Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

[D4 EA] Never Too Old To Study

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:32 am

Tra sits by himself at a desk, looking through something on his datapad, and taking notes on it occasionally. He seems quite intent on what he's studying while he is focused on it, but makes sure to take time to look up and around at the others in the Rec Hall every few minutes. The older Kel Dor looks professional in his retired Republic officer's uniform, which is generally only worn for official functions as a special guest, but he has taken to wearing it all the time now since moving in to Aurek Hawk's barracks. A clear show of his support for the mission, but not quite the same as wearing the full uniform.
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Re: [D4 EA] Never Too Old To Study

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:43 am

Delmi sat at a nearby table with a small locket in her hand. She flipped it open and closed as she looked at the soldiers coming back from the front. She let out a small sigh as she closed it one last time and leaned back in her chair.

Catching eyes briefly the Kel Dor sitting diagonally across from her she nodded slightly in a simple greeting...
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:56 am

Having spent years as an officer, Tra was long since past any sense of embarrassment or shyness. When he made eye contact with someone he usually considered it enough reason to introduce himself. Rising from his seat and tucking his datapad under his arm he moved over to the young human woman and greeted her in a pleasant but formal manner.

"Good afternoon, miss," he says, the breathing mask causing his voice to be slightly muffled. Though years of speaking through it had taught him how to enunciate and use proper volume control to be clearly intelligible. "We've not yet been introduced. I am Tra Kize. A pleasure to meet you."
Neutral * Kel Dor * Scholar * Retired Republic Staff Officer * Commanding Presence * Resolute
Equipment: Long Range Comlink, Datapad, Light Blaster Pistol, Antitox Breath Mask, Heavy Clothing

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:00 am

She nodded again in return, “Name’s Delmi. Nice to meet ya.”
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:09 am

"So, what do you do for the task force Delmi?" he asks with a curious tone. Indicating a nearby seat, "And you don't mind if I sit do you? The bones get creaky at my age."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:12 am

“Nah, go for it.” She said as she gestured to sit.

“And what I do... well I shoot things that need to be shot. How bout you?”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:20 am

"An important job, for certain," he replies. If one could see a smile through a Kel Dor's mask then he'd certainly be showing one.

"I'm a bit too old and put on a bit too much weight for that. But I've been in command and staff officer positions for much of my life. Strategic and tactical analysis, research and implementation. As well as advisory on welfare and morale improvement. I'd like to see if I can't get some improved amenities here in the Rec hall, but it's not so bad as it is. Is there anything that you'd like to see improved?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:25 am

“Improved... Uhh... I’m actually pretty satisfied to be honest. Ain’t got much room to complain. I lost my arm When the mandos first landed. Republic helped get me a new one. I’m just here paying it back. Don’t like being in someone’s debt.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:40 am

"I see. Well, I'm glad to know that the Republic is taking care of folks here in such a manner. And we all have our reasons for joining up. If you run into any issues or concerns please let me know. I'd like to be able to assist however possible." The Kel Dor nods in understanding and appreciation. "I too got caught up in all this when the Mandalorians landed. I was on planet visiting the University during the initial invasion. Been some time since I've worn the old uniform but I couldn't let this pass without helping out."

"I see you've got yourself a couple of nice pistols there. Nova Viper and Equalizer no? Definitely not a standard issue like my BlasTech. Speaks well of your skill with engineering as much as shooting. Those Vipers can be temperamental without regular maintenance."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:05 pm

"Lots of good techies out on Nar Shaddaa. That's where I've been based for the past handful of years. Finding the right guy and keeping him well paid is the best investment a girl in my line of work can do." She said with a nod.

"So... you're an instructor then? Where'd... you teach?" She asked with the slightest hint of trepidation in her voice.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:19 pm

"Republic Naval Academies on Coruscant and Corellia at different times. But I've visited a fair number of other institutions as well as a guest lecturer. Though I've not had the opportunity to visit Nar Shaddaa." He seems to be quite at ease.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:35 pm

"I see... my dad... used to teach.... At the War College on Anaxes." She replied as if walking on a minefield.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:54 pm

"I visited there once. It's a fine institution. Did a series on the economic effects on small Imperial communities of large force withdrawal post conflict. It was pretty dry," he replies with a chuckle. "So you didn't attend?"

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:27 pm

She shook her head, "Nah... I was still a little baby when we left. My dad was forced to find another job... so I trained with the Brentaal IV forces as a kid growing up. Also didn't end up in the Republic military proper..."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:43 pm

"Brentaal... that's a world I haven't been to for a while. Last time I was there was on my first assignment. Stopped there for resupply and pass. Must have been 3 decades ago. Lovely world."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 pm

"Wasn't bad. There's some nice folks there. House Cormond was my dad's employer for a while. For nobles they weren't all that bad." She replied.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:36 pm

"I remember the night sky there. It was striking, lit up by the Ringali nebula. However, I didn't get to interact too much with the people. I was only there for a couple weeks."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:48 pm

Probably the last people I will get to know...

Delmi nodded.

After taking a sip of her water and pausing for a moment she asked, "So they using your experience for the campaign?"
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:54 pm

He nods for a moment before explaining. "Well, I joined on the resistance side immediately after the Mandalorians landed. I was acquainted with the Kins. Given my history, they asked that I represent the needs of the resistance with the strike force. I'm attempting to improve cooperation and communication to support the mission."

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:15 pm

"The Kins? Sorry, I don't know most of the big wigs around here." She asked with a slightly tilted head.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:24 pm

"They're resistance leaders and brothers. Thazos is a former Republic soldier that I served with previously, a good fighter. I met Yanos at the University, and he's more of a strategist like myself. The two of them are night and day, but they both agree that the Mandalorians have to go. I've been trying to be a bridge between their ideas and to represent them to the strike force," the Kel Dor explains.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:45 pm

"I see... Sounds like a rough job at times..." She said as if she was fishing for him to provide an example.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:05 pm

"Not so bad. They just don't communicate with each other enough in my opinion. They're just so focused on their individual efforts. Thazos is excellent in tactical situations and at leading his soldiers, while Yanos is concerned with the reconstruction after the invaders are gone. You end up with situations where Thazos leads combat missions that cause collateral damage, that Yanos could have helped prevent so he wouldn't have to work on fixing it in the future." He shrugs.

Description
Tra Kize

Postby Delmi Koor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:23 pm

"I see... well... What can ya do?" She asked.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tra Kize » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm

"Continue working on the problem and hope to find a solution before it becomes pointless to do so," Tra replies. "Do you have plans for when the campaign is finished?"

Description
Tra Kize

Next
Forum Statistics