Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Nixie Meets Pixie! (D4, MM)

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:14 am

Lyseil wasn't quite sure why she was seeking out this news-reporter, but there had been some nagging messages in her inbox about something-something-interview. Or something. The Commander was busy and she knew he wanted little to do with the press.

Well, then! Time for the Alderaanian Princess Charm (tm)! Lyseil straightened her crisp uniform and knocked on the quarters of the reporter.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Re: Nixie Meets Pixie! (D4, MM)

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 am

Nixie opened up the door in quite casual apparel. Her makeup, though, was quite on point. "Lyseil Panteer. You've made quite a few headlines on Alderaan, yes?" She gave a pleasant smile. "Come in, come in. Can I get you water or something more? Don't worry, I won't tell."
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:24 am

"Ma'm," Lyseil greeted with a bright smile. "Water will do just fine, thank you. It's going to be quite the hot day today, after all! But... huh... I didn't know I had made many headlines?" she blinked with what seemed like genuine surprise.
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 am

"Well, just like the acclaimed 'Captain Alderaan,' you are also of one of the noble houses there. How could not make the news from time to time?" The reporter waltzed over and fetched a quaint, compact bottle of water for the lady. The bottle was clearly made to be on camera and pretty!
Assistant to the GM | Devourer of Treats | Overseer of the Collection | Crier of Mandalorian Aide
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:16 am

"I suppose that makes sense..." Lyseil was just happy that the bottle of water looked like something that could have been sold on Alderaan as proper artesian water! "Thank you, m'am... or do you prefer miss Gladstone?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:44 am

"You can call me anything you want. That being said, is there something I should call you?" she asked with a smile. She went over and beeped her cameraman to come by.
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:45 am

"Sergeant Panteer should be fine, Miss Gladstone." Yes. That sounded a lot better! Now she just had to keep her cool with such a pretty reporter. Remember the lessons and not be too exuberant in her speech.

Lyseil took a sip of the water as she prepared herself mentally. She really hoped her hair would look nice on holo!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:58 am

Soon, the cameras were all set up and Nixie was sitting across from Lyseil. After a bit of fanfare at the beginning, she turned to the Alderaanian and smiled. "Sergeant Panteer, if my reports are correct, you have only just come to Bankor. What was more important than coming here immediately?"
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:13 am

Eep! Straight for the jugular!

"I was on a field excursion on Tatooine with professor Fez Burba. Communication in the Dune Sea is limited because of the frequent sandstorms, so it wasn't until we returned to Outpost Thorazan that I was able to recieve the communications from House Panteer that I was to assist the Republic efforts on Bankor on behalf of my House," her tone was clearly enthusiastic about coming out to fight the good fight and aid the poor people of Bankor! "Tatooine is pretty far out in the Outer Rim, so travelling took some time."

And then the clearances through the blockade and yadda-yadda.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 am

"Perhaps the Republic best invest in better communication lines instead of rumored 'doomsday' weapons. Say, Sergeant Panteer, what is your opinion on the dreaded Project: Evolution? Do you believe that the Republic needs to eliminate its enemies?"
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:58 pm

"That is certainly an investment I would support!" she agreed enthusiastically about communication lines, before remembering to keep herself a bit more demure.

"I'm not very familiar with the details of Project Evolution apart from what is in the public, but I can't say that I condone of such questionable scientific pursuits. We have a peace treaty with the Empire, and I think we should focus on diplomatic solutions where possible; not engineer 'doomsday' weapons, as you put it."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 pm

"Do you think Alderaan could be putting more money into such things like the communication lines, then? What about House Panteer?"

Nixie nodded. "But somebody in the Republic must have commissioned it. If had been your commanding officer that put in the order, what would you do?" She then smiled at the mention of the Empire. "Do you believe that the Sith will uphold their end of the treaty?"
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:34 am

Wow. That's a lot of questions! She blinked at the line of questioning, not sure what to expect from here!

"Uh, well, while I know Alderaan has supported such initiatives before significantly, it's easier said than done, especially for worlds that are not part of the Republic as not everyone appriciates suddenly having a huge load of new satelites and communication relays set up in their neighbourhoods... but, it's certainly something that could be considered for the future!"

She took a sip of water.

"Oh, huh, I honestly don't know what I'd do if my commanding officer did that..." Commander Malcolm would never! "... I would support any investigative group that would bring the truth to light!" Lyseil nodded firmly. "As for the Sith, I honestly don't know, but I really hope so!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 am

"Has Alderaan? You must be quite proud then, Sergeant Panteer."

The reporter folded her fingers. "One should always be vigilant, right? If something were to happen while under your watch, then you could be liable yourself, right? You would still further the investigation despite the potential damage to you and your family's prestige, correct?"

She clicked her tongue. "You are telling me that even after the power struggle on your own planet that you are not invested in politics regarding the Sith Empire?"
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Princess.exe has encountered an issue: please take preventive measures to avoid program-crash.

Lyseil looked a little flustered, like a cat that had just seen its owner take out the travel-cage for a visit to the vet.

"I would never willingly take part in something like this Project Evolution, so assisting any investigation would clear away any misplaced suspicion regarding my person." !!! "As for the politics of home, I have not been on Alderaan for two years, due to my research, but I have every faith in my family - both close and extended - to handle everything properly!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:43 pm

"Never willingly, surely. But there are instances where military personnel were unknowingly aiding in the advancement of such distasteful projects." She then smiled. "But I am sure you would not sully the Republic's name even then, Sergeant Panteer."

The reporter leaned back. "If the unthinkable were to happen, say, the destruction of the planet itself even, then the family line would fall to you. Then you would be responsible then, correct?"
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Lyseil gasped in obvious shock at such a statement. "D-d-de-destruction of the planet itself?!"

"Goodness," she took a deep breath. What sort of person thinks of scenarios like that? Is this a dastardly villain in disguise?! "If there were no surviving Panteers off-planet of higher rank and birth, then technically, yes... Blood of the Queen, I don't exactly think of theories of what would happen if my entire home and people were to be wiped out so!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:59 pm

The reporter dipped her head. "It is a time of war, Sergeant Panteer. But I understand that you are not too high-ranking among your House then." Another way of saying she was unimportant. "What are your duties for this campaign exactly, Sergeant Panteer?"
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:46 am

Lyseil's nose wrinkled in distaste of the reporter's insinuation that she was unimportant. She was still a princess of House Panteer!

... Just that she wasn't that closely related to the Queen. Her father's relation to the Queen was something like the queen's second cousin's nephew. And Alderaanian successions where complicated affairs that outsiders could not truly understand.

At least that question was more proper. "I have responsibility for many of the reports and other missives for Commander Malcolm, as well as assisting with the paperwork, logistics, and analysises."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:28 am

Nixie hid her smile behind a sip of her drink. She had taken pride from getting under the princess' skin.

"I see. Tell me, Sergeant Panteer, you spoke quite fondly of the Commander earlier. How long have you two been working together, exactly?"
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:33 am

Lyseil narrowed her eyes. Did she just...

"Commander Jace Malcolm is a great hero of the Republic, miss Gladstone. Very-very many people in this strike force respect and admire his leadership." Her tone became a tad terse. How dare she?! "My service record with him is very brief, as this is my first time working under his command. So it would only be since my arrival here on Bankor."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 am

"That he is. There is no need to be worried about your admiration for the man," she defused. It was her goal now to take higher ground. "Many young women in your position would feel the same honor and privilege to work under this command."
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:01 am

Lyseil wondered when this rollercoaster ride would end! Is this torture? Some really civilized form of torture?! Ugh, this is worse than being interrogated by grand-uncle Gail on my lessons!

"Uh, well, yes-yes? It is a great honor to serve such someone like Commander Malcolm. For men and women alike!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Nekoinu » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:35 am

"For men and women alike," she echoed. The reporter then nodded her head and smiled again. "Well, thank you for giving me your time, Sergeant Panteer. Always a pleasure to speak with such an esteemed individual." She maintained her smile until the camera light shut off. She then looked over to her cameraman and nearly shouted, "You better not have mucked up the footage again!"
Nekoinu

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:14 pm

"Thank you, thank you. It was a pleasure!" No it wasn't!

Lyseil heaved a sigh of relief when it was finally over. Blood of the queen, her teachers at the Academy never prepared her for bloodthirsty tabloid-reporters!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Next
Forum Statistics