Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

[D6 MM] Cold Sweat

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:11 am

Cole's eyes pinged open. His muscles were tense, aching, his entire body sheened with a thin layer of sweat. He stared at the ceiling, trying to catch his breath, as if he'd been running, trying to tell his body to relax, that it was safe. He'd slept late, after the meeting Niall had called, and felt slightly off balance. It was already uncomfortably hot. He was tired, stretched out, aching. It was time to start another day.
Galactic Republic Navy | Captain | Surgeon | Human | Profile | Avatar | Theme2
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

"It's too late for a revolution. Brace for the final solution."
Dr. Cole Ormont

Re: [D6 MM] Cold Sweat

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:30 am

There was a knock at the door.

And a "BAAAA!"
Jedi Padawan * Togruta * "Doctor" * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

Equipment: Lightsaber, Physician's Kit, Cursed Sword

Languages: Huttese, Togruti

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:37 am

Cole blinked, that was the unmistakable bleating of a goat, but his goats had been securely sheltered away from the barracks. He dragged himself out of bed and pulled on a pair of boxer briefs, rubbing his eyes as he sauntered to the door and opened it.

He'd lost weight. He'd never had any bulk on him, but at least on the huttball court he'd looked fit. At least his bones weren't starting to show yet. Stark against his pale skin was a large scar, stretching from one side of his body to the other. Seeing the togruta, "oh, Ashla, I forgot."
GEAR: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Custom Expanded Medpac, Mini-Med Droid, Datapad, Flask.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:47 am

Ashla notices the changes immediately. But decides to not to bring it up immediately. "I have a goat!"
Jedi Padawan * Togruta * "Doctor" * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:51 am

Running a hand through his hair, I'm too tired for this shit, he moved aside and waved her in. "I'll have to introduce you to Pepper and Piper," he said as if the small blue goats were the most normal thing in the galaxy. Maybe they were, the galaxy was a strange place, after all.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:00 am

"You have two?" Jo only gave her one. "Well, Kidaja the Goat does need to make friends." She gives the goat a toy.

"I came by to see how your meditation work has been going."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:12 am

"Kidaja?" Cole gave an amused snort, "that poor goat. I bought a goat, and every purchase came with a free goat." He rubbed his face, "I was thinking about donating them to the locals before we left the Emerald Valley, but I've gotten pretty attached." Dropping on the bed, he absently scratched along the underside of the widest part of the scar. It had the distinctive look of a burning wound that had been stitched up, it was quite obviously from a lightsaber.

Cole ran a hand through his hair, "I haven't been giving it as much practice as I should."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:10 am

"Oh. Interesting. I got a cursed sword." Ashla shrugs. "Probably should have bought a goat. I wonder how much a cursed goat would have costed me."

While Ashla doesn't hide that she's looking at it, she says nothing still. "Well, I guessed you weren't practicing. That's why I came here."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:35 pm

“A cursed sword? Sounds like something out of that Wookie game that’s been getting around.” He was aware of her eyes on the massive scar, “just ask already.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:06 am

"You're gonna make me?" Of course he is. It's not like he's less prideful.

"What happened?" Ashla was rooting for Vera Hawke cosplay gone horribly wrong, but felt she wasn't going to like the answer.

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:44 am

He half-shrugged, "if you're just going keep staring, I'm going to assume you either want to ask, or jump me," running a hand through his curls, "and I'm too tired if it's the second one." Stretching, "I got a little too close to a wounded Sith."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:26 am

"And what? You tripped and fell? When did this happen?" Before he can say anything else, "And don't skimp on the details. I'm sure you wouldn't let me if the case was reversed, and I should be getting sliced by sith."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:39 am

"Right," he agreed on both points. "I've been working with a small peacekeeping force, a small team of medics with a few body guards. A few months ago we were close to Imperial space when we intercepted a distress call. It was a small vessel, crippled, scans said there was only one person left alive aboard. I took my team to extract him."

"He was barely conscious when I approached, but aware enough to try and lash out at me."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:58 am

Ashla nods. Not the best, not the worst scenario. "What happened after he took a swipe at you?" Ashla assumes, he still tried to save the man, because that's the kind of masochist he is. That's also why she admired him.

Not that she would ever say that.

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:06 am

"Guy could barely lift his saber, or else I wouldn't have lived to tell about it." He absently rubbed at the scarred flesh, "whatever happened to his ship, it seems someone wanted to go for round two, because the next thing I know, there are starfighters dropping out hyperspace, and the group captain's telling us we have to go. So I picked up him and my insides, and got out of there."
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:35 am

Of course, you did.

"Did he at least he at least apologize after you saved him?"

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:29 pm

“He thanked me for saving his hide, which I figure is about as good as I could hope for.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:07 am

Ashla chuckles. "Probably. But honestly, nothing less than I expected of you."

Ashla frowns, not sure how to bring it up. "And why do you look like you haven't had a good meal in forever?" She decided to go tactfully.

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:49 pm

“That’s easy,” he lifted a hand as if to adjust his spectacles, but he hadn’t put the on yet, so the hand went through his curls, “because I haven’t.” There was blunt openness that was a little too truthful for his usual deadpan humour. “I had a section of my small intestine taken out, it was perforated and the scarring would have messed things up anyway. Since then, eating hasn’t been as fun as I remember.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:29 am

Ashla seems somewhat relieved. "Good. Well, not good, but.... I was just conce-.... I just wanted to make sure you're taking care of yourself. Sometimes, you give too much of yourself. It's... admirable, but I do worry about you."

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 am

Cole’s first instinct was to say something mocking, but he was genuinely touched by her concern, for the first time he could recall, it seemed to come from a genuine place. Shaisha’s prideful reminders to take care and Niall’s stiff orders-but-not-orders had always seemed self-serving in some way, the things you said because it was automatic. Cole realised he’d been silent a little too long, he nodded, “thanks, Ashla.”

“I’m still too tired,” he quipped after a moment, to lighten the mood.
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:13 am

"Well, you're a doctor in a warzone. It's to be suspected. Well, at least you got a couple of goats from this one." Ashla tried to lighten the mood.

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 am

Cole dropped back onto the bed, reaching up to put his arms behind his head. Stretched out like that, his ribs poked up. "Truth be told, I have been working too hard and sleeping too little. But what else are you going to do on a small frigate halfway between one planet and the next?"
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:09 am

"Drink and become one of those crudmongey doctors on the vid like Ship?"

Ashla shrugs. "Maybe you can come back to Coruscant on my ship? You gotta go back to request your leave, right?"

M2-RZ
Ashla Vyliis

Postby Dr. Cole Ormont » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:18 pm

He raised his head to look at her, “I’m plenty curmudgeonly,” and Cole laid back again to look at the ceiling. “When I was out with the peacekeeping group, we’d drop onto a planet, spend a few hectic days providing aid and trying to grab a few winks on the transports. Then we’d be off to the next place, just me, hyperspace, a medbay, and a handful of the same crew I’d been working with all year.”

Cole ran a hand through his hand best he could though his was lying down, “you work, you sleep, you try not to get too far up each other’s snouts.”
Speaks Huttese, Mando'a.

Dr. Cole Ormont

Next
Forum Statistics