Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: Kai'tome [LA2]

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:34 am

Sabine continued gooping the spoon. Erm, spooning the goop. You know, eating.

"Criticism is hard, and people are stubborn." She smirked. "Force knows I am not perfect." She titled her head as she listened to his speech. "Well, our world right now? Sucks. It's terrible. That's why I want to make it better." She took a sip of the water, appreciating the taste of chemicals in it. "I guess I can support an independent Mando'ade, but I'm just worried we'd end up being the raiders and bullies we can be. Hell, we are." She waved towards outside the door, to the suspected Kryze camp. "Besides, it seems it's hard for us to be in the same room without punching each other. Not you and me, but... you know. The Kryze, the Kelborn, the Ordo."

She glanced down at her plate, only a little of the goop remaining. She put her spoon down, and turned her full attention to the bearded man. "I am under no illuson that I can choose who I help. But that doesn't mean I can't try. I can doubt my skills, my purpose... but what good will it do? Will I do better if I second guess every person I meet? No. I'll do my best, and I'll hope that others will heed my example and help others. Even if my name is forgotten, if someone's life is better down the line, even if it's a greedy jerk... I did something. I can go into ethical calculus, but it won't help me actually." She shrugged. "At least that is how I feel about it."
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:14 pm

"I don't think the world has ever been better or worse. On average, it has probably been the same. But I think it's fine to believe in some progress, so I guess I can respect that." He nodded. "We're a quarrelsome and violent lot, though. There are reasons not to like it, though I think it's not all bad. At least our leaders have to work harder to get us all on board for anything as we don't follow things blindly or suffer fools gladly. But I'd be more scared by a world in which everybody agree."

He finished his meal and put the plate to the side."I still think we need to be able to decide for ourselves as Mando'ade to give our leaders that chance to sort things out." He pulled on his beard gently. "I had an argument with Corso before coming here. I don't agree with him on several things, but Resol'nare does not oblige me to. Still, I wish him the best in rising up to the challenge. Doesn't matter I'll personally make it easy."
Last edited by Oddyn Vizsla on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:21 pm

Sabine listened, ignoring her food at this point. "I wouldn't worry about a world where we all agree on things. Quite unlikely at this point." She smirked in humor, before turning serious. "Besides Corso, who would you think of as leaders?" She asked curiously, listening. "I think a chance is fair... I just also wish we would spend more time building than fighting." A bitter smile showed up. "I guess that is one thing I cannot fault my uncle for... he has gunships, I don't."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:33 pm

"My sister Shae has a penchant for leading. House Vizsla is big and diverse, with Wrens and Saxons still answering to Papa Vizsla to an extent. But it's Corso who has led the campaign to restore the system so it's hard to question his leadership now." At the mention of Varo Kryze, he tensed a bit, but avoided speaking about him directly. He looked at Sabine with a bit of perplexity. "I might agree there, that it's good time for building industries now. It's been a while since any of us has seen a Bes'uliik on any battlefield."
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Sabine listened and nodded. "So Fett, Vizsla, Wren and Saxon are a power block." She seemed distracted as she spoke, probably filing away the information for herself. "A what now?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:05 pm

"Some Varads, some Kelborns. It doesn't go neatly along the clan lines." He added, then explained further. "We used to ride large semi-sentient war droids into battle, which were also our pets. Just a few centuries ago, until the Jedi forced us to destroy them after Malachor."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:"Some Varads, some Kelborns. It doesn't go neatly along the clan lines." He added, then explained further. "We used to ride large semi-sentient war droids into battle, which were also our pets. Just a few centuries ago, until the Jedi forced us to destroy them after Malachor."

Sabine smiled. "Well, there goes my hope of simply stereotyping the clans into neat little squares." She wanted to take another sip of water, noticing it''s now empty. She raised towards him. "Want another cup? And wow. That sounds cool."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:26 pm

"I'll bring us the pitcher. Unless it's a good time for one statutory beer." He chuckled as he rose. "Clans are important, but so are their members. In the end, we all make our own calls. Just like a Vizsla and a Kryze by this very table." He sighed wistfully. "Gar serim. If we could rebuild Bes'uliik, that'd be major."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:26 am

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:"I'll bring us the pitcher. Unless it's a good time for one statutory beer." He chuckled as he rose. "Clans are important, but so are their members. In the end, we all make our own calls. Just like a Vizsla and a Kryze by this very table." He sighed wistfully. "Gar serim. If we could rebuild Bes'uliik, that'd be major."

"Perhaps next time." She smiled. "I plan to get it one later, but want to get some errands done first." She let out a small laugh. "Well, we certainly made our choices, that much is true." She turned wistful as well. "I assume no blueprints survived, or anything like that?"
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:29 pm

"I don't know really. But in a big galaxy like ours it's really hard to wipe something out for good even if you have the Jedi Order trying to do so." He smirked at her laugh, then got the grab the pitcher. He sat back down quite lightly for the mass of his armour, then poured. "I guess we just need to keep looking around."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Oddyn Vizsla wrote:"I don't know really. But in a big galaxy like ours it's really hard to wipe something out for good even if you have the Jedi Order trying to do so." He smirked at her laugh, then got the grab the pitcher. He sat back down quite lightly for the mass of his armour, then poured. "I guess we just need to keep looking around."

"Hrm, well if I see any lying around, I'll let you know. That said, I'd appreciate some anti-air resources against the gunships. Would make our lives much easier." She poured some water from the pitcher for the both of them.
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:05 pm

"I'm good with launchers and mounted cannons, so let me know as well if you find some, then I can take down a gunship." He took a gulp. "And what's your weapon of choice?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:52 pm

"I'll run screaming to you if I see one." She said with humor. "Besides this trusty blade, I have a MK. II Paladin. A pretty nice blaster, with a built in stun prod." Her smile turned fond at the thought. "Mostly rifles, though this is my best gun so far."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:15 pm

"Good stuff, automatic and sturdy. I've seen it several times in officers' hands over the years." He nodded, but in good mood after picturing her running and screaming with a rocket launcher. "To cut on screaming, as memorable as it could be, how about we band up for the next combat mission? Soon it won't be as nice as it is here, and I'd rather have a vod have my back."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:48 pm

"We can do that." She shrugged. "I also have a long range comm. Let's share details and I can ping you if I need something big shot down." She smirked. "It's a nice gun, though a bit untested. Got it a little bit before my tour here."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:36 pm

"Better test it soon enough. Gar serim, we'll do as you say." He gobbled down the water. "It was a good talk, ner vod." He chuckled. "But after discussing guns, how a Mando chat can improve in any way? We'll talk again soon, right?" He looked straight at her with a small smile.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:59 am

"That's the plan definitely." She laughed out loud. "Well, we can always talk about armor too, but we should leave something for next time. Speak to you later Oddyn."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:29 am

"That's right." He returned a short laugh, then turned to leave. "Ret'urcye mhi."

/exit

Oddyn Vizsla

Previous
Forum Statistics