Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Re: Clean Your Stuff Before Action [ME2]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:41 am

"Well, obviously? I've fought too many strong people to be weak."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader
ship: The 'Sunset Dawn'

"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:46 am

"Good for you." He mused. "My childhood was in that vein too. Most of it at least."
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims
Wounds: 19 | Strain: 12 | Soak: 8 (9 vs. Fire/Blasters) | Defence: 1

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:49 am

"No offense, but you haven't fought the things I've fought."
Jedi | Human | Elevated Slave | Former Sith | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Apprentice of Balos Tyl | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod, Forcereader

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:54 am

"None taken. We all have our fights. If you want to impress me with the magnitude of your victories because it makes you feel special, I can listen but am unlikely to be awed."
Mandalorian | Clan Vizsla | Hired Gun | Heavy | Scarred | Left Cyberarm | Beard of Wonder | Former Pit Fighter | Vindicator | Rockstar | Mad Dog | Man o' War | Shriek-Hawk Tattoo | Neutral

VX Sidewinder (Telescopic Optics, Electronic Sighting) | Paired Vamblades | Mandalorian Armor (Repulsorlift, Kiirium, Superior) | Thermal Cloak | Spare Clip | Stims

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:56 am

"I don't care to impress some random old man," she said, locking the darksaber back onto her belt and now taking a close look at her shoto instead.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:57 am

"Fair enough." He chuckled. "Good you manage to impress yourself then."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:04 am

She nodded toward his armor, changing the subject slightly. "That wouldn't happen to have a cortosis weave or anything, would it?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:09 am

"Just some beskar, which shares some properties with cortosis. Unlikely enough to stop a lightsabre though." He raised his brow. "Why do you ask?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:17 am

"The leader of the troops I just fought had lined his armor with it. I was wondering how common it is among Mandos."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:24 am

"If they can afford it. The legacy of Ani'la Akaan."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:25 am

"Who'se that?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:34 am

"What's. The Great Last Battle, in which Jedi used a Force weapon of mass destruction to defeat Mandalorian fleets in a hecatomb of a magical gravity well over Malachor." He said pensively. "Battle in which Revan slew Mandalore the Ultimate and stole his mask. Before that, we had been fighting the Jedi and their Republic for two decades, and winning."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 am

"History isn't really something I know a lot of," she said in response. "I know about Revan though."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:40 am

"What do you know about him?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:46 am

"I know he was a Jedi who went to war against your people, and fell to the Dark side and then fought against the Jedi, but was later redeemed. I don't really know the details though."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:00 am

"The gist of it is my people, at least those who value independent Mando'ade, have reasons to gear up against the Force Users."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:59 am

"If you value your independence, you shouldn't keep going around trying to piss everyone off."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:19 pm

"Who is the 'you' in that statement?" He paused at this sudden piece of Layne-wisdom.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:28 pm

"Mandalorians," she said. "Always looking for a fight because it's 'honorable' or whatever. Someone who keeps picking bullshit fights doesn't get to complain when someone comes along and beats them into submission."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:34 pm

"I can't speak for all Mandalorians, since we're diverse lot, but who exactly complains?"

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:36 pm

She sighed. "Not the point."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:49 pm

"Maybe truly not the point. To ask of a warrior culture not to war is like to ask a fish to walk on land. Even in defeat we cannot be beaten into docility." He said calmly.

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:35 pm

"If Mandalorians want to be a warrior culture, then they should stick to waging war on themselves. The rest of the galaxy doesn't have to suffer just because you guys want to be jerks. Besides, centering an entire culture around being warriors is kind of dumb in the first place. Like, who does that? Why can't you just pick up painting or something, and only go to war if you have to. A fish can't *choose* to walk on land. Mandalorians *choose* to inflict suffering on others."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Oddyn Vizsla » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Fortunately, Odd was not to become angry too quickly. "Except that most of us rejects the Jedi peace on principle. Whatever you try to do or advocate has no bearing on Mandalorian morals. You have your Code, we have Resol'nare. Nothing in my mind makes your creed better than ours except for raw, abusive power that stands behind it." He paused. "I am here to kill a few Mandalorians, so I actually fit your model. But not consciously so. I believe in the exact opposite. Gems form under pressure, ease breeds decay. War equalises and sanitates, roots out blemishes, gives rise to symbols of unity and stories upon which beliefs of stable societies are formed. For a Mandalorian, war is moral."

Oddyn Vizsla

Postby Layne Hoshin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:55 pm

"Well, that's just stupid." she said, a paragon of eloquence.

She stood up again, holstering her shoto.

"I just fought one of your 'blooded', leading a bunch of others with the great and glorious task of destroying art. There is no honor there. No moral purpose. Just ignorant violence for the sake of violence. Your people could be so much more, if they'd only care to evolve."

Description
Layne Hoshin

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics