Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: [Day 4 LE] Gin & Juice

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 am

"Of course we do." Tethys raises an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't we?"
Jedi ○ Human ○ Republic Affiliated ○ Tall ○ Profile Link
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
"Jedi are peaceful, not idiots."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:25 am

"I dunno." She shrugged. "My dad used to work with the Jedi back in his early days of the war. Said they’re different... but in a good way."
Last edited by Delmi Koor on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 am

Jax Dolross wrote:"So what keeps you around? Why not go out and help who you want?"

"Lack of transport," Cole answered frankly.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:15 am

Jax thought for a moment "Well Doc when this is all settled if you want a ride anywhere let me know. Or maybe you'll want to stick around, the crew could always use a doctor. Otherwise I could take you to any back water planet in need that you wish and I'll only charge a nominal fee for it."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 am

Delmi Koor wrote:"I dunno." She shrugged. "My dad used to work with the Jedi back in his early days of the war. Said their different... but in a good way."

"Different... we have to be." The corner of her lip quirks. "That does not mean we never have time to fill. Particularly with activities that sharpen the mind. Or other senses." She takes another sip from her flimsy cup.

"Your father fought with the Republic?" she asks, the skeptical look she'd been giving to the thin general-issue ale turning quizzical when she returns her focus to Delmi.
Obvious accoutrements: Robes, utility belt, lightsaber, comlink; backpack and/or Jedi armor when needed; faint but distinct scent of sea air.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 am

Jax Dolross wrote:Jax thought for a moment "Well Doc when this is all settled if you want a ride anywhere let me know. Or maybe you'll want to stick around, the crew could always use a doctor. Otherwise I could take you to any back water planet in need that you wish and I'll only charge a nominal fee for it."

"I'm about this close," he held up one hand, measuring out a distance of about an inch between his thumb and index finger, "to securing my own ship. It's going to make a difference."
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 am

"Well good for you, shame for me. Good doctors are hard to come by in my business but good for you I always like it when someone gets to follow their own path."
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 am

"I'll give you my comm details, if I'm free and not halfway across the galaxy, all you need to do is call."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:55 am

"Much appreciated and likewise if you are ever in a jam and can make use of my particular skills give me a call." he paused and sipped his drink and smirked at the doctor "This has been a much more fruitful trip to the bar than I expected it to be."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:03 am

"You never know what you might find in bar."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 am

Jax sat back in his chair taking the man in "true enough indeed doctor." he took a sip of his drink "true enough indeed."

His glass run dry Jax decided it was likely time to move to a new venue "Well Dr. Ormont it has been a pleasure getting to talk to you. Perhaps we can do it again sometime." he said with a small smile as he stood.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 am

Cole kicked back the chair he'd been resting his feet on and got up as well. "You know where to find me," he offered his hand for Jax to shake.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Jax Dolross » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:31 am

Jax shook the hand firmly but didn't let go immediately "I'll keep that in mind." he said with a smirk as he released the doctors hand and turned throwing a two fingered wave over his shoulder as he made his....

/exit

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Delmi Koor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Tethys Carrack wrote:
"Different... we have to be." The corner of her lip quirks. "That does not mean we never have time to fill. Particularly with activities that sharpen the mind. Or other senses." She takes another sip from her flimsy cup.

"Your father fought with the Republic?" she asks, the skeptical look she'd been giving to the thin general-issue ale turning quizzical when she returns her focus to Delmi.

"Yeah.. long time ago. From the start of the war. Apparently he knew Commander Malcolm or something." She nodded.
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 pm

"And so you are here. Following his footsteps?" The Jedi's quizzical expression remains. "But not in uniform."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 am

"Uhm... kinda? But not really. I was here doing a job when the mandos attacked. I lost an arm and all my cargo... Commander Malcolm ended up getting me compensated and outfitted with a new top of the line arm... I think he felt bad about what had happened to my dad a long time ago or something and wanted to pay him back through me. I dunno. He was like cool about it and stuff... not really looking for anything in return from me... but I don't like feeling I owe someone something. So here I am... until I feel it's even."
Last edited by Delmi Koor on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:59 am

"Ah." Tethys seems to meditate on this for a beat. "I am sorry to hear about your injury, but glad that things have worked out better for you since. I do understand the feeling of indebtedness... though not all debts in life are ever repaid, or even should be."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:04 am

"Well... my dad always taught me to repay my debts. No matter what others say about you... if you live a life of self-reliance and strength... and you know it in your heart you have done your best, then all this noise made by other people doesn't matter. I don't like the thought of me owing anyone anything. Casts shade on my name. Which is one of the few things I got."
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:11 am

"A solid creed." Tethys nods. "As long as you temper strength with understanding for others."
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 am

“Mah, I’m not looking to lord over anyone. Gotta be strong enough to look out for yourself though. Maybe you get lucky and someone strong helps you out... like a Jedi or something. But most the people in the galaxy are not so lucky.”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:21 am

"I see more than a few people looking out for one another on this planet," Tethys comments. "Ordinary people, strong or otherwise." She picks up her cup again, favoring its contents with an expression that says I'm not mad at you, I'm just disappointed before going ahead and drinking another mouthful anyway. It's thin enough to count as hydration, probably. No sense wasting.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 am

“Once you’re strong enough to take care of yourself... then you can reach out and help others.” She nodded.
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:50 am

"Why wait?" Tethys asks, with an inquisitive look in Delmi's direction.
Tethys Carrack

Postby Delmi Koor » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:52 am

“Got something I need to take care of. Debt I gotta pay back in full...”
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Tethys Carrack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 pm

"I see that perspective." Tethys nods. "And your sense of obligation to another means you're here, helping many others."

She rests a hand on the tabletop, long fingers spreading over the pazaak grid beside her cup. "So you were on Bankor before the invasion... what was your impression of the planet then?
Tethys Carrack

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics