Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Pent Up [Day 5, Early Afternoon]

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:25 pm

There were few ways positive to let off steam better than coming to the gym. Finding an unattended punching bag Chase stood off to the side and found some wraps for her hand. Methodically wrapping her knuckles to avoid any unnecessary damage with every intent to go hard on the damned thing.
Republic | Human | Lieutenant | Fighter Pilot
Heavy Blaster - Datapad - Utiility Belt
Info - Theme
Chase

Re: Pent Up [Day 5, Early Afternoon]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Layne was there too, having taken off her armor and lightsabers. They were placed nearby, where she could keep an eye on them; instincts still strong. In the meantime, she was doing some solid stamina exercises. Layne had the toned physique and experience of someone who'se been spending most of their short lives pushing their body to its limits. Even without calling on the Force to enhance her natural abilities, she could probably keep up heavy exerces for hours to come if she'd so choose.

At the moment, she was hanging upside down, feet hooked on some bars on the wall. With her arms crossed over chest, she pulled herself up, head up as high as it could physically go, then back down. A process she repeated it over and over.
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:37 pm

It was enough to draw Chases attention for a moment, half-way through wrapping her left hand she looked over from around the bag at her front, "Never seen you around before, and by the look of ya I'd remember. You got a name kid?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 pm

"Layne..." she said. "...Hoshin..."

She was continuing her regiment.

"...Jedi."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:41 pm

"Aren't Jedi supposed to... you know.. look peaceful or something? Sitting under waterfalls for exercise and feeding off the suns rays or something like that?"
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 pm

"Probably..." She pulled herself up one final time; in one fluid motion she went from that, into unhooking her feet and doing a flip before landing on her feet. At which point she turned around, wiping some sweat away from her forehead.

"...I guess some of us that didn't grow up in the order have a different diet and exercise routine."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 pm

"That's new, thought they took you lot as babies and all that," she said, turning her attention back to wrapping her hand.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:55 pm

"That's the preference," she said, now doing some basic stretches. "Some of us only come to the order later, sometimes with experience and teachings gained elsewhere."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:57 pm

"Huh..." she vocalized the thought, finished wrapping her hand and walked over toward the woman. Extending her right hand, "I'm Chase, Lieutenant. When the going gets rough and the rough get going, it's me and mine that come in to save the day. And if you haven't seen 'em yet, I promise the people I fly with are some of the best the Republic has to offer," Chase said, if only grandstanding a little. Certainly some were... better than others.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Jax was in the mood to get a good workout in he was glad the republic maintained a nice big gym. It had a bunch of equipment that The Midnight lacked plus you never know who you're going to run into. Jax showed up in a form fitting tank top and loose athletic style shorts. He had found a pull up bar and was going through his sets his body wasn't bulgy muscular but he was very cut and lithe making the pullups more an endurance exercise than a strength one.

About halfway through his set he saw Chase approach the girl doing inverted sit ups. he dropped down and wandered over to the pair "Ladies, how's it going?"
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight
Equipment: Backpack full of tricks, Josephine,

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Chase would get the impression Layne wasn't very used to such social niceties as shaking hands. She stared at it like it was the weirdest thing she'd seen in a while, before finally shaking it. "Well, they can be much worse than my pilot, at least."

It was at that point that some slick someone went up and threw a line at them. At least, that was what Layne assumed he was doing. Normally she might have stared him down and away, but now she just looked at him with a look that seemed to say 'really?'.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Jax saw her look and returned it with a quirked eyebrow turning more towards Chase "Chase your friend here seems....interesting." he said with a little uncertainty in his voice.
*Neutral *Human * Pilot *Smuggler *Ex-Republic Navy Lieutenant *charming *Captain of the Midnight

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Firmly shaking Layne's hand she turned over her shoulder and released at the same moment, "Jax, my mother once taught me that a man who comes up like that is looking for nothing you'd want to give him. Holds true to this day, so you might wanna think about finding other ways of walking up to a group of women," Chase said, amused with herself. Clearly seen by the grin she wore rather openly for something no one else might find amusing.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 pm

"I take it you know this guy. Did I walk into the pilot's club by mistake?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Jax shrugged "Didn't mean anything by it, just saw you over here figured I'd see how you were. Sorry if I gave offense." he said lightly

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:31 pm

"Names work," she said, partially a tease but didn't quite hold the tone. "Anyway, Jax here used to run with the Republic. Flew too, not so much anymore though. Not quite much of a club in that regard, otherwise he'd be wearing the same fashionable shirts I've got."

Half turning back toward her selected bag, she continued, "So, anyway, where was I. Oh, yea. What brings you here Master Jedi? I've met a few of your number here already, didn't really think I'd see another."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 pm

"I may not fly the republic blue anymore but you know I can still fly circles around near any pilot here." he said with a smirk

he then turned back to the jedi and awaited her response with Chase.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:40 pm

"Just doing my part I guess," which was the truth, just not the whole truth. "I do more good in a place like this then underneath some waterfall in the temple on Coruscant. Don't really fit in there."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:48 pm

"So.. what is your part? Not quite the vague sorta answer I expected from a Jedi lest you get mixed up in the notion you're a soldier for the front lines. Which, don't get me wrong if that's what you're doing here I'm all for seeing some more Jedi fighting with the troops but I didn't quite expect to see that sorta thing unless your order had gotten it's hand forced by the Sith or something," Chase spoke as she started working on the bag. Lightly, not quite focused on the reason why she came here.
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 pm

"Forcing the Jedi's hands is what the Sith always do," she said. "But like I said, I wasn't raised a Jedi. I came with an... outside perspective. A more proactive one."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 pm

Jax nodded at Layne's words "I respect that, met a lot of those jedi on Coruscant since I grew up there. Nice enough people but they seemed to enjoy dealing with more abstract concepts than getting there hands dirty. Seeing all the ones here is a wonderful sight though."

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm

"Most of the ones here seem to be misfits, of a sort."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Chase » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:58 pm

"Still leaves to wondering why they let you come here, not the kinda thing they get themselves tied up in, but the way you keep bringing up your past, Master Jedi, leads me to wondering just why you wanna talk about it so much," she paused to hit the bag hard a couple time. "And don't be modest."
Info - Theme
Chase

Postby Jax Dolross » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Jax nodded in agreement "Thats true only a couple seem like your typical jedi, the others seem a bit....off." he said thinking of Hamelin and the strange things he said about blessings of death.

Description theme
Jax Dolross

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:03 pm

"I don't particularly *want* to talk about it. I just don't *not* want to talk about it either. Besides, it helped explain your questions."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Next
Forum Statistics