Rows and rows of portable structures housing six personnel to a structure with small 3m by 3m rooms with a unisex Refresher bay.

Re: Han Kaine & the Galaxy Raiders of the Lost Holocron (D7,

Postby Niall Organa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:54 pm

"Yes." Niall agreed with a sigh. "That is the difficult part." His fingers moved against hers, curling in response, gently entwining.

He sighed again, his eyes going distant. "Perhaps, once this is all over, I'll have a word with my parents. Sit down, tell them everything. Nothing held back. It seems better that way. Although, I suppose they had a taste of my reality back two years ago, when I was shot." Refocusing his gaze, Niall looked at Lyseil, smiling just a little. "I suppose you saw the scar, didn't you? Speaking of swimsuits." He nodded down towards his chest, where the pink star-shaped scar had been.
Republic | Human | Captain Alderaan | Inspiring Rhetoric | Nice Cape
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:57 pm

In truth, Lyseil hadn't really seen the scar when he had been parading around the swimwear, as she had been looking at everything else, but it was something she had noticed later looking at the picture she had sneakily taken. "I... noticed, yes," she nodded. "What happened there? I mean, you were shot and survived, that much is obvious, heh... so that sounded a bit of a silly question to ask, I guess."

She shook her head. "I make a poor soldier in comparison. I've never been shot. Been in a couple of scraps, but not like a blaster-fight, and mostly I seem to get away with maybe just a bruise."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 am

Niall smiled gently. "I can hardly recommend it. Thankfully, I don't think it takes being shot to make someone a good soldier. More like the courage you displayed today."

Lyseil would feel his hand on hers hesitate briefly, then relax. "I only gave to the very brief version before, didn't I? I can share the longer one."

The movie played on; the climax was fast approaching, as the hero battled atop a fast-moving train. "It was in the last month of the..." Niall's lips thinned. "-I'm not entirely sure what to call our involvement on Tatooine. It wasn't quite a war, but it certainly felt like it sometimes. Mostly it was a lot of competing objectives, the occasional bit of blaster fire exchanged. But right there at the end, things got hot. No pun intended."

Niall took a deep breath. "We had a little bit of warning before they hit, enough to dig in a little. But they hit hard. I was in cover. There was a Sith closing in. I popped up and took a shot at them, but they batted my blaster bolt away without a glance. And then I was hit."

He gave her a sidelong glance, considering for a moment. "I remember everything, although I didn't always. A heavy weight on my chest, intense pain. The sensation of moving; my sergeant dragging me to safety, as I understand. Someone else grabbed me, and it was then I passed out. My sergeant died in the same fight; I never got to thank him." He paused, frowning and blinking.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:34 am

Her hand found the place where his scar was as he filled in the details, and part of her imagination was picturing how terribly wrong it could've gone.

"Hmm..." she breathed out slowly, leaning her head against his shoulder. Like a cat butting their head against someone to show their affection. "... it's always tricky to lose people like that, isn't?" Lyseil sighed softly and her hold on Niall's hand tightened slightly.

"My first expedition, as a research assistant, we were on Felucia. It's a pretty wild world in the Outer Rim. Things seemed to be going fine, until an acklay suddenly trampled its way into our camp. I..." she hugged herself closer to Niall, "I managed to react quickly, from training with the Panteer House forces, and get everyone away to safety. Everyone except one."
Alderaanian Princess | Human | Sergeant | Archaeologist | Natural Scholar and Hunter | Enthusiastic | Heightened Awareness
Profile | Theme 2

Has: Tailored armored uniform (House Panteer), Nova Blaster pistol, datapad, stims, commlink, utility belt with odds and ends
Combat: House Panteer Forces Armor (Defense 1, reduce damage from fire and burn by 1), grenades, Nova Blaster pistol, extra ammo, stims, utility belt with odds and ends
Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:11 am

Niall remained still, scarcely breathing, as Lyseil's hand found the scar on his chest. It was just tangible through the fabric of his tank top. He remained silent and still as she squeezed his hand, as she leaned against his chest, except to put his other arm gently around her.

"Yes." He agreed, his voice soft and deep. "One always remembers. I see their faces when I close my eyes..." He did so, his eyelids drifting slowly shut. And just as slowly, he smiled. "But lately I've been finding that a comfort.

The grey eyes flickered back open. "Did you want to tell me what happened?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:25 am

"Mm, it's not something I've talked about with a lot of people," she admitted, as she was finding some relief in sharing it. "I mean... it all happened pretty fast. All peaceful and quiet, and then suddenly this enormous predator in the middle of camp. But thinking back to it, I don't think there's much I could've done to save him. Quinn. Maybe he thought he could stop it, or buy the rest of us time."

Lyseil didn't cry, or weep over what had happened, as it was something she had come to terms with some time ago already. "It... just always felt odd that the others thanked me for saving them and looking after them until help came, when I felt I didn't do much."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:20 am

Without the need to comfort Lyseil, or be comforted by her, the embrace was more of a shared experience, something they were doing together while they spoke about things they had both done. It made the conversation feel more intimate, or perhaps more honest.

"That sounds like a fair description of a firefight." Niall said. "Just substitute 'enemy squad' for enormous predator."

He tiled his head back, the better to meet her eyes. "And if it helps, I think I'm the same way. It's somehow easier to remember the people you failed to save than the people you did." He smiled sadly a moment, then his eyebrows went up. "If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you do to save everyone?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:40 am

Lyseil leaned back slightly in response to Niall tilting his head back, so they could both see eachother's eyes.

"I sometimes wish I remembered him more, to be honest. I hardly knew him, we were both rookies and new assistants," she said with some embarrassement in her voice. "Well... I remembered that acklays, while being capable of seeing in the dark because they spend a lot of time underwater, actually are very near-sighted and don't really see very well. So I took a chance and fired a flare gun as close to its face as I could. Didn't hit it spot on, but close enough and I think that blinded it enough at least to not see us running."

She moved a hand up to his shoulder and let it rest there - there was some comfort in feeling him nearby like that.

"I kept us together when we ran, figuring it would be hard to find eachother again afterwards, and guided them to a low cave I had spotted earlier that day. Again, taking a chance that there wasn't anything bigger in there, but the cave-ceiling was pretty low, like, less than a meter, so the chances of the acklay finding us in there were pretty small. We stayed in there until the next day... I think it was maybe 10 hours? Camp was pretty busted, but some things still worked, like the emergency beacon - so as long as that was running, we just had to stay put until help came. A lot of the food had been taken by other animals while we were gone though - so I think everyone kind of had their mind blowns in surprise when the one they thought was the spoiled Alderaanian princess was the one who knew how to survive in the wilderness." Now she smiled with some pride. "People always underestimate us Alderaanians and forget that nature is such a central part of our life, history, and culture. You know, a lot of our society was built on preserving the nature and ecosystem of Alderaan," Lyseil snickered with a knowing glint in her eyes.

"So... keeping a cool head and thinking fast in the face of danger, and knowing how to survive in the wilderness. That's basically it in summarizing how we made it off Felucia after an encounter with an acklay."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:41 am

Niall listened, his eyes widening bit by bit at the rather dramatic tale. His lips, expressive in their way, twitched from time to time, especially as she described her various bits of quick-thinking, and the way her superior knowledge saved the day. That is... very impressive. Was it strange that that excited him a bit? Hopefully not.

"I do know that, actually." Niall said, grinning. "I may have had a different focus than you lot over at the Select Academy, but I know Alderaan's history as well as the next fellow." His eyes glinted. "Although not quite so well as you, I expect."

Niall shifted a little, taking a breath, feeling her hand move against his shoulder. "That was an impressive story, but not a surprising one. Not after today." He inclined his head to her, even while keeping his eyes on hers. "I assure you, I won't ever be underestimating you, Lyseil."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:47 am

"Good!" Lyseil smiled happily, almost with a sparkle in her eyes, and pulled Niall closer into a hug with the hand on his shoulder. "I don't know if I could've managed to work so well under pressure today if not for that trial-by-fire with the acklay, but... I don't know, maybe it's that Alderaanian stiff upper lip that keeps us focused when the situations get sticky?"

She chuckled, though there was some pride in her now that she had seen Niall's reaction. "But of course, you're from Alderaan too, so you know us Panteers aren't push-overs, eh?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:01 pm

Niall just had time to smile at that sparkle in Lyseil's eyes, and then she pulled him into a hug. He squeezed her gently, savoring the closeness. "Indeed not. I think no one does stiff upper lip quite so well as the Panteers. You were born to it, after all."

He sat back, just a tiny bit, although he kept his arms around her, hands resting on her back. "Actually, that's something that I was never the best at. Having one face for public, and another for private wears on me. Not to say that I don't do it..."

Niall's lips curled up. "Although it's very refreshing to have someone I don't have to do that with. Like you." He brought one hand up, moving it slowly towards her cheek...

It diverted, one finger extending to poke her nose. "Boop." Niall said, his tone serious.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:18 pm

As Niall's hands rested on her back, Lyseil's hands lazily rested over his shoulders where they nearly touched together behind his neck.

"I try not to be too much of one public face and a private one; what you are is what you get! Well, mostly..." she laughed softly. "... good. I'm glad you can be yourself with me---"

Her words were cut short by the boop.

"Ah!!! My royal nose!" She grinned as she quickly covered up her nose with her hands. "It's been assaulted!"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 pm

As so often seemed to happen with Lyseil, Niall couldn't help but laugh, his grey eyes lighting up. "Oh no, your royal nose!" He echoed, still laughing softly. "How could I?"

His hands slid from her back up to her shoulders. "Well, consider it a lesson in dealing with an Organa. However you deal with us, we respond in kind." Actually, the Organas were often a bit more generous than that, but the line sounded good.

Without being able to see the Royal Nose, Niall's eyes flickered up to the Royal Eyes. And then from there down to the Royal Lips... Niall's own lips parted, just a little. They were so close... he shouldn't. Should he? "We... the movie's about to finish." He murmured.
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 pm

She kind of noticed Niall's wandering gaze, and it made her much more aware of herself in a... different way. Her lips slowly pressed together as she tooka deep breath.

"Yeah... don't wanna miss the big finale, right?" Lyseil smiled easily, and decided it was best not to push anything too much now. It seemed they both wanted to do more, but... she knew Niall might regret it later. And then she'd regret it too. I don't want to hurt him, or the one he cares about. She respected him too much to do that.

So, she turned her attention back to the movie. "I remember mother being a bit frustrated with father for letting me see this at such a young age. She always thought this scene was rather grotesque..."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 pm

For the second time that day, someone else was there to pick up the slack when Niall's resolve faltered. As they parted, he took a deep breath of his own. One arm slid from around her, coming back to rest at the side. The other, though, remaining familiarly on her back.

Another deep breath. "Oh, yes." Niall chuckled softly. "This scene. I remember. I suppose that's one way to deal with all of the villains while allowing the heroes to keep their hands clean." His expression turned thoughtful. "A rather convenient plot device."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:50 pm

"It's one that's often used in stories, I've noticed," she said as she snuggled up close to him again as they both returned their focus to the movie. "But I don't mind it. If it's entertainment, I think it's nice to be able to simplify things more than they are in real life... I enjoy a certain amount of escapism in my entertainment, after all."

Lyseil chuckled warmly. "Would be nice if this could happen sometimes in real life too. That evil gets its due in the end without the heroes having to go to their level, I mean."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Niall sighed pleasantly, his eyes briefly closing as Lyseil snuggled up next to him. "So do I." He said softly. "It's just something that's a bit more on my mind right now." How much easier would it have been if a stray shot had caught Melv in the throat? On the other hand, there was something to be said about being tested and being found worthy.

"Well..." Relaxing, Niall took another small handful of popcorn, popping one piece at a time into his mouth. "I think I'm going to have to play to type, here. Captain Alderaan's idealism is well documented." He flashed her a quick grin. "But I think it's possible. We're doing the best we can, here. I suppose we have yet to see if evil gets its due, so to speak, but we haven't gone to their level yet."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:36 pm

Lyseil on the other hand picked out one piece of popcorn at a time. "Mm, true, Captain Alderaan can't get his hands dirty, after all," she snickered. "Got to maintain that perfect image for the masses and all."

"But..." she paused, eyes watching the film as she continued the conversation. "... yes, you're right. We're not at their level. Not the Mandalorians, or the Sith. It's not like we attacked one of their most precious planets, like they attacked Alderaan."

She gave a small shake of her head and turned her attention more to Niall. "I don't remember much about it. Do you...?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:14 am

Niall took a deep breath. "Very, very little." Niall said. "Much more impressions that I gathered from my parents than anything else. Perhaps a tiny bit more. I remember them both being worried, and both trying to be brave for us. That was even scarier in a way. I remember it was very busy. There were lots of people coming and going, and a lot of them had weapons." His thoughtful frown deepened. "I remember some of our relatives joined us. Or did we join them? I can't remember. It was so long ago..."

He glanced at her, smiling. "It seems strange that I remember so little about an event that had such a big effect on the trajectory of my life. But, well, there it is."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:35 am

"Sounds like you remember much more about it than I do," she smirked slightly. "Sometimes I wonder more if my memories are constructed more from what I've been told later... I know my brother and I were placed with my uncle when it happened, since his estate is pretty deep into the mountains. My parents were working with the other Houses to organize a rescue of the Queen's closest family. What I do remember was that I liked being at my uncle's estate, because of the dogs he keeps."

Her smile grew fond, as did her voice. "He keeps these really big dogs for hunting, and I just remember feeling really safe cuddling up to them or riding around on them. Reland told me that he was mostly scared there, because he'd sty up at night and hear the sound of fighter-ships, but I don't remember that at all..."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:24 am

"A few years really makes a difference at that age. Rayne doesn't... didn't remember anything about it either." The slip wasn't painful; it just happened. He went on. "And you must have been small if you could ride around on dogs, even if they were big." He chuckled, giving her a little nudge with his hip. "That sounds adorable. And... rather pleasant, actually."

Niall sighed. "I don't remember any fighters overhead. Like you, I sometimes wonder how much I actually remember..." He shook his head slowly, as though waking from a dream.

He squeezed her a little closer. "It was a dark time... but it sounds like it wasn't really a bad memory for either of us, in a lot of ways."
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:30 am

"They were pretty big dogs, and I was like... two or three years old? They're the type of dogs you could've used for sleds in the old days, so it's not hard for a little kid to ride around on them," she chuckled at the memory of holding onto their furs since she had no reins.

"Maybe it's for the better that we don't remember it, so that our generation won't be clouded by it when it comes to dealing with the Empire? Maybe that's how we'll be able to maintain a peace with them?"
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:18 pm

"I can almost imagine it. I'm sure it was adorable." Niall said, chuckling. Up on screen, the credits for the movie began to roll.

Lyseil's suggestion was an interesting one. Niall considered it for some time, his expression serious. "Perhaps. I'll admit, I never thought of that." Idly, his fingers drummed on her leg as he thought. "So much has happened since then. How much have you interacted with the Empire yourself?"
Niall Organa

Postby Lyseil Panteer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:02 pm

"My parents have aaaall the pictures of it since my uncle took some. You'd probably get to see if it the subject comes up, if you visit sometime," perhaps a touch hopeful in her tone, but she would like for him to visit some time. Even if not as a boyfriend.

Lyseil resisted the urge to squirm in response to the drumming on her leg, and managed to contain her ticklishness. "Not really. I've seen them around on Tatooine, for instance, but I just avoided them. They tend to be rather mean to the locals, but I know that riling them up just makes it worse for those who live there. Especially the non-humans..." she actually frowned. "I saw them shooting after Jawas once for sport."
Profile | Theme 2

Lyseil Panteer

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:45 am

Niall smiled. "And see the Panteer family baby pictures? How could I refuse." He chuckled, his expression softening. "But yes. I think I'd like that."

Unware, Niall continued his drumming, but fortunately for Lyseil only for a moment longer. "Yes. I dealt with them a bit on Nar Shaddaa. A rather mixed bunch. But... one did come up with the nickname Captain Alderaan." His lips quirked. "I'm not sure if that's meant as an example of how they're alright, or how they're not."

Gritting his teeth, Niall stifled a yawn. He was quite enjoying himself, but the hour was getting late. "I... should probably be going." Niall's tone was regretful as he looked at her.
Niall Organa

PreviousNext
Forum Statistics