Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Re: Han Kaine & the Galaxy Raiders of the Lost Holocron (D7,

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:55 am

His words made her blush a little. "... That means a lot to me to hear."

"But... we are talking about this now, yes? I mean, this is between you, me, and her! Not Z, or anyone else, really," she huffed, clearly a little annoyed that Niall's friend had wanted to insert himself into that particular issue. "Anyway - it seems we understand eachother. I think?" Lyseil's smile was hopeful. It seemed they cared about eachother, but weren't going to do anything stupid about this.

"And likewise, you can always talk to me!"
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:30 am

"Okay." Niall said softly, smiling. He sighed, his arm briefly rubbing along her back, affectionate more than intimate. "I'm not entirely what we are to each other, but there's no denying that we have a connection. And that means a lot to me."

He shook his head. "It's been... rather an emotional day, I admit. Perhaps it's not the time for me to try to sort this out, even if I do need to." He looked back to her, his lips quirking. "But it's the perfect time for watching a movie with someone I'm very close with."
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:03 pm

"Yes-yes," she chuckled, giving him one more hug, before returning to how they were before. "It's the perfect time for that!" It's been a rough day - with his sister's killer. Though... maybe he should consider talking with his Jedi-lady sometime...

"It's been a long day for you," Lyseil said softly, but affectionately, "so it's probably better to deal with those troubles another time."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:26 pm

"Another time. But as you said, we understand each other. That's a great relief to me, actually." Niall sighed pleasantly.

He reached over with his free hand, gathering a bit of popcorn, and guiding it safely to his mouth, thank you very much. On-screen, the male lead and female lead, having exchanged a bit of screaming and a number of insults, began to passionately kiss. "It always works that way in movies, doesn't it?" Niall murmured. "They really should talk more."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:41 am

Lyseil chuckled, helping herself to more of the popcorn one piece at a time. "Oh? Here I was thinking that it's always so silly in these movies that the two love interests fling insults at eachother before they start kissing and moving to the bedroom. I mean, do people really do that in real life?" she laughed softly.

"It would explain some relationships very well though..." At least she could imagine that Azura and Jax were something like that.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:55 am

Niall gave Lyseil a quick glance, one eyebrow going up. "It almost sounds as though you have some relationship in mind for that, Lyseil." He murmured, amused.

He shrugged, the motion of his body shifting hers, but not much. "I imagine it does happen. One does wonder about the long term viability of those sorts of relationships, though." He nodded at the screen again. "It's probably easier when they only have to make us believe it for two hours, and then we assume that it works out somehow off camera."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:03 am

"Maybe?" she grinned a little as she glance back at Niall. "More speculating than anything, though. Not any relationship I have been in though!" she added in quickly to clarify, so Niall wouldn't get the wrong idea.

The feeling of him shifting closer to her made her smile, even if it was just a little. "Hm, yes... I suppose so. Just doesn't strike me as a way to have a healthy relationship. I mean... I don't think I've ever seen my parents shout at eachother, and certainly not insulted eachother like that." That made Lyseil laugh softly. "It's always very playful barbs at eachother, from what I've seen."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:41 am

"No, no, of course not. I didn't think so." Niall agreed, smiling. "Nor I. I wouldn't expect that sort of thing of either of us." His lips pursed briefly. "Although that sort of thing can also surprise you."

He, too, laughed softly. "Oh, yes. That's much more the Alderaanian way." He sighed, reminiscing. "For my parents, both of them can do an incredible icy silence. When one would be mad at the other, they'd both just talk to us children more. If they were both mad, neither would talk at all. And then we wouldn't talk either." He smiled. "Rayne and I were very good at communicating silently, though."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:50 am

Lyseil laughed as she munched on some more of the popcorn, resisting the urge to flick one at Niall.

"Hm... not quite the same with my parents. Rather, they'd be kind of snipey and sassy with eachother. Like, say we'd be talking about an upcoming family party, then they'd both be vaguely hinting at some other time when the other one did something to mess up, like: 'hopefully this time, there will not be some drunk buffoon on the dance-floor', to which father will reply with: 'if people danced more maybe it would not happen'. Then they'll kind glare at eachother, but smile... which is why I know they like eachother still after all these years." Thinking about her two parents with their quips and witty remarks to eachother made her smile with a touch of home-sickness. "I sometimes suspect that's how they got together; sniping remarks at eachother at some banquet."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:30 am

For his part, Niall only occasionally munched on the popcorn. For him, it was less about the snack, and more about what it added to the experience. Popcorn was part of watching movies, after all.

"Mmm. That sounds nice. Their own banter." Niall murmured. Idly, he gave her a little squeeze with his arm, not entirely aware of doing so. "My parents have their own ways of communicating, but they've always struck me as rather serious." He made a face. "Not that I'm exactly a barrel of laughs, but I'm sure you know what I mean."

"They married awfully young, too." Niall mused idly, most of his attention on the movie. "My mother's just turning forty-five this year, and father's going to be forty-eight." He wasn't sure about the significance of that; perhaps they were lucky to have things worked out so well?
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:36 am

"Mm... sounds about the same age as my parents. Married young and stuff. Luckily for me, not being the oldest means they've not pushed too much on me to marry, but with Reland now having scored married with kids, goodness... I will probably have them breathing down my neck the moment I return to Alderaan," Lyseil said with a pleasant chuckle, as if she was well aware of how it was going to be. It was how it often was for the nobility though.

Lyseil's attention was on the movie, but it was also a movie she knew by heart. Part of the reason she had chosen to see this one with Niall; she wouldn't be missing out on stuff she hadn't seen before if they got too chatty!

"You're the oldest though, so be careful! The doom of wedding bells will soon toll for thee!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:22 am

Niall laughed openly at that. "Having succeeded with one child, they're now moving their efforts to the others? My word." Still chuckling, he shook his head. "No doubt you're right. Perhaps..." Niall pursed his lips. He'd been going to suggest that her mother was already planning to set her up with suitors, but he found that he didn't quite want to say the joke.

"Mmm. Perhaps so." Niall said dryly. "They do bring it up from time to time." His smile faded just a little. "Although they've lost some of the energy they used to put into it, these last few years." Indeed, they still hadn't recovered from Rayne's death. He wasn't sure he had, either.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:30 am

"Something like that?" she grinned, imagening her parents having battleplans involving all their children and how to move forward!

Lyseil pressed her lips together, picking up on the signs of what he was saying. "... Have you talked to them lately? Let you know that you're doing fine out here?" she suggested, wondering if maybe there was something that could be done to help Niall and his family... Rayne's family.

Not that she had called her parents either since arriving on Bankor... but that was a minor detail!
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:02 am

Niall's expression turned thoughtful. "No, in fact I haven't. I recorded a message for them, in case..." He grimaced. There was no need to clarify further.

"But perhaps I should. I know they worry. You're right, of course." He gave her a playful nudge with his hip. "Do you want me to say hi for you? I think they'd like that."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Lyseil knew what he meant. And she knew she should probably record something like that too... in case something happened. She just didn't know what to say though...

"From me?" she looked at him questioningly. "Wouldn't they be asking you all sorts of questions if they knew I was here with you, hm?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Niall's lips quirked, and he chuckled softly. "Perhaps they would. But I assure you, I've gotten very good at deflecting all sorts of parental questions. Especially of the sort you might be worried about."

He gave her another little playful nudge. "Even so, there aren't any answers that I feel uncomfortable giving them just yet. We've spent some time together. Rode some vusas. Watched a movie." He smiled. "They certainly don't need to know how roundabout I was in asking you on a date."

He sighed. "And I think they'd like to hear hello from a friend of Rayne's."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Lyseil could already see how it would go if Niall's mother was anything like hers.

"Oh, Lyseil Panteer. Let's call her mother! And let's casually drop that our son and daughter happen to be on the same planet and spending time together!"
"Why, lady Organa! It sounds like they're getting along swimmingly - and you know, the young captain Organa is such a good young man. We are so pleased to know that our little Lyseil is safe with such a handsome captain to look after her."
"You flatter, lady Panteer, but yes we are so proud of our Niall. If only he could just easen some of his mother's worry and find a nice young girl to settle down with..."

Cue the wedding-planning.

Chuckling, she gave a nod. "Sure, I suppose it couldn't hurt? I probably should give my parents a call at some point too... let them know I'm still keeping out of trouble."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:34 pm

Indeed, when he'd first mentioned it, he'd forgotten about the Alderaanian mothers network. As Lyseil ran though the conversation in her head, Niall was almost following along. His eyes widened just a little bit as he imagined much the same thing, with much the same results...

Well, it wasn't really their parents' business, anyway. Not yet. Niall relaxed a little.

"Parents do appreciate knowing that." He said. After a moment, he gave her a glance. "How much do you think you'll tell them about what you've been doing here?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:21 pm

"Eh, probably most of the truth: Yes, mother, I've been keeping out of trouble - working for the commander does keep me fairly busy." She remarked with a brief laugh. "And yes, that would include telling her that Captain Alderaan is here too and maaaaybe say he looks better in person than he does on the posters."

Lyseil playfully patted Niall's arm to emphasize her point.
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Niall laughed at that. "Oh, those posters. I'm still not sure that was the best idea. But apparently I made enough of an impression at the Nar Shaddaa talks that they thought I could do more..." He tilted his head, looking at her. "More handsome you say? And they did their best to get my good side..." Unconsciously, he was giving her his best smile at the moment...

His smile shifted as his lips quirked, as they so often did. "But actually, I was referring more to the sorts of things we did today. Helping people, but at risk to yourself. When I speak to my parents, I sometimes..." His lips pressed together a moment, "-elide a certain amount of the risk."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm

Lyseil laughed too. She did think he was handsome, and looked much better in person than he did on the posters!

"I'm sure somewhere, someone has done the math to see that recruitment numbers are up some percentage because of those posters," she teased and booped his nose again with the tip of her finger, since his guard had been lowered.

She did lose some of the playfulness with the mention of the potential dangers earlier that day. "Oh, that... hmm... I tend to not mention that stuff. I don't want them to worry too much. I mean, I figure they know there's dangerous stuff going on, since it's a war and all, but I don't think telling them the details will make it any better."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:02 pm

And so, once again, the normally dignified Niall found his nose the target of a booping. He snickered, a sound he didn't often make. His free hand came up to capture hers; a defensive measure, surely, protection against further assault. Not just because he liked the feel of her hand in his.

"Hmmm! No more of that, you!" He grinned at her, his face not far from hers. "Besides, if we're talking about who would look good on a recruitment poster, perhaps we should look no further. I'm sure that smile of yours on a poster would be enough to bring us up another few percentage points.

As the conversation grew more serious, so did Niall, his grip on her hand relaxing. "Yes. I feel the same way." He sighed, although his smile was still there, at least somewhat. "Sometimes it feels strange that no one back home really knows the things we've done. Not really. It's for the best, but I've thought about it from time to time."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 pm

Her smile became less playful and more fond as he held her hand. "Me... on a poster?" Lyseil was thoroughly embarrassed as she giggled. "I don't know, I'd probably have to shape up even more for something like that. Already I'm working out to look better for that swimsuit-thing..."

Which meant she punished herself on the treadmill at the end of the day... and would eat like a glutton (as much as circumstances allowed) the rest of the day and complain that her thighs kept thicker despite excersising.

"But... hm, I don't know. I suppose a lot of people would be horrified about what war is like. But to never tell them...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:31 pm

"Oh, right. The swimsuit." Niall's eyelids flickered. "I'd almost forgotten about that. Almost, but not quite." He smiled at her. "I rather think you might be underestimating just how lovely you are, Lyseil Panteer." He said, his voice soft.

"Yes, exactly." Idly, as they spoke, Niall's fingers brushed against hers almost playfully. "It's something I've wondered about before. Protecting someone, versus possibly horrifying someone." He shrugged; his workouts had clearly been paying off, judging by his shoulder muscles. "But the truth isn't really something that people should be protected from, is it?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Lyseil blushed, and her lips pressed together in a thin line as she wasn't quite sure what to say to that. And well, she was noticing that Niall was in pretty good shape himself... though to be fair, he was a career-soldier, and she was not.

"... I don't think we should keep the truth from people. At least not most of the time," her fingers curled gently around Niall's fingers in response to his touch. "It's just hard to tell what should be kept secret and what should be brought to light."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics