Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Golden Dream (Day 4 MidNight)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:25 am

The later hours of the day found Zane back in the Rec hall, though now it appeared to be in entirely different location. Somewhere out among the dust dunes on the edge of an Oasis. Finging an empty seat, he waved for the bartender to fix him a drink, something the man would do since he'd dropped a few credits in his lap and told him to take care of a bottle for him.

Opening his guitar, he pulled forth the instrument, taking a few moments to tune it as his drink was prepared. soon enough though he was playing, the melody filling the room.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Golden Dream (Day 4 MidNight)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:47 am

Why was it so cold?! Would it kill the Republic to, like, install something to keep the barracks nice and toasty on cold evenings like this?!

Lyseil kept the thermal cloak tight around her as she headed to the Rec Hall, hoping to bribe the barkeep with a doe-eyed look to get something warm to drink. Hearing some nice guitar-music was a pretty unexpected surprise and she looked a bit dumbfounded at the performance that had caught her unawares, until she slinked over to the bar like a walking blanket.

A few fluttering glances with doe-eyes, Lyseil at least got a cup of hot tea. Ooo! I think I know this song! she hummed along quietly to the guitarist's tune.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:51 am

Azura knew she was pretty lucky; she went for a cloak that was helpful for moving around quietly, but had no idea it also had added warmth! That was lucky indeed.

Walking through the barracks, unable to sleep, she could hear music. Who is playing at this time of night? She eventually found the person; it was the hatted guy. Z or something? And he had some shivering woman clutching tea like it was the saviour of her existence as an audience.

She leant in the doorway, no idea what the song was, and just listened for a short while.
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Equipment: Blaster, pistol, armour, odd cylinder-shaped item, comms, stimpacks
Azura Mora

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:59 am

On the other hand, the guitar player didn't look cold in the least, though that could be due to the coat he wore. Or perhaps it was the near invisible insulating layer of the body gloves he wore beneath. Being stylish didn't allow one to waltz around in thermal cloaks after all.

He would strum until the song came to an end, at which point Z picked up his drink; whiskey on the rocks from the look of it, and took a sip. He let his gaze scan the crowd afterwards, eventually landing on the pretty young woman bundled up against the cold. "Any requests, Miss?" Zane asked warmly, flashing a charming smile in her direction, his straight white teeth visible for just a moment.

As he noticed Azura lurking in the doorway, he nodded in her direction, curious if she would enter or keep her distance.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:07 am

"Requests? Oh! Hmmm..." Lyseil tapped the rim of her cup as she considered it. "Maybe something that makes it feel warm? Hm? Err... that's probably a weird request." She giggled a little awkwardly, taking notice of the girl lingering in the doorway.

So she did the only natural thing to do which was to give a polite and cheerful wave to the unknown person over there!
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 am

Z shook his head chuckling lightly. "I've had stranger ones, Miss." He took another slow sip of his drink, before setting it back on the table. "And I make no garuntees I'll get it right, but I'll do what I can."

Picking his guitar back up he took a few moments to retune, before starting again. This song seemingly a bit faster paced then the last.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am

Now that was a tune she hadn't heard before, but Lyseil found it to be very nice and... well, it did at least help her think of something a bit more tropical with its fast-paced dance rythm. They would never have played anything like that at those boring parties she had to attend when she was younger!

She was happily swaying along to the rythm in her seat, obviously more relaxed with the music and the warmth of the tea.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Hey look, a chipper happy girl in a warzone. Must be a ditzy princess or an psycho.... I hope she doesn't get captured...or at least mostly hope. I'm almost certain we'd have to rescue her.

Azura sighed, and gave Zane and the woman a nod, entering the room her cloak wrapped around her. It was easy to see her weapons and armour below them.

"Guess you can be your own sound system Z" the girl said with a smirk "nice music."
Neutral * Human * Smuggler * Has anger issues * Dangerous * Jax's glamorous assistant * Part of the Midnight crew * Force sensitive? Description
Azura Mora

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:19 pm

"Thanks." He replied, looking up from his playing for a moment to over her a easy smile. "I might be persuaded to sing too, but no one's bought me enough drinks for that," He fell silent after that to continue the song, he didn't want to distract the small crowd with his small talk after all.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:23 pm

"Hmm... the drinks here aren't really something I would want to treat anyone to," she said with a slight pout, wishing she had brought something from home. "Maybe I should plan to requisition something for a future time? That is, if you play here often?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:54 pm

"He's treating you to a song, surely you can treat the man to a drink?" Azura rolled her eyes "not that I need to hear you sing Z, just seems fair to me."
Azura Mora

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Zane chuckled as the song came to and end. "They only serve beer here Azura, and piss poor beer at that." He glanced at Lyseil's drink. "Well they have tea too, and other non-alcoholic beverages." He lifted his glass of whiskey to his lips. "I believe she was only trying to be considerate of my tastes."

Turning his eyes to Lyseil he smiled. "I can sing tonight if you really want to hear. I'm sure you can find a time and place to buy me a drink at a future date."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:17 pm

"Yes-yes!" Lyseil added enthusiastically. "I think I would rather offer the good sir a swig from my water canteen than treat him to the beer here. Why, it would be downright insulting to treat someone to such a poor beverage," she added with a wrinkle of her nose in disgust, making no effort to hide her Alderaanian accent.

"Hmmm,.. I know there were some other drinks earlier at the Emerald Valley during the Resistance's celebrations. Maybe they'd know where to get something to drink?" she asked thoughtfully as she considered Z's suggestion of a time and a place for a drink-date?
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Lovely, a snobby princess. Maybe we can offer her to the mandos?

"I suppose that's fair. Z is an expert on alcohol though, so he'll know if it's good or not" Azura said with a smile "so better find your best!"
Azura Mora

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:24 pm

"A connoisseur?" she said with some innocent surprise. "A real pity we're out here then and on some more civilized world! I didn't bring anything from home, which was really-really stupid of me."

"I'm Lyseil, by the way. Uh... Sergeant Lyseil Panteer when on duty. Pleasure to meet you both!" Lyseil remained unrelentingly cheerful despite Azura's attitude.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:58 pm

So there was a princess around for kissing, Z would have to make sure Niall was aware of this. "I'm sure the resistance will know something. Though if your the risk taking type, we might be able to find something in Rygor." He added with a bit of a mischevious smile."

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lyseil. I'm Zanebry Varliss, though you can feel free to call me Z." He turned towards Azura and smiled. "And that lovely young lady over there is Azura. Her and her partner Jax, crew the Midnight."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Azura Mora » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:16 pm

"Yo" Azura gave the woman a wave "good to meet you. You certainly bring a bit of cheer to the room, so that's a good contribution. Whay brings you to one of the least cheeriest places in the galaxy?"
Azura Mora

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 pm

"Oho, former-liuetenant Jax, yes-yes? I've met him," she nodded with a good smile. "He's very nice! Must be fun to work for someone like him."

"As for me? Well, Alderaan is a supported of the Republic, and Bankor is a Republic world - so I'm here to support too! By defeating one org-chart, Unlimited PowerPoint Presentation, and report one at a time."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:51 pm

"By the sound of it there is no unfinished report that's safe while you're here, Lyseil." Zane said with a light laugh, taking another drink from his glass before setting it down. He'd let his finger play a bit with the strings as they chatted, adding a bit of a musical undertone to the conversation.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:20 am

"You bet!" she giggled a little and sipped the warm beverage. "Someone has to do that job too, after all. Not very exciting, I know, but I hope to get some more field experience too while I'm here."

"Like some people were planning a trip out to the Wound...?" Lyseil gave a glance to Azura.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:34 am

"Well there are plenty of chance for field work out there, I know I've been doing my fair share of it lately. Any particular field you're interested in?"

"The wound?" He raised a eyebrow and shifted his gaze to Azura. "That sounds interesting, maybe I could come along if you decide to go."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:10 am

"The Wound?"

Azura hadn't even heard of it, but she wasn't going to look the coward.

"Sure, why not. Someone has to make sure you make it back alive" she shrugged "just let me know when."
Azura Mora

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:23 pm

"I think you should speak with Jax then," Lyseil nodded before asking brightly. "Oh, so you're like Jax's bodyguard if it's your job to see he makes it back alive?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Seemed like Jax hardly kept Azura clued in on his plans. Which might be one of the reasons she was so paranoid. Seeing as how the two ladies were embroiled in some sort of female contest of superiority though Z decided to start playing again. Whatever it was the were doing, it was better to not get involved in it.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Azura Mora » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Lyseil Panteer wrote:"I think you should speak with Jax then," Lyseil nodded before asking brightly. "Oh, so you're like Jax's bodyguard if it's your job to see he makes it back alive?"

There was a small narrowing of eyes, before Azura spoke again.

"Well Jax is rather useless a lot of the time, so he needs me to keep him alive. The idiot gets himself into trouble pretty often though."

Usually with me.

"So Jax has already put us forward for this I assume?"
Azura Mora

Next
Forum Statistics