Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

[D1LM] Alderaanians and Automatons

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Niall sat in his quarters, waiting. He'd sent a message to T7 requesting that they meet here. It was as good a place as any, and had more privacy than most places in the camp, as things were still getting sorted out.

His boots off, Niall was cross-legged on the narrow bed. He'd cleared enough space for T7 to be able to fit comfortably in when he arrived.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Re: [D1LM] Alderaanians and Automatons

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 pm

T7 arrived promptly and beeped a greeting, “Captain//Hello. Chance//Death = 15%! Still alive! Good organic!”

“Ready//Mission!”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 pm

After letting T7 in, Niall took his seat on the bed once more. He chuckled at the assessment. "Fifteen percent? I assure you, I'm tougher than I look, T7." He joked. "I think you should give me an extra few percentage points."

He gave the droid a firm nod. "Very good. Let's have it."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:43 pm

The droid laid out the plan; in Rygor there is a network communications center that the Mandalorians are using as a control hub for information flow. They are not running themselves according to Intelligence but it is a secure facility. The plan is to break into the hub, get the conspirator list and then upload it to SIS who will work with Military Intelligence to make sure none of their agents are on the list. Once done they will send it back and have Niall deliver it to the Resistance so their agents can act on the information.

Most likely, the droid suspects, they will murder the conspirators but that is war, he does feel about that part. Niall just needs to put a team together and expect moderate resistance.
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Niall observed carefully. He grimaced delicately at the mention of murder. "That does seem likely. And if they were Republic soldiers, I wouldn't allow it. But I can't dictate terms to our allies; it wouldn't be helpful, and it wouldn't be right." He frowned thoughtfully. "Still, we could offer to take them into custody. Provide a middle ground."

"This is contingent on the theater moving to Rygor, isn't it?" He asked. "I can't imagine it would be worth the risk traversing the amount of hostile terrain that would be required, otherwise."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:48 pm

T7 replied, “Captain=Privileges//authorize clandestine strike mission//sneaky! T7//Sneaky.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:05 pm

"I see." Niall said, his eyebrows going up just a little. "Well, we've got one team member then." He gave the droid a nod. "Still, it may be best to execute the mission when our forces move to Rygor, if they do. Closer to support if we end up needing it."

His lips pressed together. "I'm not especially sneaky, myself. Speed may be our preferred method. Or one clandestine team, one fire team to hit them, and fade away while the clandestine team does their work. That's how I've done it in the past."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:55 pm

“Fast = sneaky//T7 = slicer,” the droid replied producing a small arm with computer connections.

It spun around and said, “Captain = Team leader//Build Team.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:18 pm

"Right." Niall said, nodding. "I do have a few ideas for that. We've got our slicer. I'm the team leader. Could use an intrusion expert. Demolitions. Firepower."

His lips pursed. "I don't suppose you have any files on a Nai'tiri Cadera, do you?"
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:20 pm

“Cadera = Mandalorian//Trust?” the droid responded.

“Bad? Want T7//Eliminate? Hack lift//long drop. Dead. Problem = solved.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Niall blinked in surprise. After a moment, he raised both hands, palm out. "No, no! Not at all. I met her a little while ago. I'm considering tapping her for this mission. I wanted to make sure we didn't have any information on her that would preclude that. A joint operation might help to build trust. If I could find a candidate in the Resistance, that would be even better."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:45 pm

“Clarifying//Long drop = No?” T7 responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:59 pm

"No." Niall said firmly. "Even if she was bad, and I don't think she is, we would want to apprehend her if possible. As a general rule, if we can do that, I prefer it."

His lips pressed together. "But don't worry. I don't have any illusions about the cost of war, or what needs to be done. Just... long drop is generally plan B."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:03 pm

“Affirmative. Long Drop = Plan B. Plan A = Apprehend. Mandalorians//Classified = Enemy. Adjust parameters?” T7 responded quizzically, lights dimming as it processes the data.
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:23 am

Niall hesitated a moment, frowning as he worked out exactly how best to explain. "It's important to make a distinction between our Mandalorian allies, and our foes. Lieutenant Vera and her unit are official members of the Republic military; that's clear."

He chewed a lip for a moment. "Nai'tiri Cadera and those like her are allies, even if they aren't in the Republic military. If one of them causes a problem, it needs to be dealt with the same way we'd deal with someone in the Resistance causing a problem." His lips pursed. "She called herself a 'crusader'. That may be a good way to keep them separate."

His expression grew more serious as he looked at T7. "The enemy Mandalorians... only capture if we can do so safely. I don't want to risk good people unnecessarily."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:31 am

The droid listened and then responded with high pitched beeps, “Crusaders = Mandalorian Auxiliaries. Got it. T7//Request = Captain. Mandalorians = dangerous//Capture//If//Not//Possible. Eliminate = Satisfactory?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:38 am

Again, Niall considered a moment before nodding. "That sounds about right. I don't enjoy killing. But, ultimately, this is a war." He sighed.

After a moment, he gave T7 another nod. "So yes. If you have to use lethal force against our foes, consider it authorized."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:54 am

T7 beeped excitedly and replied, “Affirmative//T7. T7//Good Feeling. Captain//Survival = Priority. This Time = No//Partner//Fatality.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:08 am

"Oh." Niall's expression softened. "You've lost a partner before?"
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:11 am

Niall Organa wrote:"Oh." Niall's expression softened. "You've lost a partner before?"

"Five," the droid beeped solemnly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:22 am

"Five?" Niall echoed. "I'm sorry, T7."

He was silent a few moments. "Losing people is hard. I've lost friends. People under my command." His lips compressed a moment. "My sister, a few years ago. Killed in a crossfire." He shook his head. "It never gets easier. At least, not to me."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:28 am

"Organic//Weakness = Death. Sad. T7 = Survivor," the droid responded. It wheeled around the room and then added, "T7 = veteran//spy."
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:33 am

Niall nodded solemnly. "It's true. Organics are more delicate than I'd like."

His expression cheered a little. Which for him meant that it became normally serious. "How many years have you been in service." The corners of his lips curled up into a smile. "I haven't had the chance to read your file yet. Would you send it to me? Unless you'd rather just give me the highlights yourself."
Niall Organa

Postby Dapper Dog » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:39 am

T7 beeped proudly, “Fifty-six Standard years//Military Intelligence//then//SIS Operations.”

“Served//Korriban//Balmorra//Quesh//Tattooine//Hoth//Xanai//Coruscant. Bankor = Current. Tomorrow//Bankor//probably.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:04 pm

"Fifty-six years." Niall echoed. He shook his head slowly. It was hard to imagine.

His eyebrows went up. "I don't suppose you were on Tattooine about three years ago. From the order you gave, that sounds unlikely, but I thought I'd ask. That was my first deployment."
Niall Organa

Next
Forum Statistics