Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

[D2 ME] Passing the bar

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:58 am

Sabine was sitting at the bar this time, nursing the cheap beer she was allowed, mulling on.... things. Not quite at the comfortable buzz yet, she was getting there. Very slowly.
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Re: [D2 ME] Passing the bar

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:07 am

It was a shoddy bar, but it was a bar, and so Z was drawn to it, like a moth to flame. Sliding up to the bar alongside, the attractive purple haired woman, he signaled the bartender. "Could I get a glass, with a pair of rocks." He asked as the man made his way over.

When the glass was set before him, Zane would pull out a flask and pour a measure of amber liquid inside, before turning his eyes towards the woman to his side and offering her a smile. "Evening." He offered pleasantly.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:08 am

"Evening si-." She managed to bite off the sir at the last part. She was off duty. "A man of taste, I see. And vices." She smirked. She met quite a few men like him in her past. "Native or passing by?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:19 am

He let out a light chuckle at that. "I suppose I am at that, though I'd also point out everyone has a vice, most just aren't obvious about it." Zane replied setting the flask, on the table, in easy reach of the young lady, before picking up his glass. "To answer your question though, passing through. Or as close to it as helping out with this assault can be called."

"I'd return the question, but your choice in beer more or less answers it. How is the swill they are trying to pass off as alcohol? Still awful?"
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:32 am

Sabine eyed the drink, but gently shook her head. "Off duty, but not that off." She raised the bottle and eyes it. "Rough, but strong. Farmlands stuff. That's kind of the same everywhere, I feel."She shrugged, her arms and shoulders betraying some muscle. "Well, I hope you didn't stop cause you were shot down?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:45 am

"Pull a night watch then?" He asked, as he watched her, finally bringing his glass to his lips to take a sip. "Well, it seems they moved up at least a little then. At least from the last time I was drinking it."

"Well, that or gotten something local." Z followed that up with a smirk. "No, not shot down, though I heard we had a few craft go down."

"I'm Zanebry, by the way. Feel free to call me Zane."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:49 am

"Something local I believe. We might trade supplies for it?" She shrugged again. "No night watch, but who knows, especially with the recent deaths." She put her bottle down solemnly. "Just what we needed."

She extended her right arm towards him. "Sabine. Sergeant Sabine Kryze, republic military." She didn't hide a thing, she was used to it now. "I heard, quite unfortunate. No major injuries, I believe?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:19 am

"Yeah..." He offered with a grimace. "That Hutt must of passed just before morning,if it's the one I'm thinking of. Though I wonder what he was doing off in the city at that hour." Likely something criminal. "Whatever it was it didn't seem to help matters."

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Sabine, though if we're being formal, I should say I'm Zanebry Varliss, Captain of the Three Drinks, not that the title holds any kind of actual rank." He replied, extending his black gloved hand to shake hers, if he worried any about her name, he didn't show it. "Not that I heard, but I didn't look into to it too deeply if I'm honest.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:21 am

"Well, if I ever visit the Three Drinks, I'll make sure to respect your authority captain. Decent name. Not a stripper name, thank the Force." She smiled, mostly to herself as she took another swig.

"He was a Hutt. I assume nothing good." She shrugged. "Hopefully the repercussions will die down quickly. Besides, this is war, casualties happen, unfortunately." She put her bottle down onto the bar once again. "So, you came here out of the good of your heart?" There was no accusation in her voice, just curiosity.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:36 am

"Let me know, you'll be welcome." He replied with a easy smile. "I'll even have a beer to offer you instead of whiskey." Her later comment caused him to raise a eyebrow. "Seen a lot of ships with stripper names?"

Her question elicited a shrug. "I didn't have anything better to do,so I figured might as well." It but another tally in his book of good deeds, well probably. "Course I figured I might know a few people that ended up stationed here as well, so I thought it polite to stop by, try and make sure they stay out of trouble."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:40 am

"Not just ships, but a lot of people seem to name all of their weapons, and armor, and blades and ships with all kinds of names. Usually stripper names." She shrugged, and started playing with the bottle, drawing circles around it with her fingers. "Sounds like you have a lot of free time to come to a warzone to say hi." She smiled. "Been to Bankor before?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:23 pm

There was a short pause.... "I'm almost curious at what it is exactly you consider a stripper name." He really hadn't noticed anything like that himself. Swirling the glass in his hand he took another sip. "Well, I am retired." He offered at last.

"Retired people are supposed to have a lot of free time, aren't they? But no, never been to Bankor, there are plenty of places out there like it though."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:51 pm

"Jo, Jill, Venus, Mercury, Sheila, Stephanie, Esther, Eugene, Mirella..." she started listing off hte names on her hand? "Oh, retired? You look young to be retired." She smiled playfully. "Must have been a nice job, I guess. And this is how you spend your retirement then?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:11 pm

"Almost sounds like every ladies name that isn't yours belongs to a stripper." He teased in return, a wry smile on his lips. "It was a pretty interesting job, kept me busy at the very least. Heck, I even miss it from time to time. But yeah, this is how I spend my time, traveling around, visiting interesting places, chatting to attractive young ladies I meet in bars."

'I do get shot at a bit, and occasionally people try to poison me, or blow me up... It's not so bad though all things considered. Exciting if nothing else."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:13 pm

"I am not ruling out dad named me after a stripper." She raised a finger to emphasize the fact. "Knowing him, more than probably." She smiled, though a bit sadly.

"Sounds like a fun job... pays out decent retirement, I guess?" She asked and kept toying with her beer. She blushed slightly at the attractive descriptor... not something she was used to. "Poison? People must really want you dead."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:30 pm

"If it's any consolation, it doesn't sound like a strippers name to me. Though I admit to not being a expert on the subject, I've never really found the need to visit." Though he had kind of dated one for a while, now that he thought about it.

He watched her as she played with the bottle, wondering if he was making her nervous. "Not particularly, but it's not hard to make a living if you know what you're doing, and I have a ship so it's not like I need to pay rent." He placed his glass on the table, and reached up a hand to scratch at his beard. "It's not always me they want dead, usually someone I'm helping out. Doesn't mean I don't end up as a victim from time to time."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Sabine smiled. "You sound like a good man." She offered, then shrugged. "My name is my name, too used to it to change now." She narrowed her eyes at him, though her tone was playful. "What is your expertise, Z?" she asked curiously.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:48 pm

"I'm not really. But, I try to be, just don't expect too much from me. I fail at it quite often." At least as far as he was concerned.

"That depends, on just why you're asking, Sabine." He returned, a playful smile on his lips. "You looking for someone for a job? Or to teach you how to dance?"

"I could likely help with both."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Zanebry Varliss wrote:"I'm not really. But, I try to be, just don't expect too much from me. I fail at it quite often." At least as far as he was concerned.

"That depends, on just why you're asking, Sabine." He returned, a playful smile on his lips. "You looking for someone for a job? Or to teach you how to dance?"

"I could likely help with both."

"Oh? Well, I'm terrible at sober dancing, to be fair." She smiled, then glanced away, shrugging again. "Just curious. Since you're here, figure it's know in case I need any help. Haven't been able to catch up with Captain Organa since touching ground unfortunately, so not sure if we have any specific objectives, but I hope to just help the locals and drive the crazy out, hopefully."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:55 pm

"Well if you ever want lessons in sober dancing, let me know... is be more then happy to help." Z said with a easy smile.

"As to the later part, I'm fairly good with a blaster, and information gathering and the like." He lifted his glass to his lips. "I've worked with Niall a bit in the past as well, so he can tell you a bit about what I'm good at."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:45 pm

"OH? You know the Captain?" She seemed genuinely surprised by that.

"Well... I might give it a try somehow, but I'll see." She listened as he listed off his skills and took a swig from the swill. "Those all sound like useful skills."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:55 pm

"Aye, I do." Z offered with a slight smile. "He's a bit of a geek, and likes action movies too much, but he's a good guy." He pursed his lips. "He needs a girlfriend though."

"Never hurts to have more skills at your disposal, you're a sergeant after all. Who knows when you might be invited to something formal." Z replied with a playful smile. "But yeah, I try to be a pretty useful type of guy.:

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:55 am

Sabine quickly raised her hands. "I wouldn't know about that. I just serve with him." She was a tad defensive perhaps, but nothing too extreme.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. As a useful type of guy, do you know anything about our opposition, or Bankor itself, that might be missing from our briefings?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:31 am

He laughed lightly at that. "I wasn't suggesting you Sabine, you're a bit too cute for him." He added, with a playful wink. Technically the man already had a girlfriend anyways, Z just felt he should move along... Probably.

"Can't say I know much about Bankor, but that doesn't mean I can't remedy that. As for our enemy, I figured you would know more then enough on your own, being a Mandolorian. If you're asking though..." He brought his drink to his lips thinking it over before he spoke. "Most of what I know is general knowledge, and a little bit of things I've picked up over the years. Typically you meet two types of them. One, those that believe in the code, the Resol'nare, that honor it, will die for it, and those that pay lip service to it."

"Most of the one's we find out there will be the latter, here to win glory, win fortunes,and to prove their superiority. The type that will try to force a mother into being a suicide bomber, to save her children. Nasty business that, and a tactic employed by Clan Varad, a blood thirsty lot, who I know are on this planet.'

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:50 am

Sabine blushed again, then turned to her drink. "Sure." She soon engaged with the other topic. "Well, I only knew my father and he... was between the two? He believed in the code when he was younger, but things changed. He changed. Not for the better." There was a mix of disdain and sadness in her voice as she spoke of his memories. "So don't know much about them.... Clan Varad seems like a bunch of kriffing assholes."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Next
Forum Statistics