Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Day 3 LE: Meditation

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:54 pm

There was a concert outside but she would not go....It was not her kind of music either way, or so she told herself

''Time to meditate''

It was not easy for her...she always had a thousand and one idea for what to research and craft next so emptying her mind was somewhat uncomfortable
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
"Could I have been wrong?" -Baesal Zyn
Often seen with R5-T8: her droid assistant
Baesal Zyn

Re: Day 3 LE: Meditation

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:42 pm

OOC: Discipline + Force check at Easy.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Baesal breathed in, trying to put in practice the lessons of her Master and the Grandma'ster

meditation roll: 1eA+1eP+1eD+2eF 1 advantage, 1 Triumph, 4 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jedi- Togruta - Tinkerer - The Tentacle Entente? - Student of Master Raji Xen - 'splosions! -
Visible equipment: Heavy clothes, utility belt, googles, backpack, Soho lightsaber: The silver bladed ''Memory'', The red Ionblade ''The little sister'', lightshield, chromed cyberarm (left)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:47 pm

OOC: What would you like the Triumph to be?
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:52 pm

(OOC: Figure out who let the dogs out? I have no idea...perhaps an insight on what to prepare or a better understanding of the Doc's intention?)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Lunda-Old.jpg
Lunda-Old.jpg (27.15 KiB) Viewed 7861 times

Years have passed, perhaps decades and Baesal sits in the chambers of the Jedi Council deep in thought. She is herself, but more mature, older, wrinkles starting to show from age and maturity. Her form more filled out with time and growth. Her robes draped about her simply but elegantly.

Across from her sat Lunda, also older, gray streaks in her hair and that all knowing smile she carried. Lunda finally broke the silence, “You are going to have to decide what to do with her… I am just surprised the old Sith was still alive after all these years.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:12 pm

Baesal looked around, surprised but not really...it was a strange sensation.

''What is your opinion on the matter?'' the older Beasal asked while young Baesal had little idea of what was going on
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:18 pm

“Now I am the voice of reason. I believe she will do more harm than good, we end it here and now, if Layne were still with us she would agree. She understood how dangerous she had become, she is a monster, and I don’t see redemption as a path to anything but more sorrow,” Lunda responded calmly.

“Zash has to die, we both know that to be true.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:25 pm

Both Baesal were in agreement but for different reasons

''Zash is ever a danger...how and where was she captured?'' Old Baes asked while joining her hands. Young Baes tryed to push for more information but unsure if she could change the future and the past: Was it a vision or a conduit through time?

(OOC: Can young Baes push for some questions?)
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:32 pm

“Funny enough she came to us, she presented herself to the Jedi and said that she had grown tired and wished for asylum. I don’t believe it,” Lunda said calmly.

“She has a plan, not sure what it is, but after all these years I don’t trust she is just putting her fate in our hands. The mercy of the Jedi can only go so far,” she added.

“At least I know we are in agreement.”

OOC: What questions?
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:37 pm

(can young Baes delve into older Baes's memories and recollection of what happened between then and now?)

''She has a plan indeed...'' Baesal frowned, thinking ''Or she is afraid of something else''

She steepled her fingers

''But that is an assumption...Zash always wished for greater power. Where is she held?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Baesal has a vague sense of things; the Jedi Order is in decline… something happened… it ws important and devastated the Order and the Sith Empire… the faith in the Force is indecline. She is now one of the few Masters left and she is currently on Tython.

Layne died years ago in battle with this threat that nips at her thoughts. Lunda is also a Master on the council, there are two others but again mists. Zash is one of the last in the Sith… and the old Emperor is dead? Again uncertain. But an Empress now rules what is left of the Sith Empire.

She has a student, a young human named Torion Kel, brash but smart. Currently off world…

Lunda spoke, “I can take you to her, or have her brought here. Your choice.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Old Baesal took a breath

''Let's go meet her'' she said ''It is dangerous...but we have to take the risk''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:56 pm

“If she does anything I will end her, quickly, she can’t take the two of us. I am better prepared this time,” she said confidently.

The two made their way into the depths of the temple where a woman, now looking younger than Baesal sat in a meditative pose behind ray shields.
Lord Zash.jpg
Lord Zash.jpg (14.26 KiB) Viewed 7839 times

She smiled and said, “Aspirant Baesal, how many years has it been… I count at least fifty since you had the privilege to walk the hallowed sands of Korriban.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:58 pm

''Priviledge is a strong word Darth Zash'' she replied calmly

''What do you want exactly?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:03 pm

“Redemption.”

“I have lived a long and fruitful life and now I as I reflect on it, I can see that it has not been one that has truly fulfilled me. The Sith code has failed, the Sith Empire is crumbling… the Jedi Order is scattered, but I believe the stronger side. I come to offer something of value for my life and a chance of redemption.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Baesal listened

''I will not surprise you when I say I am doubtful...''

She tilted her head

''If you wish to find peace and redemption...why do you maintain the illusion of youth?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:12 pm

“Oh don’t be petty, this is my face now… my techniques improved over the years. I have mastered immortality, though the cost was… significant. Another misstep I shall spend many lifetimes making up for. I can help you, all I ask for is a chance for redemption. I know who hunts the Jedi and the Sith,” she responded.

“But I need your word of Asylum.”

“I say we end her now, she is toying with us. She can’t be left alive, she is too dangerous,” Lunda added.
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:18 pm

''I am curious as to your missteps Zash.'' she briefly looked at Lunda before returning he attention to Zash

''Before I decide...Tell me your story. Why is it you wish for redemption?''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:58 am

Zash was quiet and then said, “I am not sure we have time for a full accounting of my actions, master Jedi. Suffice to say I have pursued one goal, to explore the Force, bind it to my will, and learn those secrets few have achieved… even the now late Emperor.”

“I have snatched the secret of immortality, it took more lives than you may wish to learn. But I was not wasteful like the Sith Emperor, where he doomed a whole world I refined it to only thousands… and now I must live with their ghosts. I thought immortality and power would bring me solace, but I am alone, without allies… only enemies, mostly dead.”

“You may be the closest thing I have to a friend in the entire galaxy, and I value that connection.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:39 pm

''Power for power's sake is always a foolish endeavor.'' she replied thinking

''You are aware that even if we grant you asylum you will not exactly be free to do as you wish? We would do what we can to help you find redemption...but we would need to take precautions"
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:11 pm

“What are these precautions, master Jedi?” Zash replied coolly. “I expect I would be watched, no less than you were when you decided to defect. I would hope coming here under my own volition would show some good faith on my part.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:10 pm

''True but you are far more powerful then I was and certainly still are'' She tilted her head ''But I am sure this does not escape you''

She thougth for a moment, hands joining behind her back

''There was an old tradition practiced by the precursors of the Jedi, here on Tython. When someone would fall to far in the Dark Side they would be sent to meditate on Ashla, the white moon. I am not sure where you can find peace, Zash...but that is a good place place to start. You might remain there under watch for years or even perhaps decades...but I do not believe that this time would be that much of a bother to an immortal.''
Baesal Zyn

Postby Dapper Dog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:14 pm

“I find your terms acceptable,” she replied. “Deception was never your strong point, I know from experience.”
Lunda hissed, “Are you serious… after everything she has done, to me… to us? You are going to let her live!”
Dapper Dog

Postby Baesal Zyn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 pm

She calmly turned to Lunda

''I know well what she has done, I witnessed her actions back on Korriban all these years ago...before I could escape. She also sent assassins after Moyr and I on Nar Shaddaa and that was only the beginning.''

She paused for her words were heavy.

''I am fully aware of the weight this decision carries and agree she should pay for her crimes...but death will not do that. Death will not repair the wounds left behind in her wake. If anything her own immortality is her punishment: she will go on long after we are gone and forgotten. She will survive eons, destined to see all she knew turn to dust again and again before her. Should she find redemption, she might be able to make up for all the suffering...ending her curse to finally join with the Living Force.''

She looked in Mae's eyes

''We were hurt, yes, but we are fleeting things...we must prepare for the what will come if the Jedi are to survive''
Baesal Zyn

Next
Forum Statistics