Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Goodnight Kiss (Day 7 Late Evening)

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Zanebry walked through the halls of the barracks, finally arriving at a fairly familiar one. There was no need to hide, and as he walked into the building, he did so with confidence. A few moments later he was at a familiar door and knocking. He wasn't sure Miss Anacapri was in, but if she was he wished to share the news.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Ship: Three Drinks Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Re: Goodnight Kiss (Day 7 Late Evening)

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:22 am

"Mr. Varliss," she said when she opened the door. She was well-kept and had a respirator dangling from her belt. Her room was also progressing along, though she still had work to do with the bed setting technique. "Is there something I can help you with?"
Republic | Orphaned by War | High Class | Aspiring President | Human

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:34 am

"Oh, I just wanted to talk if you had a few moments." He offered with a easy smile. "Though I should first apologize, for not coming to see you sooner. You went through a very trying ordeal with the tempt on your life, my apologies I wasn't able to be there to help you." Sane finished, removing his hat and placing it over his chest, as he dipped his head in apology.
Neutral * Human* Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Drifter * Fast Hands * Experienced Hat

Gear: Audh'reh (blaster pistol), Izze'belle (blaster pistol), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat Jacket, Gloves, stims, utility belt, secure comm link

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:40 am

"I have managed, Mr. Varliss," she said, trying to appear confident, "I was not the one who was wounded, after all. I cannot allow any setbacks to keep me from performing my role for the Resistance." The lady opened up the door fully. "May I fetch you some water or tea, then?"

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:51 am

"I knew you would say that." Zane offered, a warm smiled playing across his lips as he stepped into the door. "But my apology still stands, if only for the sake of my conscious. His eyes scanned the room, it really was coming along quite well.

"Tea, I'm recently returned from that blasted forest, and something soothing would be a treat, thank you."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:41 am

The woman nodded and set up the kettle to warm up some tea. She was at least able to heat up some water by herself. "I imagine why you did not come, Mr. Varliss," she stated as she pressed the button, "I will not lie. It would have been nice to have your company."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:51 am

"I didn't want you to think, I was taking advantage of the circumstances." He admitted. "And I couldn't quite convince myself I wouldn't be."

"I would of liked to be here though. Instead I spent the night drinking too much."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:12 am

"That sounds exactly like you," she said with a weak smile. She took a seat as she waited for the water to heat up. "I thought about you nonetheless, despite what we both decided was wise. There is nothing to be done about wayward thoughts," she concluded lamely.

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:24 am

Zane took a seat beside her on the bed, not to close. "I could give you a few more excuses if it helps. That was the night I could the location of Melv Tannol after all. But that would be all it would be, excuses."

He breathed out a low sigh. "There is a lot of truth in that, though I often wish it was different." He looked her way and smiled. "Not that I mind it too much when you invade."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:41 am

The lady gave a soft smile. "Excuses are not naturally invalid. They offer explanation for why events occurred." She watched the kettle as it continued to heat up. "You do not need to give me more of them, though. I knew you were busy too."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:01 am

"Been keeping tabs on me?" Zane asked jokingly, before looking up towards the ceiling. "You're right though excuses do have uses."

"Which is probably why in the back of my head I'm trying to think of one that let's me kiss you." His lips curled into a smirk. "I suppose those wayward are at it again."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:22 am

Nytera gave him a coy look before the kettle began to screech. "Oh, would you look at that. Another excuse." She got up to go pick out a packet from her belongings. "I admit that I miss my old collection very much. But that is the least of what I have lost in this invasion."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:32 am

That brought a laugh to his lips, as he shook his head. "If there is a specific blend you're looking for, let me know. Given enough time I can find most things."

He watched her for a few moments as she worked, before turning his gaze towards the prefabricated ceiling. "I take it though that tea is a favorite of yours?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:50 am

"Oh, that is not necessary right now. I would really rather not have you spend your time that way." She plopped the bag into the cup and poured in the water. "I used to love having tea. Definitely an everyday affair."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:07 am

"It would be no trouble, but I won't push." He let his eyes drift towards her again, observing how she moved. "Used to?"

"That makes it sound like you don't anymore."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 am

"Well, the tea here is not exactly the most pleasant. I am more inclined towards rarer sorts." She gave a sheepish smile. "And to be honest, I do not even recall what tea I enjoyed. I was always given my favorite by my nanny." Nytera poured out the cup and set it on the table. "And now there are unpleasant memories surrounding her." She glanced at him. "Is this the part where you tell me to not let the Mandalorians ruin tea for me?"

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:35 am

"No." He offered after a moment. "But then I'm not the healthiest when it comes to bad memories, so my advice on the subject is likely a little skewed." Zane rose to his feet and crossed the floor.letting his hand move to the glass of tea. "I just think we all deal with pain in our own way. Me? I like to keep it close to me."

"You might prefer a distance, and anyways there are more things to drink then tea out there." He reached his hand in his pocket to produce a flask. "My preference is for whiskey." He finished offering it her way.

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:12 pm

The lady nodded. "I am not the sort to face my pain. I prefer it floating on by. Perhaps that means it can come back to haunt me."

She eyed the flask of whiskey and smirked. "I drank alcohol because it was what everyone wanted, what everyone did. From the wine at galas to disgusting swill at university gatherings." She then sighed. "Of course, I would be dishonest if I said that I did not like it myself. But I believe I should pass for tonight."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 pm

"That's really all up to you." He replied softly as he stored the flask back in his pocket. "A wise chouce."

There was s short pause as he watched her for a few moments the look in his eyes almost wistful, as he slowly turned the tea cup on the table. "It would be foolish if me to ask you to dance with me at the Jizz night two days from now wouldn't it?"

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:52 am

Nytera smirked. "Well, you are a Republic hero, are you not? Or is there something about your history I should be aware of?" The woman gave a soft smile. "Politics. Politics tugging at me again. I can give you a dance, Mr. Varliss, but it would be folly to expect us to be more. I suppose said dance could be a taste of what could have been if we were able to do more."

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:00 am

"I've got a medal or two of that's what you're asking." His lips curled into a wry smile. "Not, that the paperweights mean much to me." He shook his head. "There is some to my past though, and if you want to know you can ask me."

His lips twitched into a soft smile. "If it's a taste of folly, I'd prefer two days worth." He sought her eyes with his. "But I dont suppose that's something you can afford to grant me."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:25 am

"I do not need to know about your past, Mr. Varliss. In a way, not knowing maintains the aura of mystery that surrounds you," she said with a smile.

Nytera peered back at him, her tone turning more defensive. "Is that what you have been searching for this entire time, Mr. Varliss?"

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:34 am

"Tonight?" His lips slid into a faint smile. "I just didn't want to be alone." He let his fingers slip away from the cup of tea.

"I suppose I just wanted to avoid my darker side." He let out a soft sigh. "I shouldn't of tried to involve you in that though. So you have my apologies, Miss Anacapri."

He took a step back, dipping his head in farewell. "I will show myself out."

Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nytera Anacapri » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:43 am

She bit her lip and went to block the door. "Curse you, Mr. Varliss. A man of mystery, so alluring and yet so difficult to interact with." She reached out to take one of his hands. "Just tell me now: what do you want? What do you need?"

Played by Nekoinu
Nytera Anacapri

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:02 am

He looked down, suddenly ashamed, moments like this were exactly why he had warned her... Warned himself. "I want you, like I have since we kissed." He murmured at last. "But I can't, which is why I kept telling you... in doing so I was telling myself."

He looked up a shadow of sorrow behind his eyes. "I'd have you keep me here until morning, through whatever means you like. But you shouldn't, I've forced you." His lips curled into a wry smile. "I've done what I promised myself I wouldn't, and preyed upon your good intentions."

He let his eyes drift up to hers. "Which is why you should let my hand go, Nytera."

Zanebry Varliss

Next
Forum Statistics