Single large tent divided into a recreation area and a gym.

Re: Chandrilan 75 (Day 9 Mid Evening, Jizz night)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:48 am

Lyseil did chuckle at the easy pun. Puns were great!

"Well, it's always a good thing to consider a bigger picture as well as the individual. No man is an island and all that, even for the Mandalorians from what I understand, yes-yes? I can only base it on what I've read, but there seems to be a great deal of focus on being part of the Mando'ade through clan and family?"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:52 am

"We did what we could, the troops could use a little relaxation today, and with some of the victories achieved.
I think the sacrifice of my liquor cabinet is well warranted." Even if he'd miss a good portion of it.

Vasir Rexa wrote:“Mister Varliss, good evening,” she said coolly. “I wasn’t sure of the dress code, so I tried to strike a fashionable balance.”

"Doctor Rexa." He greeted her warmly, rising to his feet, a trained eye would likely note the slight reliance on the cane to do so. "I would have to say you've done well. I dont think there is another Lady here who could pull off the shade of blue so well. You look absolutely gorgeous." His smile was charming, as he complimented here, though after a moment he let his eyes drift to Niall.

"But too introductions, I'm sure you're acquainted with Captain Organa, Doctor. If you haven't met her though the young lady in the snappy uniform is Sabine Kelborn."
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 am

“A pleasure to meet you both, though I am familiar with Captain Organa, and Mister Varliss is too kind,” she said respectfully.

“Are any of you familiar with the Parable of Gerald?” she asked taking a sip.
Field Scientist | Doctor | Imperial Accent | Beautiful | Intelligent | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:10 am

Niall cleared his throat. "I'm not, I'm afraid." He gave her his best interested nod, honed by years of courtly training.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:13 am

"No, though I find I'm a bit intrested." He picked up his glass and brought it to his lips. Something told him he wasn't going to like this.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:22 am

“Well if you have an ear to listen… the parable is a simple story I stumbled upon in my studies. As you can probably tell, I was born and raised in Sith space, on Drommund Kaas actually. There the politics are quite ruthless, though I am sure a noble from Alderann could navigate them easily.”

“This particular tale focused on a young Sith padawan… apprentice of sorts… I think the proper term is aspirant. He was a good natured boy, very well mannered and well liked by his peers. A bright student of the dark side if there ever was one; he was good natured and sweet, some Imperials would maybe even call him soft or naïve.”

“Perhaps too soft for the Sith, by any means.”

She took a graceful sip and continued, “He caught the eye of a powerful Sith who saw his potential and was brought into their council. They recognized that his skills and talents would allow the Sith lord to achieve great things.”

“It was all true, and untrue. Gerald excelled and put his complete trust in his new master. The Master treated him well, and brought Gerald deeper into their council. The Sith lord gathered their best pupils and traveled deep into the wastes until they found a place of power… Jedi and Sith call such places, vergences, steeped in the esoteric power of the Force.”

“Gerald was pleased that he could play a pivotal role in aiding this Sith achieve their goals… until he found himself held down by the other pupils. A sacrifice needed to be made and despite his good intentions and good nature the Sith value power over all other things. He was sacrificed in a deep betrayal.”

“A good boy, with a bad end. An amusing if dark tale. I thank you for allowing me to ramble on,” she said with a gentle sip of her drink.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:27 am

"Yeah, you get it right. Family and the Mando'ade are big to me. Except the Vizsla are no Republic supporters. So it's all quite tricky as you see." He sighed. "Me ignoring colours is a way to respect all my brothers and sisters. Those I want to kill included. I dated a Fett. I fought by a Kelborn. I sang on a funeral of a Cadera. And so on."
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:30 am

Delmi's ears perked up a bit at the sound of a mention of Dromund Kaas and a sith story down the bar. She divided her attention a bit but could only catch bits and pieces of the talk with the music and talking going on around her.
Freelance | Human | Gunslinger | Smuggler | Daughter of Anaxes | Pew Pew
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." -Delmi Koor
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:34 am

"Quite the complicated situation then," she nodded. "Though few things in life seem to be easy."

Lyseil finished the last drops of the whiskey. "I hope it all works out for you and your people soon. It must be difficult with the Schism. But, I do hope more good-will can be fostered between us - Mandalore once thought the Republic was worth defending, after all." She offered the last words with a kind smile. Everything could be better if people were just willing to make friends!
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 am

Vasir Rexa wrote:“Well if you have an ear to listen… the parable is a simple story I stumbled upon in my studies. As you can probably tell, I was born and raised in Sith space, on Drommund Kaas actually. There the politics are quite ruthless, though I am sure a noble from Alderann could navigate them easily.”

"I rather doubt that." Niall murmured softly. At least, not the sort of nobles he cared to associate with. But with that small exception, he listened patiently to her tale.

Niall wasn't quite certain what sort of tale about Drommund Kaas he was expecting. In retrospect, it was probably something along those lines. "A very interesting story, Doctor Rexa." He said, glacing quickly at the others. "I'm curious, though, what brings it to mind?"
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:02 am

Called it. He should probably take up cards again. "I believe she thinks at least one of us can learning something from it." Zanebry mused, taking a sip from his own glass. His eyes drifting towards Niall. "One could call you a good natured boy, well liked by his peers after all.'

"Though who knows I could always be wrong about her point, or it's target. Whatever the case, I think we've all learned you can never trust a Sith."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:06 pm

Lyseil Panteer wrote:"Quite the complicated situation then," she nodded. "Though few things in life seem to be easy."

Lyseil finished the last drops of the whiskey. "I hope it all works out for you and your people soon. It must be difficult with the Schism. But, I do hope more good-will can be fostered between us - Mandalore once thought the Republic was worth defending, after all." She offered the last words with a kind smile. Everything could be better if people were just willing to make friends!

And another Mandalore thought it'd better died in fire. Oddyn thought, but smiled, finishing his own drink. "Life's funny that way. We march on, see what it brings us. Have a good evening, Lyseil." He then rose from the stool and looked around. He felt like dancing.
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:09 pm

“Trusting the Sith is dangerous in the best of situations,” she said softly.

“Of course the Jedi have their own duplicity. The way they manipulated Darth Revan to defeat Darth Malek was a certain kind of genius and a master class in deception. They captured him, then forcibly erased the memories to the point he didn’t even remember he, or she, was Force Sensitive.”

She sipped the wine and then said, “Then they unleashed him on the galaxy a second time hoping against hope he did not fall a second time. Perhaps the end justified the means, but they did gamble the galaxy on a rather thin hope and a grand deception.”

“Interesting when you consider the ramifications,” she finished.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:39 pm

This was a mistake, Cole’s stomach twisted unpleasantly. “Excuse me,” he murmured to Layne and Teffa, before making a break for the door. As he went, he plucked out his hypospray and began urgently loading it.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby R4OXY » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:42 pm

Delmi Koor wrote:"No idea. Haven't really tried to apply my skill set to dance mating rituals. Too much... what was the word you used... 'posturing'?"

*Ah. I could see the difficulty there. It seems...quite complex. And somewhat lacking in logic.*

The droid spins ze's optic port back towards Delmi. *Then what brought you to this location tonight?*
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

Jetpack attached, long range comlink installed. Lockpicks inside chassis.

Speaks only in binary and beeps and whistles. Speech indicated by *speech*
R4OXY

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:18 pm

Sabine listened and drank. "Z, if I survive this, you can take me dress shopping, I promise you." She flashed him a smile and waved to the good doctor. Listening to the story, she sipped some of the liquor, and said her thoughts aloud. "What a bunch of kriffing assholes."
Republic * Sergeant * Soldier * NCO * Confident * Tough * Mandalorian * Human
Carries: Ritual dagger, command insignia, electronic manual
Combat gear: Ritual Dagger, Mandalorian Armor, MK II Paladin, ammo, stimpacks
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Teffa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:06 pm

"Okay, see you around, Doctor Ormont..." She said as she gave him a wave, letting him go. He likely had endured enough and she wasn't going to make a scene with anchoring here.

Here, she had been doing all this talking and chatting without parting in the bar. With Ormont gone, she supposed she still had her two drink limit and went get herself a glass of something. "Correllian's best, or second best, thanks!"
Neutral | Chiss | Trucker (Currently) | Gambler | Drifter

Description
Carries: Light Blaster Pistol, Commlink x2, Stimpack, Sabacc Deck

Arbee, Droid
Teffa

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:37 pm

“For a bit of alocohol before shutting down for the evening. Had a rough day.”
Carries/Wears: Model 1 “Nova Viper” Blaster Pistol; H-7 “Equalizer” Blaster Pistol; Backpack
Description
Delmi Koor

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Vasir Rexa wrote:“Trusting the Sith is dangerous in the best of situations,” she said softly.

“Of course the Jedi have their own duplicity. The way they manipulated Darth Revan to defeat Darth Malek was a certain kind of genius and a master class in deception. They captured him, then forcibly erased the memories to the point he didn’t even remember he, or she, was Force Sensitive.”

She sipped the wine and then said, “Then they unleashed him on the galaxy a second time hoping against hope he did not fall a second time. Perhaps the end justified the means, but they did gamble the galaxy on a rather thin hope and a grand deception.”

“Interesting when you consider the ramifications,” she finished.

"I suppose it is at that." Zane replied thoughtfully, offering Sabine a smile as she shared her thoughts on the matter, She wasn't really wrong.

"Is it stories like this that fascinate you so about for users and their traditions then Doctor? If, you don't mind me asking that is. Or is learning these stories a result of your fascination?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Sabine Kelborn wrote:Sabine listened and drank. "Z, if I survive this, you can take me dress shopping, I promise you." She flashed him a smile and waved to the good doctor. Listening to the story, she sipped some of the liquor, and said her thoughts aloud. "What a bunch of kriffing assholes."

“Both organizations are political entities, they have s mandate to continue their existence even at the expense of others. It is a fascinating thing that has colored my research. We look to both organizations for guidance and stability and yet they also are capable of a great deal of harm and misery,” she said confidently.

“They have an outsize impact on the galaxy despite their relative minuscule populations compared to the greater galaxy.”

“Both actually she said turning to Zanebry, “The stories are anecdotal, some apocryphal the truth behind it is what I am searching for. Meaning to the mysticism, it seems rather telling that just about every Force tradition shrouds itself in arcane and erudite ritual and customs. They act more like warrior priests than philosophers often regurgitating old ideas simply because that is how it was done one thousand years ago.”

“Yet no one seems to mind. Reliance on revelation instead of investigation.”

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby R4OXY » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Delmi Koor wrote:“For a bit of alocohol before shutting down for the evening. Had a rough day.”

*So you are using the alcohol for a lubricating effect, in order to facilitate ease? That seems logical.*

The droid boops quietly. *These days do seem to occur. As a droid, I am unable to utilize alcohol for them, but I suspect it could be beneficial.*
R4 unit * Uses Ze Zem Zer pronouns * Tech * Will fix things for money * "Colorful" past

Jetpack attached, long range comlink installed. Lockpicks inside chassis.

Speaks only in binary and beeps and whistles. Speech indicated by *speech*
R4OXY

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Sabine shrugs. "Organizations are usually run by assholes. The non-assholes need to step up." She took another sip. "And that's just like how sentients work. Mandalorians are the same in a way. My granddaddy used this blaster, you do too. Blah, blah, blah."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Vasir Rexa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:50 pm

Sabine Kelborn wrote:Sabine shrugs. "Organizations are usually run by assholes. The non-assholes need to step up." She took another sip. "And that's just like how sentients work. Mandalorians are the same in a way. My granddaddy used this blaster, you do too. Blah, blah, blah."

“True and the Mandalorians have had a large impact on the Galaxy but the Jedi and then the Sith… they started the Great Hyperspace War, they were at the root of the Reveanchrist debacle, and even this most recent conflict was started by the invasion of the Sith on Korriban, being held by the Republic and Jedi in particular. War seems inevitable when both sides come into conflict,” she responded finishing her drink.

Played by Dapper Dog
Vasir Rexa

Postby Sabine Kelborn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:56 pm

"Obviously people should try not being assholes." She stated simply. "Not that I expect to work sadly."
Description
Sabine Kelborn

Postby Delmi Koor » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:01 pm

R4OXY wrote:
Delmi Koor wrote:“For a bit of alocohol before shutting down for the evening. Had a rough day.”

*So you are using the alcohol for a lubricating effect, in order to facilitate ease? That seems logical.*

The droid boops quietly. *These days do seem to occur. As a droid, I am unable to utilize alcohol for them, but I suspect it could be beneficial.*

“What do you do to unwind a bit when your wiring is stressed? Oil bath?”
Description
Delmi Koor

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics