson about changes more and more it seems time isn't kind to many people especially in my lines of work." The offer from Hern still rang in his head, seemed her neat corners had gotten a bit rougher over time the Hern he knew would never suggest what she had asked him to do though it did make her invitation make more sense.

"Its a rough galaxy out there, not everyone gets to stay clean." he gets a bit quiet "gotta do what you gotta do to survive sometimes." he said taking a long drink

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 am

"I don't think time is kind to most people, honestly I think it's trying to kill most of us." Z responded his tone jovial.

"I don't really like those words, dirty and clean... they're far too black and white for the reality of everything." He smirked. "You can't paint the galaxy in just two colors."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:52 am

"ha that it is I suppose and it succeeds eventually." he smirked back "true enough there are degrees and excuses and rationals to any action, everyone is the hero of their own story, well at least most people think they are." he said matching Zane's tone. "So what do you think of this little war we've ended up in?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:33 am

"I haven't seen enough of it to have a honest opinion." Zane replied with a shrug. "The Mandolorians aren't a easy enemy to deal with though."

"Means we are likely to see a lot of bloodshed." He eyed the other man. "So it would likely be wise to keep a eye on your girl. She seems like she's been through a number if fights, but it's my thought that things here are going to get really ugly before it's all done."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:41 am

Jax nodded "Azura is more than capable of handling herself, usually more so than I am but she has a hot head and is quick to start a fight. I worry for the day she bites off a bit more than she can chew. I agree with you from what i've seen these mandos are vicious and strong if their soldiers are as good as their pilots we have a long fight ahead of us."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:29 am

He chuckled lightly. "I wasn't talking about whether she could handle herself Jax. But, that's not for me to worry about."

The man in the hat took another sip of his drink before filling his glass from his flask. "So, what did you fly for the Republic? Back when you were a lieutenant."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:04 am

Jax furrowed his brow slightly not 100% sure what the man meant but quickly shook his head and his easy smile found it's way back to his face. "Well I started off like most doing transports and such while I was learning, got bumped up to fighters about a year later did those for a bit distinguished in combat got a squad a few years later left the fighters to do rescue and recovery before retiring after doing that for a few months. A true bright flame career big and shiny but over in a flash."

He looked at Z "What about you, what did you do in the military?"

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:26 am

"I shot people." He offered with a easy smile. It was the truth of it after all. "In other words I was a common solider, the boots on the ground. Did that until I waa tired of it, then left in pursuit of other things."

"A lot better whiskey and women in other places, as it were."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:41 am

that got a small laugh from the man sitting next to Z "That much is true though I've seen some pretty good women sporting the blue of the republic since I've been here but the alcohol thing is bantha's eye." he leans a bit closer to Z "you know you seem like good people, I have a full case of corellian whiskey in my hold so while we are here let me know if your personal stores get a little low." he says with a smile as he leans back "Well that is if Azura doesn't drink it all behind my back."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:52 am

"I'll let you know." Zane replied with a easy smile, not that it would ever come to that. "She does seem like the type of lady that likes her drink." He mused with a small smile. "As you noticed she hit me up for a bit from one of my flasks earlier in the day."

"I'm a bit surprised she doesn't carry a flask or two herself, now that I think about it."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 pm

"Bad idea, she's a pretty aggressive person and that doesn't get any better if she drinks too much." Jax said with a little chuckle. "But glad to see she is making friends."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 pm

"I'll remember that." He offered with a wry smile. Though it honestly seemed like the man was half pushing his problems on others. At the friend comment Z shrugged. "She seems an alright sort, not sure we've hit friends yet tgough."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:35 pm

"That she is." he said with a little smile "Ah man you usually up this late?" Jax asked with a little stretch.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:24 pm

"Usually." Z replied with a light laugh.

"Seems like it's a bit odd for you though, heading out?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:06 pm

"Probably pretty soon, I don't usually turning early or anything but I am usually in bed before this hour. Unfamiliar area and such makes me a bit restless."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:32 pm

"Understandable." Z replied with a easy smile. "Probably doesn't help that this particular unfamiliar area is a warzone."

"Just make sure to sleep with one ear open."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:09 am

Jax smirked at that "true enough, hard to relax knowing those mandos could launch an assault at any moment. And don't worry I don't think I could fall into a deep sleep if I wanted to at those point. Woke up with a blaster or vibro blade in my face one too many times."
Last edited by Jax Dolross on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:56 am

"I think once, is one too many times when it comes to that." Z replied, a bit surprised the man had ever let someone get so close. "I suppose running into stuff like that is the nature of the job though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:31 am

"Yeah I may have been a bit more naive when I first started, it didn't happen often but I learned pretty quick to keep my walls up, not trust so easy." he smirked a bit "Some lessons are just learned the hard way i guess."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics